Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Finally...New Mustang GT

OK, I've had my SS for about 5 months now. I've ran into plenty 99-04 Mustangs and the stock and lightly modded ones really aren't worth the time, however I've always had a good bit of respect for the newer ones. My buddy just got a 2007 GT with a 5 speed. I've taken a ride down the road with him just to see how it felt. The car felt pretty good, but still seemed to lack a lot compared to my SS. I've been dying to race him, but haven't yet been able to get him to bite. Maybe later. That being said, I know I'm well modded, however would really like to see how I stack up to a new GT. I got my answer tonight!

My and the lady are heading back home and get stopped next to a new GT...younger guy driving and his lady's in the car. There is a very slight bend right there at the light. We both took off at a moderate speed and at about 20 I hear that he's into good. He jumped out and the front of my car was at his rear end. I slammed into it and was even with him by the top of first and had a good 2+ lengths on him before shifting out of 2nd early (5000 rpm) and I ran in 3rd for just a second or two before shifting into 4th. Surprisingly, he stayed in to try the fly by and still struggled to get any closer to me even once I was running in 3rd. He caught up when I completely came out of in and went into 4th. Not really a close race at all. I was surprised to see how easily I pulled on him, even while slightly spinning in 1st and 2nd and I was even more surprised to see him give me the thumbs up as he passed by mid-fly by! HAHA!

Kind of a predictible end result, however I finally had to see it for myself to be convinced. I'm so used to running into really loud (freaking awesome sounding) Mustangs and finally I got to give a Ford an earful of a cutout with LTs and an ORY!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice kill, i have taken one before when i still had manifolds and cats. do you have any dyno #s or track times?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Unfortunately, no dyno numbers or track times. Those will come after the heads and cam swap.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

You got a decently modded 6sp man. You're gonna pull on quite a few cars on the street if you can get traction. On the track w/ good air I bet you would pull a mid 12 second pass. The new stangs are finally respectable but not against a modded Maro. Nice kill bro!
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    You got a decently modded 6sp man. You're gonna pull on quite a few cars on the street if you can get traction. On the track w/ good air I bet you would pull a mid 12 second pass. The new stangs are finally respectable but not against a modded Maro. Nice kill bro!

Thanks man! I'd love to get a few passes at Englishtown in NJ. I lived in Parsippany, NJ for several years and always managed to pull good times there!

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Thanks man! I'd love to get a few passes at Englishtown in NJ. I lived in Parsippany, NJ for several years and always managed to pull good times there!
    Better times are to be had at Atco. Plus for a cheaper fee and usually more passes if you go on the right night, Thursday.....

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I have much respect for the new stangs they can ull some decent times. After driving my coworkers car I can say stock for stock its a drivers race but with mods it definately swings towards the LS1 as well. The stangs run what they run based on gearing. His car is quick but even stalling it at 2k and just nailing it it wouldn't spin a tire with the T/C off .

2000 Corvette

Was just watching the vid last night of my kill of a local newer year model GT. I have some mods but they guy still called me out, couldn't let my LS1 brethren down

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Better times are to be had at Atco. Plus for a cheaper fee and usually more passes if you go on the right night, Thursday.....
    What about Island Dragway in Great Meadows? It's only a couple of miles outside of Hackettstown NJ and Probably only a half hour from Parsippany.

edit. Looks like your'e in Atalnta now anyway.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

My buddy has an '06 GT with FIPK and dumps. His car sounds amazing! The sound just swallows you if you are within a block of him. I've not had the chance to race him but it would be fun. It is a lot of fun to just convoy with him in town, two American V8's thundering down the roads... Good stuff.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

those 05+ stangs are garbage! they've got the same junk ass 4.6 as the earlier ones do.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No they dont, the head setup and valetrain is completely different, they are actually making ok power now, i have a buddy with a a 06 with dumps and it sounds nasty i did take him by about 5-6 cars though up to 110.

Thread Information