Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Dumbass Rousch Stang

On my way home from the track last night(working on a seperate post for that) a guy in a rousch stang comes flying by me and my buddy who has a 350z. I can tell this guy wants to play. So my buddy chases him down first and i get stuck behind 2 trucks for a minute but i see them race and it seemed pretty close. Then i get up to him and drop down to 4th and im tachin about 4k (no idea on the speed, im still on my a4 tune and my speedo said 30mph). Im ready to start honking and the guy just guns it so im like wtf and just go. By the time i was ready to hit 5th i was a half car ahead and pulling hard. I hit 5th and ended it with about 3 on him... then hear he comes with the flyby.. and he keeps going and going and going. THEN he slows back down to us and all 3 of us line up, i came up the middle and drop to 4th again, i signal 3 honks and right before i honked the first time he fucking took off again. I said fuck it, i already handed this guy his ass once after he jumped so i threw it in 6th but my buddy went said they were pretty much even to 140mph.

I wish i could have gotten a clean run at this guy to really hand him an ass whooping worse than i already gave him.
    99 TA-T56 swapped, Lid, TB Bypass, LS6 Intake, !EGR, !AIR, Custom Cam, Mids, O/R-Y, 3:73s, Cutout, Flowmaster.
    A4 numbers w/ mids only 320RWHP 333RWTQ
    Cam numbers and track times soon.

98 NBM Hardtop Formula- Bone stock, A4, 187,000 miles
    13.8@ 103 2.1 60' 1357 DA

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

nice kill

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Good kill man, I hate it when people dont wait, smart move on shifting to 6th and letting it go. He wouldnt of learned anything anyways lol

On the hiway i drop it down to 3rd most of the time, but 4k rpms moves pretty good too.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Thanks guys. But yeah if i would have downshifted into 3rd i would have been pretty much at redline and im still feeling all those points out. My speedo said 30 or so and i asked my friend how fast we were going and he said 70.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    On my way home from the track last night(working on a seperate post for that) a guy in a rousch stang comes flying by me and my buddy who has a 350z. I can tell this guy wants to play. So my buddy chases him down first and i get stuck behind 2 trucks for a minute but i see them race and it seemed pretty close. Then i get up to him and drop down to 4th and im tachin about 4k (no idea on the speed, im still on my a4 tune and my speedo said 30mph). Im ready to start honking and the guy just guns it so im like wtf and just go. By the time i was ready to hit 5th i was a half car ahead and pulling hard. I hit 5th and ended it with about 3 on him... then hear he comes with the flyby.. and he keeps going and going and going. THEN he slows back down to us and all 3 of us line up, i came up the middle and drop to 4th again, i signal 3 honks and right before i honked the first time he fucking took off again. I said fuck it, i already handed this guy his ass once after he jumped so i threw it in 6th but my buddy went said they were pretty much even to 140mph.

I wish i could have gotten a clean run at this guy to really hand him an ass whooping worse than i already gave him.

If it was an 05+ Roush and a stock 350 Z, or the Roush needs me driving it. Anyways, nice kill to you.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    If it was an 05+ Roush and a stock 350 Z, or the Roush needs me driving it. Anyways, nice kill to you.
    Not sure on what mods but i know the Z isnt stock.I was back from both races but they looked close with the stang winning both times against the Z

Thanks!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

+1 on that, even a modded out 350z unless turbo or SS isn't going to be a close race at all for a roush. I think most of those roush mustangs and pretty damn good looking and sound pretty stout.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

depending on year and and if it just a stage 1 or stage 2 its just some appearance and alight exhaust modifications, a stock camro can beat them and a lightly modded 350 should be fairly close. but yes what year roughly was it?

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    depending on year and and if it just a stage 1 or stage 2 its just some appearance and alight exhaust modifications, a stock camro can beat them and a lightly modded 350 should be fairly close. but yes what year roughly was it?
    Yeah, if the 350Z was modded and it was a Stage one Roush 05+, It's possible depending on the mods of the Z. A Stock Camaro would beat both on a roll, but in the 1/4, the Roush should run really strong against the Camaro with a real driver cuz it has 30 more ponies than a GT, or at least that's what A Roush guy told me.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Yeah, if the 350Z was modded and it was a Stage one Roush 05+, It's possible depending on the mods of the Z. A Stock Camaro would beat both on a roll, but in the 1/4, the Roush should run really strong against the Camaro with a real driver cuz it has 30 more ponies than a GT, or at least that's what A Roush guy told me.
    stage one is all appearance i thought?
    meaning... somehow there is a 30hp gain from addin a body kit and decals?
    hahaha

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    hahaha
    decals=10 rwhp
    bodykit=100 rwhp

SOM
    99 Trans Am

It was 05+ but the exhaust on it was pretty loud so i think he had some work done to it..

The Z runs low 13s and i couldnt see that stang running much faster than a 13

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

it would have to be a stage 2 then exhaust work after the manifolds(louder thats about it) and an intake, they can claim 30 extra but its more like 10-15 if there lucky. regardless nice kill.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    hahaha
    They have so many Roushes and stuff, I don't even know any more. I thought the stage one had some type of exhaust that free'd some power. The dealer mentioned that, but you know how they can be

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    It was 05+ but the exhaust on it was pretty loud so i think he had some work done to it..

The Z runs low 13s and i couldnt see that stang running much faster than a 13
    Well, then that's about right then, if he runs low 13's. BS flag cancelled. I just couldn't go without throwing the penalty flag if the 350 was stock.

Thread Information