06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Cobalt SS disapoints me.........

I got on interstate and noticed a black Cobalt SS come flying on the onramp..........so of course i slow down and notice he doesnt wanna race.....he just wants to do a ricer fly-by on me.......so i put it in 3rd and let him get up to about 2 cars from me and i nail it. He never got in front and i had him by a car or so from 60-110. I wouldnt think a Domestic owner would try a ricer fly-by but i guess you learn something new everyday! He had at least an exhaust on it casue i could almost hear it over mine! Then we raced again from a 3rd gear roll and well i had him by 3+ to 110

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

have you ever raced a LS1, how fast is your car?

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yea scroll down the Kill page a lil and you will see some of the Ls1s ive raced. I went 13.3@105 before my throttle body, Hot-side hard pipe(2+lbs of boost=40+hp) MSD wires, and Iridium plugs. So im guessing im trapping about 109ish maybe

black
    2000 Z28 (sold)

Well, being that the Cobalt is rated at 205 hp. I would hope you beat him.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I dunno i heard those Stage 2 cobalts with the computer and pulley are pretty stoute
    Last edited by Stone; 12-27-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    2006 PBM GTO~458WHP 419TRQ~SOLD
    2006 TR M6 GTO~457WHP 407TRQ(Tuned by Mike@Thunder Racing)
    VRX5 Cam,Pacesetter LTs(No Cats),Magnaflow Catback,Ported FAST 92,Ported TB,Billet Pro,SLP UDP,Monster Stage 3,18lb flywheel,Volant CAI,NGK TR55s,Powerslot Rotors,Zo6 Pads,Patriot Golds, Staggered 18" VMR V701s, BFG KDWs, Headlight Armor,Grafxwerks,Painted OEM SAP Grilles and rear valence,West Coast Speeds AUX Input

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

yeah the little cobalts can get really stout.
    With stage 2 a cold air intake and what else i forget he dynoed 253hp to the wheel.
    I drove it around a few times and stomped all over mustangs in the car. He has had a few other things done after the dyno and the car was unbelievably strong, i even beat a few srt-4's. All except one had bov, i think that was it they were pretty much stock.

The little supercharged ecotec has some potential. I used to bash his car, but the thing is quick.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I should dyno around 290 to the wheels now.........untuned

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    cobalt ss' are pretty quick modded....and are very underated

teal

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    cobalt ss' are pretty quick modded....and are very underated
    they are very underrated.
    The srt-4 and the cobalt really do dominate a majority of the imports.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    they are very underrated.
    The srt-4 and the cobalt really do dominate a majority of the imports.
    But one of my close friends has a civic that 98% of people would get smoked by. Fully sleaved B16C (now 2.0) liter thats running 9.50s@145ish. But those are few and far between!! You gotta watch out for some of them though!

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    But one of my close friends has a civic that 98% of people would get smoked by. Fully sleaved B16C (now 2.0) liter thats running 9.50s@145ish. But those are few and far between!! You gotta watch out for some of them though!
    How reliable is it?

I am a noob when it comes to the Cobalt. Ive never been sure if I didnt mind the look of it. Is the interior ok or is it shot to shit?

teal

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    How reliable is it?

I am a noob when it comes to the Cobalt. Ive never been sure if I didnt mind the look of it. Is the interior ok or is it shot to shit?
    i have a buddy also who has a gutted hatch back than can beat even me. But that car has more problems than anything else.

The cobalt is good on gas mileage. The interior is not the greatest little things here and there will come off, but the seats are awesome, that is if you have the recaros. Once you start pushing more power the drivtrain becomes questionable, and the stock clutch sucks balls. Still once you get past it's quircks it is a fun car to drive..........especially once you get the cold air on it....the whine of that little supercharger
    The cobalt still needs a little bit of refinement.
    I've seen more people have problems with cobalts than with cert-4's......certs are definitley more reliable.

i have a buddy also who has a gutted hatch back than can beat even me. But that car has more problems than anything else.

The cobalt is good on gas mileage. The interior is not the greatest little things here and there will come off, but the seats are awesome, that is if you have the recaros. Once you start pushing more power the drivtrain becomes questionable, and the stock clutch sucks balls. Still once you get past it's quircks it is a fun car to drive..........especially once you get the cold air on it....the whine of that little supercharger
    The cobalt still needs a little bit of refinement.
    I've seen more people have problems with cobalts than with cert-4's......certs are definitley more reliable.
    really? i never heard anyone having problems with them...
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

teal

really? i never heard anyone having problems with them...
    seriously, they snap axels like crazy, the drive train is really weak, i know of three cobalts alone in san diego, plus my buddy blew his engine, and he was not even reving it he was just cruisin. Luckily he had only the gm stages done at the time so the warranty covered his engine, but not a new supercharger.........supercharger was fine. Like i also said earlier the clutches are crap.

So far from what i have seen, but all cars have quirks........it all depends on the drivers too, no doubt though.....the cobalt can sure take a beating.
    I've seen a couple guys just flogging the shit out of them with no prob and still no prob.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

He has had his car for nearly 4 years and has only had 2 motors in it!! He blew it up last month for the first time and went 11.00@128. Now he fully stroked and sleaved it. Get 18-22MPG. I only get about 13-16MPG but my car isnt tuned yet.

seriously, they snap axels like crazy, the drive train is really weak, i know of three cobalts alone in san diego, plus my buddy blew his engine, and he was not even reving it he was just cruisin. Luckily he had only the gm stages done at the time so the warranty covered his engine, but not a new supercharger.........supercharger was fine. Like i also said earlier the clutches are crap.

So far from what i have seen, but all cars have quirks........it all depends on the drivers too, no doubt though.....the cobalt can sure take a beating.
    I've seen a couple guys just flogging the shit out of them with no prob and still no prob.
    lol, gm making a weak drivetrain??...never,lol...huh, never knew those cobalts had problems....
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    He has had his car for nearly 4 years and has only had 2 motors in it!! He blew it up last month for the first time and went 11.00@128. Now he fully stroked and sleaved it. Get 18-22MPG. I only get about 13-16MPG but my car isnt tuned yet.
    a cobalt ss ran a 11 flat???!!!!!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

lol, gm making a weak drivetrain??...never,lol...huh, never knew those cobalts had problems....

a cobalt ss ran a 11 flat???!!!!!
    No this is a civic coupe im talking about

Thread Information