Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    99 Z28

Cobalt SS?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

.......So there I was enjoying a refreshing beverage on the way to work(driving down the highway) one Thursday morning when along comes this young guy in this silver cobalt. He lookes over at me, so I threw up the peace sign. OH not this kid.... he had something to prove with his blown 4 banger; he punched it and all I heard was an annoying coffee can resonant sound so I floored my baby and pulled past his ass and got in front of him...I kept going till about 135 just to prove he wasnt going to catch up. I had him by at least 4-5 cars. Later I came home and noticed that this guy was supposedly one of the top street racers in my city, and that he had stage 2 work done by GM along with some other mods. Word to the wise kid..BLOW THIS! <maniacal laugh> Pathetic..Im stock

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

His car at with a good driver would be 13s with that stage 2 kit AT BEST

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

lol noob ass 4 banger drivers

red
    1999 Trans am

I should visit Memphis.
    FYI. The regular SS cobalt is not a big jump in speed when they step up to stage two. but I still like Cobalts.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

red
    1999 Trans am

That a way to blow his ass out of the water.

black
    99 Z28

oh this guy was nothing; actually we have some pretty fast cars(most of them are F-Bodies) around here you should come down. This guy seemed like a tool. I was tryin to be cool w/ him but you know how some people just have something to prove.......he proved he wasted his money on a slow car that day. I enjoyed the lesson.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

mike from new era runs 13.7 at 107 in his colbolt ss....bout as fast as a stock ls1....pretty quick......he also has a turbo ls1 pushin 600 though.lol

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Hey at least it's american made rice Gm had to make something to compete with the rest of them. They are actually ditching the supercharger and going turbo next year and horsepower should be up in the 265 range from 205. That segment of the market is so popular with the youngsters gm had to respond or else they would miss out on the piece of the pie. I would rather have one of those than the other offerings at least it's GM! I'm totally a v8 guy but am educated and experienced with supercharger and turbo set ups, but way to put that young punk in his place. I wish the younger guys these days weren't so into rice. I've grown to accept the guys that have fast tuned imports over time and are cool and humble and actually turned a few wrenches and know what they have, but it's the fast and the furious watching wanna be's that have no clue that pisses me off. But to each his own I guess, there are some fast 4 bangers running around these days though, I guess if you have enough money almost anything can be fast.

black
    99 Z28

yeah if you have enough money anything can be made fast. Ive seen some fast 4 bangers and rode in one of em. I saw a 240SX whip a Z06. It was an SR20DET. They run 12s easily. I use to have one. I just like American muscle more. I also use to have a Dodge Charger....I miss that car! Just remember ....Spray to keep those pesky ricers away

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Hey at least it's american made rice Gm had to make something to compete with the rest of them. They are actually ditching the supercharger and going turbo next year and horsepower should be up in the 265 range from 205. That segment of the market is so popular with the youngsters gm had to respond or else they would miss out on the piece of the pie. I would rather have one of those than the other offerings at least it's GM! I'm totally a v8 guy but am educated and experienced with supercharger and turbo set ups, but way to put that young punk in his place. I wish the younger guys these days weren't so into rice. I've grown to accept the guys that have fast tuned imports over time and are cool and humble and actually turned a few wrenches and know what they have, but it's the fast and the furious watching wanna be's that have no clue that pisses me off. But to each his own I guess, there are some fast 4 bangers running around these days though, I guess if you have enough money almost anything can be fast.
    Well said...at least it's American!!!!! And you're right.....with enough money you can make anything fast......was just reading an article last night about the new ecotech motors for next year......great little platform to build on.....I guarantee I could build one that would whip a stock LS1.......any takers...lol

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I like those SS cobalts. They just need a whole different aftermarket turbo instead of the stock SC to really be fast.

If a Colbalt SS w/Stage2 is one of the "top street racers in the city" then youre city needs some more fast cars!

