Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Fried a little rice today

Well, me and the girlfriend were cruising back from grapevine mills mall on hwy 26 for you texans out there and i came up behind an acura tl at a light. when the light went green he took off like a bat out of hell and i was like ok, so i caught up to him and changed lanes so i was on his right and we lined up at another red light. i told myself to take off firm, not fast, but not slow and it worked. i heard his tires squeel and i stayed next to him just rolling on the throttle. once we got to about 30 i was tired of playing with him and i nailed it and left him still trying . i left my car in 2nd at about 55 so he could here that cut-out singing and he backed off. at the next light the dude and his wife wouldn't even look over and when the light turned green they took off like a normal person and drove civil. it made a good ending to long day of walking around the mall and spending money . i know his car wasn't in the league of an ls1 but i havent seen any action in about 2 months so i got my fill. thanks for your time.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

haha my dad drives an 04 tl... I love that car personally ive never driven a car that feels so smooth doing 90 but i dont understand why he'd try and race you...dont get me wrong he is amking 270hp from a 3.2 and you're making like 325 from a 5.7 so that engine is defintely better enginered, but wheel spin in that car presents itself off any launch above 1k rpms...and please dont refer to it as rice haha ud be surprised how nice that thing is...has all the features of a 50k benz and then some for 32k

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    haha my dad drives an 04 tl... I love that car personally ive never driven a car that feels so smooth doing 90 but i dont understand why he'd try and race you...dont get me wrong he is amking 270hp from a 3.2 and you're making like 325 from a 5.7 so that engine is defintely better enginered, but wheel spin in that car presents itself off any launch above 1k rpms...and please dont refer to it as rice haha ud be surprised how nice that thing is...has all the features of a 50k benz and then some for 32k
    i've always liked the look of the new TL's very classy looking!

btw good kill!

Silver
    2002 Z28

TLs are not rice at all lol!!!! The power they put out for a V6 is amazing being NA. I have a TSX b/c I am not trying to be fast in my everyday car (still can smoke most rice thou haha). My sister drives a TL, they are awesome cars. Very nice looks inside and out, tons of options and the integrated navi is awesome. Plus, first scheduled maintence is 100k miles on these cars.

I love my z28 and definately love the LS1, but thats all it is. Its something to put the big ass LS1 in. The Acura is a much better car in general anyway you look at it be in quality/service/reliability/price.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

blue02Z- I go to that mall often too. Maybe i will see you sometime. Good kill.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    I love my z28 and definately love the LS1, but thats all it is. Its something to put the big ass LS1 in.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but, you definitely don't deserve that Z28. It's more than just a make to stuff the "big ass" LS1 in, it's tradition. The '69 Camaro (that year alone) has a great deal more history than each and every Acura make and model, combined.

The Acura is a much better car in general anyway you look at it be in quality / service / reliability/ price.
    Opinion.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea dude the camaro has a long history and you gotta admire that and give it a little credit but w/e

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

Lol @ The Tl. My Wife's Friend Had A Tl And She Was Talkin Al This Crap About How She Would Run Me! Too Bad She Crashed Her Tl Before We Got To Race. Dont Get Me Wrong They Look Nice And Have A Good Price, But They Cant Hang With A V8.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but, you definitely don't deserve that Z28. It's more than just a make to stuff the "big ass" LS1 in, it's tradition. The '69 Camaro (that year alone) has a great deal more history than each and every Acura make and model, combined.

Opinion.
    Give it credit? I have one, of course I give it credit. Yes I know the history, that is why I got a 2002 Z28. I wanted one of the last ones. I wanted a 69 but not very practical for a daily driver.
    Its tradition, ok. I love my Z, I know more than enough about the history. The point is the car was made to be fast, and other areas were just not though about too much. The engine is awesome. The rear end sucks. The window motors sucks. There arent exactly a bunch of features and technology in the car.
    I just dont think beating a TL is anything special. Its not made for speed, year I guess the driver was an idiot. But ripping on the TL just doesnt make sense. It is a fact that it is more reliable. It is a fact that it will last longer. And it is a fact that you get more for the price. Don't see where that is an opinion. They are fast enough for a luxury car, much more efficient for the speed it has. Definately not rice. Definately not about tradition either, you are right.
    Anyway, so sorry to anyone that cant imagine someone speaking bad about a Camaro. I've had one for 4 years, know it inside and out, and hate many things about it. But all in all, Its still one of my favorite cars. And as far as deserving it, lol, I paid the 27k for it so I think that qualifies me as deserving.

Nice "kill"

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Give it credit? I have one, of course I give it credit. Yes I know the history, that is why I got a 2002 Z28. I wanted one of the last ones. I wanted a 69 but not very practical for a daily driver.
    Its tradition, ok. I love my Z, I know more than enough about the history. The point is the car was made to be fast, and other areas were just not though about too much. The engine is awesome. The rear end sucks. The window motors sucks. There arent exactly a bunch of features and technology in the car.
    I just dont think beating a TL is anything special. Its not made for speed, year I guess the driver was an idiot. But ripping on the TL just doesnt make sense. It is a fact that it is more reliable. It is a fact that it will last longer. And it is a fact that you get more for the price. Don't see where that is an opinion. They are fast enough for a luxury car, much more efficient for the speed it has. Definately not rice. Definately not about tradition either, you are right.
    Anyway, so sorry to anyone that cant imagine someone speaking bad about a Camaro. I've had one for 4 years, know it inside and out, and hate many things about it. But all in all, Its still one of my favorite cars. And as far as deserving it, lol, I paid the 27k for it so I think that qualifies me as deserving.

Nice "kill"
    I wasn't ripping the TL at all. I even said that I knew it wasn't in the same league as my car, but he wanted to go too otherwise he wouldn't have tried in the first place. Thats not my fault.

And to everyone else-thanks

Thread Information