Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Foxbody vs. GTO LS2

This is a new kind of story, that you wont hear everyday.

I am riding with one of my friends who drives an 89 Foxbody LX and we crusing down 501 which is an empty freeway when we were there today. Out of no where we find a 05+ gto M6. We get up next to it and rev untill he finally reves back. We honk the horn and on the 2nd honk the GTO took off, my friend who was drivng said "that bitch" and floored it, a few seconds later we had bus lengths on the GTO. Guess the car is faster then we thought lol, its only got 370HP

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    This is a new kind of story, that you wont hear everyday.

I am riding with one of my friends who drives an 89 Foxbody LX and we crusing down 501 which is an empty freeway when we were there today. Out of no where we find a 05+ gto M6. We get up next to it and rev untill he finally reves back. We honk the horn and on the 2nd honk the GTO took off, my friend who was drivng said "that bitch" and floored it, a few seconds later we had bus lengths on the GTO. Guess the car is faster then we thought lol, its only got 370HP
    A fox body is pretty light weight and 370 hp is pretty good. The GTO cars are heavy. Im not surprised of the outcome. How do you know it was a M6, he could have reved in nuetral with his auto as well. Is your friends 370 hp to the wheels of flywheel?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Watched him shift, and u can tell when its a stick when the front of the car dips down a little bit when it does shift

Red?
    2001 Z28

What mods has your friend made to the 5.0? Just curious.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Nice kill for your buddy! I wish my foxbody was fast, but it's slow as Christmas, oh well, that's why it's a stereo on wheels DD for me.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

please no flaming but....

IF(big if) was to own a ford it would be a fox body
    imo its the best looking mustang.

ran one my self a few weeks back w/ h/c and he stayed w/ me
    from 50 til 100 and i pulled on him a car are so to around 130.
    it was a good run he stayed @ my door til 100

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Stalker View Post
    What mods has your friend made to the 5.0? Just curious.
    Its has a carb 302, heads, cam, and holley intake, holley carb, 3,73 gears, h-pipe with dump offs, 5 speed, umm to tell you the truth im not really sure what else it has. I am sure it has more to it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    please no flaming but....

IF(big if) was to own a ford it would be a fox body
    imo its the best looking mustang.

ran one my self a few weeks back w/ h/c and he stayed w/ me
    from 50 til 100 and i pulled on him a car are so to around 130.
    it was a good run he stayed @ my door til 100
    Yea personally I am not a big fan of the foxbodies, there are a few that look good and I would drive but I dont like em that much, regardless of how fast and easy it could be. I rather have a cobra or mach1 hehe

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Yea personally I am not a big fan of the foxbodies, there are a few that look good and I would drive but I dont like em that much, regardless of how fast and easy it could be. I rather have a cobra or mach1 hehe
    +1 on the cobra or mach...That is if I had to have a mustang.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I think fox bodies are just under 3000 lbs. correct me if i'm wrong. ls2 goat = 3800-3900 lbs!!

The goat has 30 more hp but almost 1000 lbs. Fox bodies can be made quick especially with their low weight. This kid i know had a forged 306 in his.... claimed 500 hp lol, it was pretty quick until we went for a ride and he flipped it into the woods. Thank God i'm alive.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

They aren't that light in stock form. After removing A/C (about 50lbs), the spare tire and jack (spare was exactly 30 lbs, not sure about jack), changing the stock iron heads to aluminum (40-50 lbs), and running 1/8 tank of fuel (~80 lbs lighter than a full tank) still weighed 2976 lbs w/o the driver in it.

The notchbacks were probably about 100 lbs lighter than that.

My twin-turbo, with full A/C, no spare, and 190-200 lbs driver weighed in at 3400 lbs. Keep in mind, though, that the turbo system added at least 100 lbs.

