Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    1998 Z28

Angry Disappointed...:(

So I am a converted Ford fan. Just bought the Z couple of weeks ago and was eager to see what she could do. Based on the kill stories in this section I was extremely confident in the power of an LS1 F-Body.
    A buddy of mine has 200? 335i Twin Turbo. He talked so much crap for a week that I finally relented and said lets go...He slaughtered me from a roll up to 120 a bus length. From a dig up to 120 about 5 cars. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my car?
    Thanks
    Thorny

99' 30th Ann TA

not sure what kind of mods you have, but you can't under estimate those 335i's... They can hold their own...

White
    1998 Z28

The only mods I have are true duals and a lid...but jeez, all of the cars on here keeping up with AMG's, Cobras, etc etc...I couldn't believe it. The thing just freakin ate me...didnt like the taste and spit me out.

99' 30th Ann TA

he shouldn't have raped you... I would possibly give the slight edge to him stock vs. stock... possibly... but unless he's done something then it shouldn't have been 'that' bad...

White
    1998 Z28

Wish to say he had not...He is stock; I know that for a fact because it is a lease. Now I may be straying from the topic of this forum, however I brought her home and decided to tune her up. Cracked the pumpkin and there was maybe 1/2 a quart in there...plus the fuel filter was pretty clogged. I am tackling the plugs and wires tomorrow.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well those cars with just a chip are pretty fast. In order to keep up with the AMG your gonna need LT's with a good tune on top of the mods you have and even then its not for sure. Dont be fooled there are plenty of 335's out there that are tuned and you wouldnt know it at all. Stock they pull good rwhp numbers as well usually above 275rwhp they were underated from the factory. I wouldnt be disappointed, 335 is a fast car my 2001 Vert M3 6 speed went up against one, the only thing he had done to his 335 was take off the hoses from his waistegate is what i was told not sure what it means and what it does exactly and i easily pulled on him with 310rwhp. On the other hand LS1 cars should be atleast there especially with the couple of mods you have.

White
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well those cars with just a chip are pretty fast. In order to keep up with the AMG your gonna need LT's with a good tune on top of the mods you have and even then its not for sure. Dont be fooled there are plenty of 335's out there that are tuned and you wouldnt know it at all. Stock they pull good rwhp numbers as well usually above 275rwhp they were underated from the factory. I wouldnt be disappointed, 335 is a fast car my 2001 Vert M3 6 speed went up against one, the only thing he had done to his 335 was take off the hoses from his waistegate is what i was told not sure what it means and what it does exactly and i easily pulled on him with 310rwhp. On the other hand LS1 cars should be atleast there especially with the couple of mods you have.
    Sorry to say but I am disappointed. A lot of BMW owners are jackoffs to begin with, now I have to hear his trash talking...Nothing I can do for now except grin and bear it. I gave him props...In typical douchebag fashion he brings up the "kill" every chance he gets. I will post up some ?s I have about the car in general ina nother forum.

Oh and according to this thread
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...&highlight=335
    Except for a couple people saying they were either beat or tied...the majority said they smoked it....makes no sense to me.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

WOW..... I rape my moms BMW on the high way and its the same model and its completely stock. I dunno how you lost.......

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

those 335's with a tune and maxed out turbo are capable of over 400 whp.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Is your car an A4 or M6?

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by thorny View Post
    I ...but jeez, all of the cars on here keeping up with AMG's, Cobras, etc etc...I couldn't believe it.
    Just keep in mind a lot of the stories on here are just that, stories

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

How many miles? Finish your tune up. plugs/wires, clean your maf.

Sorry, I didn't read if it was from a dig or roll. How long did it take you to get traction?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

do the tune up and try again

how is your rubber?i know if my tires are even slightly bald i can have a hard time finding traction no matter how fast or what gear

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

you should practice before you go out and race people, get used to the car, find the best way race. I bet you have a stock a4, which are not the best from a roll, esp if the roll was in a dead spot in your powerband.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Yeah, if your car is a stock A4, you're going to have a lot of dead spots in your powerband....which will really hurt your performance when street racing. One of the best mods you can do to an A4 is put a higher stall torque converter in your transmission. This will greatly improve your acceleration and will take out those dead spots in the powerband. IMPORTANT: If you put a stall in, make sure that you add a transmission cooler!!!!!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Those can be made pretty quick. I ran one at the track, he had a chip and I was running 13.8 to his 13.7, keep in mind you have to do the altitude math and knock off a sec to the times at sea level. He must have been modded pretty well to pull you like that though. Dont get down on yourself you will win more then you lose.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Dont get down on yourself you will win more then you lose.
    very very true

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    very very true
    +2!

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Just keep in mind a lot of the stories on here are just that, stories
    Bingo!!!!

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Nitto DR's are only $179 apiece at discount tire co... Sounds like you need a set anyway, so go get the nitto's instead of whatever you were running before. Since I was running Eagle F1's before, I saved over $100/tire by switching to DR's LOL. Now that you won't spin anymore, you'll win just damn near every race you get into - but be sure to keep your engine running well.

Thread Information