Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Garden State Parkway Challenges...

Now, for me, the Parkway has always held the best challenges:

I was in beach traffic over this past summer on the parkway and I was in the middle lane and what flies past me? A white '02 Firehawk w/ stripes. I get beside him and he has gauges upto whazzoo on his dash. So I get over in the far right and we both get a break in traffic. We hit the straightaway! He nails it and what was kick ass was his front end lifted up alot w/ every shift he made! Well, I didn't beat him, he hit traffic and had to slow down. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Now, for me, the Parkway has always held the best challenges:

I was in beach traffic over this past summer on the parkway and I was in the middle lane and what flies past me? A white '02 Firehawk w/ stripes. I get beside him and he has gauges upto whazzoo on his dash. So I get over in the far right and we both get a break in traffic. We hit the straightaway! He nails it and what was kick ass was his front end lifted up alot w/ every shift he made! Well, I didn't beat him, he hit traffic and had to slow down. Sucks.
    Yeah GSP races can be great because there are some very nice straighaways, and depending what time it is, no traffic. However 5pm on a Friday around exit 80 in the summer isnt that time!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Yeah GSP races can be great because there are some very nice straighaways, and depending what time it is, no traffic. However 5pm on a Friday around exit 80 in the summer isnt that time!
    LMAO! I know it man! Just slow up around exit 130-135...Cops love camping out all around there.

LMAO! I know it man! Just slow up around exit 130-135...Cops love camping out all around there.

Oh I know, Ive been getting hit with laser there a lot. I commute Mon and Wed from 80 to 144 for school. I dont think Ive NOT been hit with radar or laser at least once on a trip up there, and its almost always after the bridge!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Oh I know, Ive been getting hit with laser there a lot. I commute Mon and Wed from 80 to 144 for school. I dont think Ive NOT been hit with radar or laser at least once on a trip up there, and its almost always after the bridge!
    EE1983, what kinda wheels ya got? Mods? and where ya from?

I have an 05 EVO and Im from Pine Beach, right next to Toms River.

-Tom
    Last edited by EE1983; 01-15-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

-Tom
    If it's like a grey color I think we've met on Rt 9... I had a run in w/ one right over where Rt. 9 turns into 35 and you have to make a right turn to stay on 9...And that would be the way you'd head over to the Tom's River area so it would make sense... This Evo picked me up right off the Parkway and we both headed down Route 9 along side eachother kinda...

Tom, any mod's yet?

If it's like a grey color I think we've met on Rt 9... I had a run in w/ one right over where Rt. 9 turns into 35 and you have to make a right turn to stay on 9...And that would be the way you'd head over to the Tom's River area so it would make sense... This Evo picked me up right off the Parkway and we both headed down Route 9 along side eachother kinda...

No that wasnt me, but I raced that kid a while ago. It should be the same kid since Ive only seen one of those color EVOs around and I drive around the area quite often. BTW mine is electric blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Tom, any mod's yet?
    Yes. Full exhaust, MBC, cams, FMIC, tune etc. Stock turbo though

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

No that wasnt me, but I raced that kid a while ago. It should be the same kid since Ive only seen one of those color EVOs around and I drive around the area quite often. BTW mine is electric blue.
    (
    Did u beat him? If so, interested in racing a slightly modded LS1?

Did u beat him? If so, interested in racing a slightly modded LS1?
    Yeah I beat him. I tried talking to him after but we were rolling so I couldnt hear what he had done, I knew he said exhaust, fmic and something else. I dont think he had cams though and I did so that was probably why I got him. Im always down for racing, especially in the winter since its so dead around here - the summer is awesome but winter I only get 1-2 races a week if that! You come around the Toms River area ever? Im always around! Oh and whats your definition of "slightly"

-Tom

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Yeah I beat him. I tried talking to him after but we were rolling so I couldnt hear what he had done, I knew he said exhaust, fmic and something else. I dont think he had cams though and I did so that was probably why I got him. Im always down for racing, especially in the winter since its so dead around here - the summer is awesome but winter I only get 1-2 races a week if that! You come around the Toms River area ever? Im always around! Oh and whats your definition of "slightly"

-Tom
    I'm really NEVER around Tom's River, no reason to be honestly. I'm usually hangin in Sayreville, Woodbridge, or even Edison... You pass through any of those places? I don't mind driving to Tom's River at all so don't worry...

I'm really NEVER around Tom's River, no reason to be honestly. I'm usually hangin in Sayreville, Woodbridge, or even Edison... You pass through any of those places? I don't mind driving to Tom's River at all so don't worry...
    For some reason I thought you lived South of me. I pass Sayreville and Edison on the way to school Mon and Wed. TR isnt a bad drive really, right down the GSP! Lemme know!

-Tom

Thread Information