Chris

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea but that turbo makes up the power for that 100lbs.
    No he has full weight plus AC hehe, with spare tire, jack and bunch of shit in the back

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Different fox bodys weighed different, between the years and the hatch or notch, notchs were lighter, and some foxbody GTS weighed just over 3250lbs. Soem aren light, the lx notch from 91 weighed liek just over 2800 being one of the ligther years, and when people say 370hp, im assuming they dont mean 370at the crank cause who dynos jsut there mtoor unless it was a crate motor. But he is probably 370rwhp which is 450hp at the crank more than the GTO.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Actually I meant it was 370 to the crank 330 to the wheels lol sorry for the confusion. Its an 89 Lx hatch

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Actually I meant it was 370 to the crank 330 to the wheels lol sorry for the confusion. Its an 89 Lx hatch
    I think I'm going to callon this one.....maybe not, but even in stock for ls1, I couldn't find a stang to stay close to me.....but most around me are stock

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Different fox bodys weighed different, between the years and the hatch or notch, notchs were lighter, and some foxbody GTS weighed just over 3250lbs. Soem aren light, the lx notch from 91 weighed liek just over 2800 being one of the ligther years, and when people say 370hp, im assuming they dont mean 370at the crank cause who dynos jsut there mtoor unless it was a crate motor. But he is probably 370rwhp which is 450hp at the crank more than the GTO.
    They didn't come out with the "GTS" until the SN95s were produced. I assume you're referring to the GT, which weighed in at about what you quotes.

No notchback GTs came anywhere near as light as 2800 lbs. While that my be the report on edmunds or some other website, they were probably referring to a 4cyl notch, or they were just wrong. LX notches with the 4cyl, and absolutely no options might have weighed 2800, but they came with a 7.5" rear axle instead of the 8.8, and I do not believe that they came with the World class T5. The lightest 5.0 without A/C and radio removed, notchbacks probably weighed right in the neighborhood of 3000 lbs before they were lightened by taking out the spare and other parts.

Chris

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    I think I'm going to callon this one.....maybe not, but even in stock for ls1, I couldn't find a stang to stay close to me.....but most around me are stock
    It's feasible, but I'm not saying that it's true. My 302 made 320 rwhp and ran 11s with a mild H/C/I combo, which probably made 365 or so at the crank and made quick work of any LS1s that didn't have at least a cam.

Chris

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    It's feasible, but I'm not saying that it's true. My 302 made 320 rwhp and ran 11s with a mild H/C/I combo, which probably made 365 or so at the crank and made quick work of any LS1s that didn't have at least a cam.

Chris
    You got a sick stang right?.......I think I saw you post in newbie sec....what are you running setup....I see the TT.....sorry for the thread Jack sorry wrong guy Chris...congrats on the vette though......
    Brad
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 11-05-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    You got a sick stang right?.......I think I saw you post in newbie sec....what are you running setup....I see the TT.....sorry for the thread Jack sorry wrong guy Chris...congrats on the vette though......
    Brad
    Well, I'd like to think my stang is sick, but would love to hear about the other guy's. Here are the basics of my current setup:

Dart IE 302 Block
    Sonny Bryant Billet 3.250" crank (for 331 c.i.)
    Oliver Billet I-Beam 5.4" rods
    CP custom 30-over 8.5:1 pistons
    AFR 205s with the nitrous port
    Trick Flow Systems R-series intake with Boxed upper
    Ed Curtis (FTI) custom cam
    Big Stuff 3 stand-alone engine management system
    HP Performance stage III turbo kit
    Custom Precision GT42R-76mm turbo

It's all assembled, and now I'm working on the car which is getting a cage, a full suspension, and a new rear-end before the motor goes back in.

Bare with me while I bench-race a bit, but with a manual I'm guessing 700-ish to the wheels on pump gas, and probably over 1000 on race gas on this turbo. With an auto, it won't see as much at the wheels, but then 8s would be possible.

The car will stay a street car with full A/C and interior. The cage will be at least a 10-point w/ removable bars for ease of entry/exit when I'm not racing.

If/when I go with an auto, I think it'll be a lentech AOD with 3 disc locking torque convertor so that it still get adequate mileage....haha Lentech seems to think that their tranny can handle the power and they offer a lifetime warranty.

Chris

10's N/A

Yea personally I am not a big fan of the foxbodies
    Oh please, yeah you are. It seems everytime I look up you've got some story about a Mustang of some type takin' a GM car, or your suggesting how a Mustang is better than the opposition in some way.

Is it possible that your considering swapping that lil' 'ole six for a 5-0? If so, atleast it would be a V8. (laughter follows)

Anyways, good kill for your bud. I'd still take the GTO anyday!

Thread Information