Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

First kill in the new SS

I've had my SS for a few weeks now and finally got someone to bite!

This weekend I drove from Atlanta to northeastern NC to see my family and to take care of a few things in NC. On the drive home, I was cruising down I-85 is South Carolina and a guy in a Mustang GT vert (probably a 2003 or 2004) rolls by me pretty quickly....mind you, I'm already doing 11-12 over the limit. I sped up and we were side by side at about 80 mph and he took off. I ripped the SS down into 4th gear and ran it up to around 130-135 mph....I caught up with him pretty quickly and put several lengths on him by the time we slowed. Nothing impressive about the kill as it sounded like he was pretty close to stock, but I just thought I would share the results.

It's tough to really get a feel for the new car with all of the traffic in Atlanta.....this was the first time I got to feel how well it pulls up top and I was pleasantly surprised!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Think the best way to get a feel for a car is on back roads with a mixture of everything like straights, curves hairpins. and that will put you into shape in no time. Don't rush to get the feel take your time and you'll be good. I see you're in atlanta. We may meet some time. I've got a buddy in Dalton with an SS and we plan to go to Calhoun(Supposed to have the oldest running 1/4 in the US) and I'll get my girl out with her gt and my other buddy's z/28 and we'll run them all day!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good kill, and welcome to the forum

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good kill, are you all stock?

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    (Supposed to have the oldest running 1/4 in the US)
    I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the oldest track in the US was Englishtown?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    good kill, are you all stock?
    Thanks. The previous owner did his fair share of modding: Weiand intake, Hooker LTs & Y-pipe without cats, Flowmaster catback, K&N FIPK, custom tune. I have a set of Motive 3.90 gears sitting at the house just dying to get some action and hopefully heads and cam will follow shortly!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    Think the best way to get a feel for a car is on back roads with a mixture of everything like straights, curves hairpins. and that will put you into shape in no time. Don't rush to get the feel take your time and you'll be good. I see you're in atlanta. We may meet some time. I've got a buddy in Dalton with an SS and we plan to go to Calhoun(Supposed to have the oldest running 1/4 in the US) and I'll get my girl out with her gt and my other buddy's z/28 and we'll run them all day!
    That sounds like a plan to me! Let me know if you guys meet up at Calhoun....I'd love to get a few runs in!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner13 View Post
    I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the oldest track in the US was Englishtown?
    The one in Calhoun GA has been open since 1961

http://www.paradisedragstrip.net/about.html

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    I've had my SS for a few weeks now and finally got someone to bite!

This weekend I drove from Atlanta to northeastern NC to see my family and to take care of a few things in NC. On the drive home, I was cruising down I-85 is South Carolina and a guy in a Mustang GT vert (probably a 2003 or 2004) rolls by me pretty quickly....mind you, I'm already doing 11-12 over the limit. I sped up and we were side by side at about 80 mph and he took off. I ripped the SS down into 4th gear and ran it up to around 130-135 mph....I caught up with him pretty quickly and put several lengths on him by the time we slowed. Nothing impressive about the kill as it sounded like he was pretty close to stock, but I just thought I would share the results.

It's tough to really get a feel for the new car with all of the traffic in Atlanta.....this was the first time I got to feel how well it pulls up top and I was pleasantly surprised!

atl traffic is krazy

Thread Information