Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evo killed me

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Evo killed me

Last night I raced a silver Evo VIII. Thing has cams, upgraded turbo, TBE, tuned, all the goodies to make them fast. He took off from a 25 roll I want to say, put a length on me right away, then 2 lengths, lets off around 70 because he was keeping the lead, and I did not want a ticket. Badass car for sure. My first loss. Did not mind at all the owner is a cool guy.

lookin for a ws6

What are your mods ? There wa one at the track running 13.0 's and he was modded up some.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

QTP LT's, ORY, SLP LM2. 4.11 gears, lid, tune, ford 9" rear.

lookin for a ws6

Do you have any times for your car ?

red
    1999 pontiac trans am

Eww that sux!! .. If you can drive your car should be running 12.5-12.9s so that evo must have moved out quite well.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I haven't run it yet myself but the orginal owner ran a 12.5 before i bought it. I can drive decently well as well. People tell me this Evo runs mid 11's. Oh well. Maybe once i get my H&C package I'll give him another go.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good death, those evos are strong running cars.

1999 C5 Corvette 6spd

Not a bad race. I used to have a STi so I know about the Evo's also. Since it was only a evo 8 with TBE and cam a decent tune would put them around 300whp. Then you add a turbo to that (probably a 18g or 20g) and you have a fast evo. At least you didn't race off the line...
    1999 Corvette C5
    4.10 gears, 4 Point Roll Cage, Borla Exhaust, CCW wheels, Custom Cam and Ported Heads, Hi-flow cats, Long Tube Headers, Lowered 1.5", LS6 Z06 Clutch/Flywheel, Vortex Intake, Wet Nitrous Setup, Z06 Intake Manifold 11.3@123 mph

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya some of those Evo's are pretty strong, along with the STi's and Talons!! I have seen many of them whoop on some v8's. But hey man get your H& C package and do it again!! Gotta love a tight race :}

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Evos are far better than STIs, the sti motor is harder to work on than a ls1 in a f-body lol

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah I have a friend that drives a STI and I beat him fairly easy. I have raced other Evo's and stuck it to them before but this one was different. Gotta give the guy props for the car.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Evos will not take our cars unless they are cammed or have a big turbo end of story, with both they can be really fast.

Yea they will. All Evo's need is a tune and a few other little things for them to get deep in the 12's, its easy and def doesnt take cams or a different turbo, search around there's plenty doing it, although they are much better from a dig than a role until they get more mods. There's no sham in getting beat by that car with you having bolt ons

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Not sure how much of a difference between the Evo and the STi are (2006 model year) but I do know the STi that lives down the street is already on my kill list. Close race but I still won. Mind you it wasn't from a dig, if it was he probably would have eaten me alive. The bitch is ever since then I've been doing nothing but appearance mods while he's been upgrading the exhaust and motor

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Evos from a roll are mean, and I wont lie im about to make my dd an 05 STI haha, Colorado and snow and awd cant beat it plus I have never drivin a car that holds the road better. But good death for a 4 banger thoes cars move pretty damn good !

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Not a bad race. I used to have a STi so I know about the Evo's also. Since it was only a evo 8 with TBE and cam a decent tune would put them around 300whp. Then you add a turbo to that (probably a 18g or 20g) and you have a fast evo. At least you didn't race off the line...
    18g isn't a turbo used on Evo's. I realize it's a Mitsubishi turbo but it spins the wrong direction to be an upgrade, and if you are forced to upgrade the manifold, everyone goes with something better then an 18g. The 20g's that you hear about for the Evo aren't a "true" 20g turbo, they're a custom compressor wheel in a stock turbo, with possibly an upgraded turbine wheel (I'm a little out of the loop).

He was probably running something close to a gt30r from the sounds of the race....possibly a 35r on pump gas. Mid 11 second car is no joke, especially considering he has the grip on the street.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    18g isn't a turbo used on Evo's. I realize it's a Mitsubishi turbo but it spins the wrong direction to be an upgrade, and if you are forced to upgrade the manifold, everyone goes with something better then an 18g. The 20g's that you hear about for the Evo aren't a "true" 20g turbo, they're a custom compressor wheel in a stock turbo, with possibly an upgraded turbine wheel (I'm a little out of the loop).

He was probably running something close to a gt30r from the sounds of the race....possibly a 35r on pump gas. Mid 11 second car is no joke, especially considering he has the grip on the street.
    I found out that this Evo was built right near me and is local so thats cool. It is an 11 second car without the spray.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post

Keeping tabs on us eh?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Stock evos from a roll are weak, a 3300lbs car making 220-230whp to the ground aint really doin much against a 3500lbs car with 340rwhp. But once you start with cams and supporting mods its a different story. Then add a huge turbo and you have a low 11 second street car. The only problem is msot of my friends who have had them get bored with them fast.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Stock evos from a roll are weak
    Are you kidding me 20lbs of boost out of the factory and they suck from a roll lmao....My friend has a pretty much stock 2006 evo and from a stop he got me out of the hole up till like 15 then I pulled him but from a 20 roll he took me by a car. Dig= low boost and turbo lag....Roll= High boost and no turbo lag do the math....

Thread Information