Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

First kill for the new car

I was on a long road trip last week and i'm just crusing down the interstate in my vette minding my own business jamming out to some rage against the machine when i see this SRT4 pull up next to me.

I wasn't going to race but he kind of jumped it a couple times and honked his horn. He waved that we both should go so i was like "ok".

I hadn't raced anyone in this car yet so i wasn't sure how i would fare. I've never raced an SRT4 before either and i was a little worried when you have a neon trying to race a vette that has a loud exhaust/monster tach/and a plate that says "ANIVNM". (It's still the old owners plate, i haven't got it tagged yet).

Anyways we go from about 70mph.....and i just start walking him.

I slow back down and he catches up and he yells out the window "What's it run?" I'm like "I don't know."

We then went again and he hung with me for about a 2 seconds and i just walked him again. I don't know what kind of work he had done, but my car isn't exactly a freeway monster so i'm thinking he was stock.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

nice...those SRTurds are nothing to fear. Especially at 70mph! i rememebr testing one and it gave up at about 90 [stage 2 turbo too]

nice kill. It took me a year to get used to the batmobile, now i know what it's capable of and how to eat rice like a champ :headbang:

KOMATOS3

KOMATOS3
    good kill

Bad97Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    nice...those SRTurds are nothing to fear. Especially at 70mph! i rememebr testing one and it gave up at about 90 [stage 2 turbo too]

nice kill. It took me a year to get used to the batmobile, now i know what it's capable of and how to eat rice like a champ :headbang:
    I know a few of those "turds" that will blow your doors off. Not all the SRT owners are noobs. I also know a guy that has an older dodge turbo car that runs in the 9s. Wasn't there some guy driving a turbo mini van that was running 10s floating around the internet?? Those turbo cars are no joke with the right guys who own them.

Black
    99 SS

but anymore it is whoever has the most money owns the fastest car am i right?

hell there a semi trucks that have jet engines on them now, its not like it was in 60's or 70's anymore it is just whoever has the deepest pockets...

im just saying why buy a srt4 that has 200-240hp for $25 grand when you can buy a ss/ws6 for $15 grand and put $10k into it and it would be a monster

thats just my .02 cents though

Bad97Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    im just saying why buy a srt4 that has 200-240hp for $25 grand when you can buy a ss/ws6 for $15 grand and put $10k into it and it would be a monster

thats just my .02 cents though
    True about the deep pockets...its been that way for years.

With what you just said.... Why buy a ss/ws6 for 15k and put 10k into it when you can buy a $400 car and put $25k into the motor/trans/rearend/ and suspension? THAT would be a monster.

But seriously eveyone drives what they like and don't be a fool about turbo cars is all I'm saying because it doesn't take much to get them moving very fast.

Hell I never thought I'd see the day when 4 bangers are running in the 7s in the 1/4 mile... impressive and insane.

Black
    99 SS

but the sad thig is $25k is not that much money in a car these days.

Black
    99 SS

but the sad thing is $25k is not that much money in a car these days.

TONY
    ya there is a big differance you aint going to drive a 9 or 10 sec 4 banger back and forth to work like a v8 car

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Good point Tony.......how much gas do you think that 4 banger burns in a mile.....like the saying goes......"there's no replacement for displacement" .....and there's no replacement for the sound of a V8 .....who wants to hear a bucket of bees....? :beer3:
    Black '98 WS6 Trans AM (A4)

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by BatCar
    like the saying goes......"there's no replacement for displacement"
    The buick sitting in my driveway disagrees.

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Hey Captain.....My motor has alot more potential than yours.....generically speaking....If I do the same thing to my motor that you do to yours.....you will lose! Hence the saying above....
    Last edited by BatCar; 08-19-2005 at 06:13 AM.

Mexican killed my car

Hey Captain.....My motor has alot more potential than yours.....generically speaking....If I do the same thing to my motor that you do to yours.....you will lose! Hence the saying above....
    Potential?

That doesn't mean squat. You either have it or you don't. I've whooped a few cars that had lots of "potential". The fact is they still got thier asses owned by something with 2 less pistons.

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

You don't seem to read very well......if we have equal work done to our motors.... how old are you? ...stop being so ignorant! Do you have some inadequacy you're trying to make up for?

KOMATOS3
    He has a Z28 a low 12's capable of high mid 11's grand nat and a vette? you can honestly say what is he trying to make up for? your just mad he wont ejaculate in your ass.

You don't seem to read very well......if we have equal work done to our motors.... how old are you? ...stop being so ignorant! Do you have some inadequacy you're trying to make up for?

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

...you're showing your adolesence. ...by giving me the stats on his car, what are you trying to prove? there are LS1's that are in the 8's (possibly 7's by now). I still stand by my point...and anyone else in here with automotive knowledge will tell you the same. Maybe you should try reading slower...maybe it will sink in.

Mexican killed my car

...you're showing your adolesence. ...by giving me the stats on his car, what are you trying to prove? there are LS1's that are in the 8's (possibly 7's by now). I still stand by my point...and anyone else in here with automotive knowledge will tell you the same. Maybe you should try reading slower...maybe it will sink in.
    There have been turbo buicks in the 8's before the ls1 even came out. I'm willing to bet there are some in the 7's too.

Quit being a domestic ricer and accept you don't always need a v8 to win.

2001 Ls1
    Shit theres 4 banger 2.0L (4g63) eclipse running 7.1 @ 195 on a factory block (no aftermarket motors for them). Whats the fastest aluminum block LS1?

Its more about engine strength these days then size, on one hand the smaller engines need more boost to make the same power levels of bigger motors. One the other hand the clueless like batcar don't understand that it not apples to apples. You can't say, well throw the same amount of boost you run on your Forced induction engine on my N/A engine and i'll beat you mod for mod because guess what, your aluminum motor CAN'T hold that much boost even with upgraded internals.

Heres an example to illustrate, my old eclipse (R.I.P) put down 475hp on the 100% stock engine sans cams (people have done 550whp+ on stock bottom ends). I constantly ran 25-29 psi (it was relatively small turbo) even on stock head gasket/headstuds and even saw 35 psi spike accidently a few times before upgrading studs. Drove the piss out of it no problems.

I also owned/still own my 2001. On one hand small amounts of boost would make great power.

But I never said, "well I'll throw 29psi on my LS1 and be faster mod for mod" because I knew I COULDN'T. Its not apples to apples because once I spent the money to make an LS1 be able to run 29psi I could be running 55psi and a 150shot in the eclipse. Plus I would reach physical limitations of the aluminum block earlier compared to a high reving iron block built for boost. Its just two very different ways of going fast. I'm not saying ones better then the other in a anyway, just don't give me that "mine has more potential" when it doesn't because it CAN"T physically reach the same level.

Hell, how does that street supra out of chicago get driven 5,000 miles a year, runs mid 8's and put down 1,600hp to the wheels on only a 3 liter w/ upgraded rods/pistons/wrist pins and stock block. So you're gonna tell me a 5.7 liter car would run almost twice as fast So does my moms 3.4 L oldsmobile have more potential?? its bigger. Block strength buddy.

Its also why G/N's are so baddass, because they can hold the power.

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Thread Information