Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Cobalt SS vs. Camaro SS

This happened a while ago, but I just remembered it. Pretty funny story.

My buddy and I were hanging out at my apartment. We decided to go a town over to our usual hangout; a little diner.

He drove his '06 Cobalt SS. In good shape, completely stock, like 20k miles.

I drove my 2000 Camaro SS, stock.

It was probably like 9:30 pm, but there was a little bit of traffic. At every stop light on the way there, whether he was in front of me or behind me, he would be sticking his head out of his window yelling "Fuck you! Fuck you!" It freaked the hell out of the surrounding drivers, and my revving of engine did not help calm them down. So we end up at a light under an overpass, side by side (finally). Light's red, I look over and I say I'm going, and he says okay. I flip off my ASR.

The light turned green and "Errrrrrrrrr!" Tires spin, little bit of smoke. His lane would eventually end so I get over. I beat the fuck out of him off the line. I don't go over 50 in a 45 and I'm cruising 45 when I see these headlights changing lane, coming up on me fast. First I thought it was some fucker messing with me, then I see the headlight arrangement, and knew it was a Crown Vic. So I get back into the right-hand lane, and he lights up; right behind me. I turn at the next street and pull over. My friend escaped. I turn off my car, turn on my interior lights, put my keys on my dash, and put my hands on the steering wheel.

He walks up, after looking at my car. Here is the dialogue.

-Do you know why I pulled you over?

-Uh, well, I'm not exactly sure.

-Oh. Well do you know what drag racing is considered in the state of Illinois?

-Uh, wreckless driving?

-That's right. We have to impound your car and take you in. Did you know the guy you were racing?

-Uhhhhhh...

-Well did you know him or not?

-Uh, yeah, but I don't know if he'd say the same.

-Oh, well we're going to find out, I radio'd an officer ahead to pull over a silver Cobalt. What the hell were you thinking? It's 9:30 at night.

-I swear officer I wasn't going to go over 50.

-Well I heard you guys yelling and revving your engines since the Chase bank in Glen Ellyn.

(That was like 5 miles back)

-You were following us for that long?!

-Yeah. I'm going give you a warning.

The guy was obviously into cars because he kept ogling my SS.

-Really, just a warning? Ok.

-Yeah, but if I see you out here hot-dogging again then it's over.

-Alright Officer, thank you so much.

So I get back on the road and I call my buddy. He's freaking the fuck out. He made it home by taking side streets. We met up at the restaurant and I showed him the warning. The warning listed: illegal lane use X, speeding X, other X screeching tires. So since I was incredibly grateful, as was my friend, we called the officers voicemail and told him what a great job he did.

The cop really did do a great job, waiting for me to make a complete ass of myself before pulling me over.

hugger orange

classic man classic lol we need more cops out there like that......scare the hell of us to get us thinking strait again and leave it at that

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    classic man classic lol we need more cops out there like that......scare the hell of us to get us thinking strait again and leave it at that
    Yeah. I thought I was fucked. I've been pulled over five times in my car, and never gotten a ticket. I got one in my brother's Dodge Caliber though once (wtf).

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    Yeah. I thought I was fucked. I've been pulled over five times in my car, and never gotten a ticket. I got one in my brother's Dodge Caliber though once (wtf).
    Lol, yup. No ticket in my old Camaro, no Ticket in the T/A, but got a ticket in my dad's Monte Carlo.

Had a cop race me once when I had the Camaro (thread should still be in this section somewhere)

Been pulled twice in the T/A. (bored sheriff wanted to check my window tint..)

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Lol, yup. No ticket in my old Camaro, no Ticket in the T/A, but got a ticket in my dad's Monte Carlo.

