Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Discuss: Mach1 vs Z28

Seeing as the Kill Stories haven't really been coming in lately... I got a topic for you guys to discuss... it's been done ALOT... I know... but I guess this one will be a bit difrent.

03 Mach1 Mustang, M5

-Intake, X-pipe (soon STC Tunner), with some good 555 Nitto's.

99 Z28 Camaro, A4 (3.23)

-SLP Lid w. KN, !Cats, FreeMods(some), with some crappy no grip tires.
    -Eibach Pro-Kit (w. Monroes...I know kill me later), UMI panhard...(still no LCA brakets)

So, what's do ya guys think?

I should be in low-mid 13's with good tires, ran 13.8 stock... he has never taken his car out to the track and doesn't know how to properly launch it, seeing as this race will probably happen in the streets it should be from a Roll...

Enjoy Discussing

10's N/A

This one is pretty much in the air. If you were an M6, i'd say LS1 all the way, judging by past match-up's ive seen between the two in stock form. M6 LS1's almost always trap higher than M5 Mach's as well as put down a little more on the dyno. My fellow car club members '01 WS6 wen't 13.4@107.5 stock to his brothers '04 M5 Mach 1's 13.5@103.7. The Mach one launched on him pretty hard - he pulled considerably stronger up top though. Considering with your mods and you being an A4, it should be a pretty good race. I'd suggest getting some tires first as your gonna need 'em
    Last edited by N20LT4; 10-08-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

yeah, I still got my old Kuhmos... I would just have to get some rims to mount them on... those tires gave me consisten Sub 2sec 60ft times... once even got a 1.6sec... wich I think was just a freak accident or something... but the thing just gripped like hell and pulled me back like never before

10's N/A

I'm suggesting them because Mach 1's have a great balance of power and gearing. They get off the line very quick and are not difficult to launch. If he pulls out of the whole, it might be a problem.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I'm suggesting them because Mach 1's have a great balance of power and gearing. They get off the line very quick and are not difficult to launch. If he pulls out of the whole, it might be a problem.
    oh ok... well he's not that good of a driver, and he just found out that T/C kinda limits the power output a bit...oh and um... he's a solid 240lbs (not that it would really matter though)

my car is light-ish for a LS1...no T-Tops and such... but they are still very equal in weight

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Drivers race in my opinion.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

M6 LS1s definately have more power and typically a better mph. Mach 1s have better gearing (mainly in 1st & 2nd), which gives them the edge on the first part of the track, so its a pretty close race (from a dig) for anything up to a 1/4 mile.

A4s don't have the good top end of the M6, but typically launch better, and are certainly easier to drive, thus taking a huge variable out of the picture.

Close race, assuming the stick driver has a clue on how to row the gears.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    M6 LS1s definately have more power and typically a better mph. Mach 1s have better gearing (mainly in 1st & 2nd), which gives them the edge on the first part of the track, so its a pretty close race (from a dig) for anything up to a 1/4 mile.

A4s don't have the good top end of the M6, but typically launch better, and are certainly easier to drive, thus taking a huge variable out of the picture.

Close race, assuming the stick driver has a clue on how to row the gears.
    he shifts pretty well...but not what I would call fast...

I tend to manually shift my car... just cause it actually helped my car go 2 tenths faster from 14 flat to 13.8... (stock) so I could still over-rev and mess up...(happened before, I know I should jump off a cliff or something)

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Drivers race in my opinion.
    werd

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

I have a stock M6 LS1...and I raced a stock M5 Mach 1 the other day..I put about a car and a half on him from a dig...that oughtta help you out

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Still say drivers race

Just curious what are you trapping? Should be a drivers race like everyone said..

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by DE98TA View Post
    Just curious what are you trapping? Should be a drivers race like everyone said..
    last time down the track with a 2.2sec 60ft...I trapped 102mph spinning through the 60...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i say drivers. i ran one from a roll the day i put my LT's on, he was M5 which are way better than the autos and i put 2-2.5 maybe 3 cars on him. but i am a M6

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    last time down the track with a 2.2sec 60ft...I trapped 102mph spinning through the 60...
    I think you'd be much happier with your car if you stalled it. Of course it looks like you'll need better tires. The Vigilante REALLY woke up my '01, and made it alot more fun to drive. I've outgrown the tire-frying phase, but feathering the throttle on these radials still makes for a pretty decent 60-foot on the street. Since I added the Vigilante, I've run three guys I know with M6s. They all beat me,( barely in the case of the Camaros), but they had to play "catch-up", and they were all modded more than me. The two Camaros had 3.73s, and identical mods, and the T/A had 4.10s, while I'm still saddled with the 2.73s. If I had the 3.73s, I would have easily taken down the Camaros, and given the more heavily modded T/A more trouble. I think I may add the 3.73s just to have more fun with the car for now, but not mod it any more because I plan to trade it for a Vette in the spring.....an A4 Vette. A properly-built auto is very tough in the quarter.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I cant wait till I finally get a job that pays well... (got a few interviews this week)... then I can actually afford to do all that moddin, instead or just scraping by... my diff. is starting to make clunking noises on almost dead stop turns...I don't think that's a good sign...

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I cant wait till I finally get a job that pays well... (got a few interviews this week)... then I can actually afford to do all that moddin, instead or just scraping by... my diff. is starting to make clunking noises on almost dead stop turns...I don't think that's a good sign...
    Ouch. That being the case, making the car hook better probably wouldn't be a good idea at this point. It's really too bad, because the 10-bolt usually lives longer behind the A4s. I had a '93 Z28 with the LT4 heads, cam, and intake, and all the other bolt-ons, plus a Turbo Technology single turbo kit. At 5 1/2 PSI it laid just under 480 pounds torque to the wheels. The 10 bolt was untouched, right down to the factory 2.73s, and I never had any problems with it. I never ran it at the track with slicks, but I always ran pretty sticky street rubber on it. I don't believe it would have held up as well behind that motor and a M6. Good luck with your project.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

So... to update when this race will actually happen... my friend was in a fender bender a few weeks ago and today he goes in for the Insurance apraisal... now, over here if you don't have private insurance you can still get what would be translated as... "Compulsory Insurance" where if you crash and it's the other persons fault...YOU get paid! ... ofcourse it's not as good as Private Insurance, but it does pay you something... so depending on what happens there we'll know when it will happen.

if it turns out it was HIS fault, then he gets nothing and the $1K in repairs will come out of his pocket...this meaning it wont happen for a long time... now it wasn't a bad shunt and the car is prefecly drivable so he might just not care and still run it... but I'm pretty sure he wont want to do it until it's nice and fixed...

Unfortunetly that will give him MORE time to be able to get that SCT Tunner and get the optimum out of his Mods... we ARE gonna dyno before actually racing so I'll keep you guys informed

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its gonna be what everyone says, drivers race, those are the cobra motor with a high comp ratio and better intake. With mods and a good driver that could be a low 13 second car. Possibly high 12s wit ha great driver.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    I have a stock M6 LS1...and I raced a stock M5 Mach 1 the other day..I put about a car and a half on him from a dig...that oughtta help you out
    Practice on your driving skills a little bit. You should have gotten 'em by more than that - no pun intended

Thread Information