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    His car at with a good driver would be 13s with that stage 2 kit AT BEST
    Woot it runs a 1/4 like a SRT-4.... Bleh, lets hit a track and see what happens. If I wanted a 1/4 mile car, I would build a Supra, 3000 GT, or 300Z TT.

And one of the best street racers in your area... Doesn't say much for mechanical ability of people there... Around here I run into heavily built turbo'd Preludes, Civics, 300z, 350z, WRX STI's built beyond, built Lancers, 600+ rwhp fbodies all over!

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    If a Colbalt SS w/Stage2 is one of the "top street racers in the city" then youre city needs some more fast cars!
    I saw one absolutley whip an Evo so I'm not sure I'd be calling it slow.....if you've got the money you can make it go fast..........look at the one GM rolled out to compete in one of those street car events.....can't remember what it was called but it was on Speed Channel.......it Killed the ricers!!!!! Handeling and Horsepower......

I'd like to think my car is fast but I know there is always someone else out there that is faster........

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by nikos95 View Post
    Woot it runs a 1/4 like a SRT-4.... Bleh, lets hit a track and see what happens. If I wanted a 1/4 mile car, I would build a Supra, 3000 GT, or 300Z TT.

And one of the best street racers in your area... Doesn't say much for mechanical ability of people there... Around here I run into heavily built turbo'd Preludes, Civics, 300z, 350z, WRX STI's built beyond, built Lancers, 600+ rwhp fbodies all over!
    My car also handles well for a FWD

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    we have way faster cars than that...i was merely showing the ignorance of this guy. We have some fast stuff..come down and see for yourself!
    bottom line>>> stock LS1 VS. Stock rice, turboed 4, whatever is always going to come out on top. $ to power ratio thumbs up for LS1.
    Stock Z low miles great condition................$12K-15K
    4 banger(we'll use Evo for example since it is a good one).....$30K and unless you modify it =a little less power(even though it it a bad ass machine)
    Simple mathematics shows me= buy the more powerful car you dont even have to modify for quick and easy reliable fun on the street
    Plus most imports have a lot of down time.
    a college student, single father, full time worker like myself...I wanna drive, not walk.
    When I have my career set out and start makin the $, well then the possibilities are ENDLESS! For most people, it really just comes down to what YOU want to drive, and sometimes what you can afford to drive.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629 View Post
    we have way faster cars than that...i was merely showing the ignorance of this guy. We have some fast stuff..come down and see for yourself!
    bottom line>>> stock LS1 VS. Stock rice, turboed 4, whatever is always going to come out on top. $ to power ratio thumbs up for LS1.
    Stock Z low miles great condition................$12K-15K
    4 banger(we'll use Evo for example since it is a good one).....$30K and unless you modify it =a little less power(even though it it a bad ass machine)
    Simple mathematics shows me= buy the more powerful car you dont even have to modify for quick and easy reliable fun on the street
    Plus most imports have a lot of down time.
    a college student, single father, full time worker like myself...I wanna drive, not walk.
    When I have my career set out and start makin the $, well then the possibilities are ENDLESS! For most people, it really just comes down to what YOU want to drive, and sometimes what you can afford to drive.
    Not that I disagree with the result of your reasoning, because I don't. But do you think it is fair to comapre a used ls1 to a new 4 banger?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    mike from new era runs 13.7 at 107 in his colbolt ss....bout as fast as a stock ls1....pretty quick......he also has a turbo ls1 pushin 600 though.lol

my stock ls1 ran 12.9

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

Ewww FWD sucks. My eclipse was a quick highway car but in the quarter its a dog. Couldnt get below 14.1 runnin 105's. The thing could pull away from a ol fox body that ran 12.9's on the highway. Anyway..... kinda off topic

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

as i said ABOUT as fast ...look at his trap..he was spinning like crazy off the line...from a roll def about as fast...12.9 is about the best a stock ls1 can do......that was his first time out with the car :-P ...go look in the drag racing forum at ppls times first time out

Thread Information