Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Cayenne Red Metalic
    1997 Chevy Camaro

Eagle talon killing everybody at the track

Alright so i hit the track the other day and the fastest car there was running 144 mph...a fucking eagle talon?????? It killed everybody...i was but hurt

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

So they took a car that had AWD gutted it out, slap a fart can muffler in it, remove the A/C make it as light as possible and drop some money into the motor huh

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

awd + massive turbo + $$$ + a little knowhow = rocketship.
    dsm's can be made quick by the right people. I got a buddy who insists on running 20 lbs of boost on his untuned talon, and gets fuel cutoff at 3 grand, but hey, who wants to spend 300 dollars for a tune so your car will work right, right?
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Imagine if they dumped that money into an F-body...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

gonna get about the same result. for about 5 grand my buddies got a 13 second car, aside from the fact he's too stupid to get it tuned. thats running about the same as a cheap ls1 fbody cost wise. reliability however.... ehhh i'd rather stick with my camaro.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I dont know, if you put the same amount of parts into a camaro and an import im sure the camaro would win

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

oh no doubt, i agree 100%. but the base starting price on a dsm kinda has an ls1 fbody beat, know what im sayin?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

THose DSM's can be made quick for not much coin. But as fwellington said It's not going to last very long at all. That one running 144 at the track either has a fast car that didn't cost him more than 10k but will not last another solid month. or he has 20+K and will hold up for a while. It's not har to make power on a FI car it is hard however to keep it running right.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Any DSM running that fast isn't long for this world. Something will always break or have to be replaced, you're always running on borrowed time with those cars.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Any DSM running that fast isn't long for this world. Something will always break or have to be replaced, you're always running on borrowed time with those cars.
    Not just any DSM, any car. I am sure many guys here have broke a thing or two on thier cars as well when they are trapping 144mph.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I don't know man a buddy of mine had a honda civic track car that lasted a long time until he wrecked it. but it was a 383 stroker with a 200 shot and rwd. does that count?

Its not really uncommon to find some DSMs at the track running REALLY fast. You can pick up a shell for under $1000 and to build them is quite cheap. If you are going to get one, you really need to start fresh though. The 1st generation ones are 13-17 years old now and pretty much everything needs to be replaced on them, especially if youre going to drag race it. They can be made strong, but you have to spend the coin and build it RIGHT. Some guy at Atco last week was in a 2g one and was running low 10s at 140+mph.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

You can always get a early 4th gen LT1 for pretty cheap as well and even more reliable.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

don't knock them.....respect the fact that they are/can be very fast cars if done right. in the 90's gm got on the wagon(and should again w/ a colorado) and made a killer little awd/turbo .....sy and the ty.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i agree..gotta respect any car trapping at 144mph..nasty!!!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

don't knock them.....respect the fact that they are/can be very fast cars if done right. in the 90's gm got on the wagon(and should again w/ a colorado) and made a killer little awd/turbo .....sy and the ty.

Yeah, never see anybody on here rippin' on those six-cylinder turbocharged rides, or the GNX and Grand National either. Some people need to have a little more respect for a well-built rig, regardless of the cylinder count. The only reason I won't buy an import is because the cash flows to the wrong countries, and I prefer to have a job! And the sound of eight pissed-off cylinders is sooooo addicting! I have A LARGE assortment of import and sport compact mags thrown in with my ridiculously big collection of performance magazines, not only to keep an eye on my competition but also because mod yourt 5.7-liter+ engine the same way that John Doe Import Geek modded his 2-liter DSM or 1.6-liter CRX or 3-liter Supra, 300ZX, or 3000GT, you'll make some significant power gains. I mean, if these guys can tune their 2.2-liter H22 swap to make 400+whp in some 1994 Accord, we should be able to make over 700 horsepower with the same mods!!!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

And for the Haters out there (not to mention any names... cough cough) but no I'm not just talking like that because I'm 21 and young and dumb and naive or whatever you want to say I've researched my position on everything I've said quite extensively. Just defending myself in advance 'cuz I can't check this every day anymore. No time!

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

2g's are so 2001

I respect anything that performs, even if I would rather not own one. Case in point, there was a dude at the track last week with a beat ass looking 89 Acura integra that was mid 12 's and a total sleeper. His buddy in the all motor civic (that they drove there mind you) running high 11's also make me a little more humble.

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    The only reason I won't buy an import is because the cash flows to the wrong countries, and I prefer to have a job! !!!
    Thats not a very good reason not to buy an import to be honest. Just about all the import cars like Toyota, Honda, Nissan are assembled in factories here in the U.S. which employs American citizens. Ironically, there are many GM plants in Canada and Mexico

You should buy a car because it has the features, peformance and looks you want.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Thats not a very good reason not to buy an import to be honest. Just about all the import cars like Toyota, Honda, Nissan are assembled in factories here in the U.S. which employs American citizens. Ironically, there are many GM plants in Canada and Mexico

You should buy a car because it has the features, peformance and looks you want.
    uh oh!!! no u didnt on a gm forum...LOL...all the texans are gonna jump yo ass now!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information