Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a fun import

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

a fun import

so I was driving down 153 towards the dam from hixson and a red acura nsx flies by me. I gave it a little gas and caught up. I tried to get beside him at a light before the bridge and couldn't get it, but after we got over the bridge we had an opening. he kept revving his engine at me (side note: the guy driving the car was in his late 40s- early 50's) and I waved to go and he floored it. he got a slight jump on me but i just kept pulling on him the whole time. by the time we hit 80mph I was beside him and pulling away and by the time I was going 100 I had a car length on him. I have to admit that was a fun car to race. that was the fastest stock honda I have ever seen. then again it does have a v6. lol.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahahaha, I WISH I had the chance to race one of those... some are fast some are only quick. It depends on the year... I think the '91s or '92s ran like 14.1sec in the 1/4 those are the slow ones and some run 12s I think.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

some run low 13's they are fast! my dad raced on in his z06 it was a cool race

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA Gotta Love the TN imports!!! Most are worthless, Any mods on your Z?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

sleeper101, jimmybling was at the track that day I raced that cobra. I don't know if he saw me run it though... he probably did.

also beware of a white civic around here... a guy named santos beat a heads/cam/spray c5Z06... and I raced the Z06 once... so that civic has to be STRAIGHT NASTY!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Awesome!! You guys need to get a date together we all can go to the track! Ill be a few more months on getting my car finished but I can bring the T/A out to play!!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

cool, I'd love to see it

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    sleeper101, jimmybling was at the track that day I raced that cobra. I don't know if he saw me run it though... he probably did.

also beware of a white civic around here... a guy named santos beat a heads/cam/spray c5Z06... and I raced the Z06 once... so that civic has to be STRAIGHT NASTY!
    santos has a nasty civic. he has the nicest turbo setup I have ever seen and it's in one of those hatchbacks that weigh nearly nothing. the computer in that thing adjusts the boost depending on the gear he is in and it "learns" what type of situations you are in. that thing is sick. he runs high 11's in the thing. he can't do that well in the 1/8th though.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    hahahaha, I WISH I had the chance to race one of those... some are fast some are only quick. It depends on the year... I think the '91s or '92s ran like 14.1sec in the 1/4 those are the slow ones and some run 12s I think.
    the tag on the one I ran said 96 nsx so it was when they started getting fast. i definitely like it. I think he was stock though because it didn't have a really mean sound to it or anything

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Awesome!! You guys need to get a date together we all can go to the track! Ill be a few more months on getting my car finished but I can bring the T/A out to play!!
    yeah we need to. what are you finishing?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    yeah we need to. what are you finishing?
    Im finishing my 240, Im putting the motor back in this weekend. I had to upgrade the radiator, Put in a new oil cooler, Launch control, Rollcage, New 1 piece driveshaft, Axles, New suspention setup this year, 11.50 MT Drag radials, and in a month Im switching to propane, So Alot of new mods for this year. It went the best of 7.80 @91 last year with No launch control, 10lbs of boost on 112 octain and 8inch slicks that wouldn't hook for crap up top!

On gas I should be in the 7.50's and when I switch to propane and my new turbo setup I should be in the 6 flat around 120MPH range. This is a street car also!! Im trying to catch my buddies mustang, He's running 6.70's

What times are you guys running? My T/A is lucky to go 8.80 on street tires.

white
    94 camaro z28

Im finishing my 240, Im putting the motor back in this weekend. I had to upgrade the radiator, Put in a new oil cooler, Launch control, Rollcage, New 1 piece driveshaft, Axles, New suspention setup this year, 11.50 MT Drag radials, and in a month Im switching to propane, So Alot of new mods for this year. It went the best of 7.80 @91 last year with No launch control, 10lbs of boost on 112 octain and 8inch slicks that wouldn't hook for crap up top!