Had a cop race me once when I had the Camaro (thread should still be in this section somewhere)

Been pulled twice in the T/A. (bored sheriff wanted to check my window tint..)
    Illinois cops hate window tinting.

hugger orange

Illinois cops hate window tinting.
    I got "pulled over" one time while I was pumping gas.....headlight covers, tail light covers and tinted windows......gotta love Maryland

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

I got "pulled over" one time while I was pumping gas.....headlight covers, tail light covers and tinted windows......gotta love Maryland
    I've met a lot of cool cops. I've also met a bunch of fucking tool cops.

hugger orange

I've met a lot of cool cops. I've also met a bunch of fucking tool cops.
    true, I've met and know both types

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

true, I've met and know both types
    I'm pretty sure I've me every Lombard, IL cop. On bad terms. They all like me though haha.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

yea i usually run into the crappy cops... you got lucky lol
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Black
    2002/Z06

Its good to know there are still a few good ones.. cause I have a few tickets that say otherwise..haha

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by b'sws6 View Post
    Its good to know there are still a few good ones.. cause I have a few tickets that say otherwise..haha
    Hahahaha. Yeah. Just say "yes sir, no sir" and the little formula I have above tends to work somehow; ie the turn on interior lights, turn off exterior, put keys on dash or roof, both hands on steering wheel. Complete submission.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Hahahaha. Yeah. Just say "yes sir, no sir" and the little formula I have above tends to work somehow; ie the turn on interior lights, turn off exterior, put keys on dash or roof, both hands on steering wheel. Complete submission.
    yea i usaully just turn the car off, all the ext. lights off and the hazards on, dome light on and hang my hand out the window with my ins. and drivers license before he gets there, just makes there job alittle easier when they see you have alittle respect, but then again sometimes it dont even help, just depends on the coppa

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

where in IL did this go down at?

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    where in IL did this go down at?
    Hahaha. If you know where this is, then I will welcome you calling me a retard. Roosevelt road, heading east from Glen Ellyn to Lombard. Right under I think 294.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I got pulled over once in my truck, he was a dick, got my for speed, 2 or 3 over, not yeilding an officer. he was pulled over, but didnt have someone stopped, and was on the other side of 4 lanes and a center median, but he still says i should have slowed to 35. and my inspection, registration, and insurance, expired 4 days prior. 5 tickets in one stop, good thing the judge is a friend of the family.

got pulled over once once in my buick 66 in a 65, lol, it was a drunk check, he saw i was sober, sent me home.

times in the Camaro, first for burnt headlight, no ticket, second was speeding, 10 over in a construction zone, got a ticket, 3rd time burnt headlight, no ticket, 4th no front plate, no ticket, 5th was for doing 10 over, and no front plate, no ticket

those last 3 stops were all in february, lol

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I got pulled over once in my truck, he was a dick, got my for speed, 2 or 3 over, not yeilding an officer. he was pulled over, but didnt have someone stopped, and was on the other side of 4 lanes and a center median, but he still says i should have slowed to 35. and my inspection, registration, and insurance, expired 4 days prior. 5 tickets in one stop, good thing the judge is a friend of the family.

got pulled over once once in my buick 66 in a 65, lol, it was a drunk check, he saw i was sober, sent me home.

times in the Camaro, first for burnt headlight, no ticket, second was speeding, 10 over in a construction zone, got a ticket, 3rd time burnt headlight, no ticket, 4th no front plate, no ticket, 5th was for doing 10 over, and no front plate, no ticket

those last 3 stops were all in february, lol

First time, my brother's Dodge Caliber. Doing 90 in a 55.

Second time, my IROC. Sheriff said it was too loud. I said "no officer it's completely stock I swear." He must have gotten another call because he ran up and said for me to not do anything stupid, and left. Two days prior I had put straight pipes on it.

Third time, IROC. I had been speeding up and down mine and my roomates street everytime I came and went, and the neighbors hated me. On the day I wasn't speeding the sheriff was there and pulled me over. Gave me all kinds of shit, but I was just like, "so what did I do officer?"

Fourth time, Camaro SS. The story mentioned.

Fifth time, I was leaving my ex's house, flipped off my ASR and headed around a corner fast enough to make the tires squeak. Across the intersection I could see Crown Vic headlights. He pulled me over after he ran my plate. He thought I was drunk but when he saw that I wasn't he let me go.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

dude, you gotta start recognzing that Crown Vic front end...i can spot it and/or a light bar a mile away

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Hahaha. If you know where this is, then I will welcome you calling me a retard. Roosevelt road, heading east from Glen Ellyn to Lombard. Right under I think 294.
    thats a haul from e ville, you going to school up that way or something?

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    thats a haul from e ville, you going to school up that way or something?
    Nah I just moved down here actually.

Thread Information