Mystic Teal
    1995 Z28 m6

Cool Fort GT*** - Stealth Turbo*

Holy crap!!!! Boise town square mall... was just cruisen to work and I stopped at the light with no one next to me. Then a Ford GT pulled up next to me(NOT THE MUSTANG, THE EXOTIC ) I sat there and thought for a second on how stupid i could be, and said "what the hell", I gave him "THE LOOK" (he must have been in his late fifties) so the light turns green and im on it, he had a late start, but before i get across the intersection he blows my doors off. Anyways I said my thanks and sent him on his way. It was probly the funnest race a far as entertainment that I've ever been in. just got my 95' last week, (my legs were trembling after that one.) INSANE

Same day on the way home everybody was gettin off work from the mall and I stop at the entrance to the freeway and a 3000gt, pulls next to me and decides to start blowing of his turbo(dont know much about em') but I let him show off for a couple seconds and then decided to give him a taste of my open borla. I saw the look on his face change(kinda like in 2fast 2furious, when he's racin the Hemi...charger???.... I love that feelin ) We hit it and I break loose a little bit, but am rollin fine, he sticks with my door just untill i hit second and i flew.... I dont know why but it just feels good to put a ricer in its place.
    95' Z28/ Teal Metalic
    6 Speed LT1
    Hurst Short Throw
    Borla, BBK Shortys
    MSD, K&N, Hypertech

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

An appropriate running 3000gt VR4 twin turbo has 300-320 hp depending on the year, they are heavy cars however weighing near 4000lbs; They ran low 14s during their day; with the 95 to 97s in the mid 13s. A good running Vr4 should be a drivers race; go against a non turbo SL model and you will blow its door away
    nice kill

-------
    2004 Evolution
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    1989 Anniversary Turbo Trans Am hardtop

Mystic Teal
    1995 Z28 m6

Yea I know the sound of a turbo but I dont know what the deal was didn't get a chance to see if it was a Vr4, but i highly doubt it. It had to be a 92 or 93, but like I said don't know much bout em'. This kid was bout 16 and was all bout his stereo and groud effects. What could a aftermarket turbo put out at??

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

The early 3000gt VR4 had 300hp/300ft.lbs; only the VR4 models had twin turbo in addition to all wheel drive and 4 wheel steering; the other models were normally aspirated; will minor modifications the VR4 can easily be up to 350 hp; to get to 400 and greater hp; I believe they will require larger turbos; the demand for 3000gt VR4s in the aftermarket is not at strong as say the other japanese cars of the 90s ie 300zx and Supra; partly due to the fact that its weight works against its performance. It's known more as a touring GT rather than a sports car. Irregardless, the guy you raced was smoked, and he should spend some time on his engine so that his show can have some go
    again nice kill, be safe

-------
    2004 Evolution
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    1989 Anniversary Turbo Trans Am hardtop

Mystic Teal
    1995 Z28 m6

Thanks for the info man, I learned somthin today, by the way that Viper is lookin sweet!!!!

Thread Information