On gas I should be in the 7.50's and when I switch to propane and my new turbo setup I should be in the 6 flat around 120MPH range. This is a street car also!! Im trying to catch my buddies mustang, He's running 6.70's

What times are you guys running? My T/A is lucky to go 8.80 on street tires.
    last time i went i couldn't get traction on my street tires and kept getting 2 seccond 60' but when i get traction i run in the 8.6-8.5 range.

that is a fast 240 though. what type of motor it have? sr20? rb?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

A Built out the ass rb25!! I should be pushing 650+ RWHP when I switch to Propane! I can crank up the boost, But im limited now to my fuel injector size.

I have not been able to go race at Brainerd. Hows the track normally?

Crossville is sometimes great and other not. On my 8 inch slicks last season against a TT vette I nearly took out the guard rail and him Top end I spun 4th gear HARD!!

I was cutting 1.6 60' B/f my launch control, I hope to be in the 1.4-1.5 range this year.

white
    94 camaro z28

A Built out the ass rb25!! I should be pushing 650+ RWHP when I switch to Propane! I can crank up the boost, But im limited now to my fuel injector size.

I have not been able to go race at Brainerd. Hows the track normally?

Crossville is sometimes great and other not. On my 8 inch slicks last season against a TT vette I nearly took out the guard rail and him Top end I spun 4th gear HARD!!

I was cutting 1.6 60' B/f my launch control, I hope to be in the 1.4-1.5 range this year.
    I knew that couldn't be that original motor. the rb25 is a crazy motor. is it tt or t?

I really don't have anything to compare brainerd to. it's pretty nice though. i can't get traction on street tires, but that's just torque. lol.

I would love to see that rb25 though. nissan makes a great inline motor. the 350z sux though.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    I knew that couldn't be that original motor. the rb25 is a crazy motor. is it tt or t?

I really don't have anything to compare brainerd to. it's pretty nice though. i can't get traction on street tires, but that's just torque. lol.

I would love to see that rb25 though. nissan makes a great inline motor. the 350z sux though.
    Its just a single turbo setup. The Rb26 is a TT, The Rb25 is a nice engin. Its built extremely well, I was surprised when I tore it down for a Overhaul after i broke a piston the first time (that won't happen again) But they are way too dang expensive!! But you gotta pay to play right?

I think Im the only Import to break the 7 second margin at Crossville!! HAhA maybe i can come to brainerd and set a record! Or kill myself trying.

Out of all the motors Nissan makes the Inline 6 is the one and only ill ever own. But I wanted different at the track thats why I built it. 5 years worth and still counting!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Crossville has one bump in the tower lane right past the start line. it has turned me sideways once! but over all the track is good. I try running in the lane without the bump.

white
    94 camaro z28

well as far as bumps go brainerd doesn't have any i don't think. and that is badass. I love 240s with swaps. one of my friends did a swap for a rb20det and he traded it for a n/a talon. I was like that is stupid, keep the 240 and get the new injectors to make it run right.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well its a little more than injectors, I need ECU, Throttle body and a bunch of other junk just to tune for gas, about 3 grand worth, Vs I can tune and make the same power on propane for 1,000 and have room to spare.

The Rb20 is alright for a DD, I wouldn't build a track car with it tho, Just can't make the same power the 25 or 26 can.

What nights do you guys run Brainerd?

white
    94 camaro z28

Well its a little more than injectors, I need ECU, Throttle body and a bunch of other junk just to tune for gas, about 3 grand worth, Vs I can tune and make the same power on propane for 1,000 and have room to spare.

The Rb20 is alright for a DD, I wouldn't build a track car with it tho, Just can't make the same power the 25 or 26 can.

What nights do you guys run Brainerd?
    im going to brainerd tonite i think. as long as that guy doesn't wuss out im going.

with his though the fuel injectors were all messed up. that's all that was wrong with it. he had it swapped and everything had an ecu, just had problems with the injectors. I wanted him to fix it so bad.

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

... jimmy, you should have no problem hooking. Your car is stock, i have no problem hooking and mines got a little more power.

Thread Information