Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Challenger Death

So this SRT-8 was weaving in and out of traffic to get a piece of me today and eventually we caught a light, I launched pretty good and kept half a car on him for most of what seemed like a 1/4 mile and then he pulled on me on the top end and was a car ahead of me when I let off due to traffic. IMHO if this was a track race I still would have lost, I at least hung with him and was ahead,(not by more than half a car or more due to his shifting abilities a car), up until the end. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy but we exchanged a thumbs up. I'm sure some one will ask so my mods are only a Hooker Catback, Lid, and a tune. Right now the Car puts down 326 rwhp, and 346 rwtq. So I'm sure some of you are wondering why I even bothered to post this, well I'm humble enough to admit when I've been beat, but also I'll ask If gears and possibly a higher stall would prevent future embarrassment. Anyways, the other driver was pretty cool and I even seen him further down the road about an hour afterwards and we exchanged a friendly wave.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    So this SRT-8 was weaving in and out of traffic to get a piece of me today and eventually we caught a light, I launched pretty good and kept half a car on him for most of what seemed like a 1/4 mile and then he pulled on me on the top end and was a car ahead of me when I let off due to traffic. IMHO if this was a track race I still would have lost, I at least hung with him and was ahead,(not by more than half a car or more due to his shifting abilities a car), up until the end. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy but we exchanged a thumbs up. I'm sure some one will ask so my mods are only a Hooker Catback, Lid, and a tune. Right now the Car puts down 326 rwhp, and 346 rwtq. So I'm sure some of you are wondering why I even bothered to post this, well I'm humble enough to admit when I've been beat, but also I'll ask If gears and possibly a higher stall would prevent future embarrassment. Anyways, the other driver was pretty cool and I even seen him further down the road about an hour afterwards and we exchanged a friendly wave.
    IMHO getting beat by a newer car with more displacement/power isnt an embarrassment. Challengers run very well for what they are, their only draw back is that they weigh too much.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

I honestly knew I was beat from the start, but still wanted to how well I would fair against this car and the driver,(anything can happen on the street). Also I don't really take on any races cause I usually have my son with me when I'm cruising on the weekends. Today was not one of those days. The rest of the the 2 1/2 hours of cruise went without incident even though there were an assload of mustangs/ricers lined up with me, none of them would play,(cut-out was open), and I know they were out doing the same as me cause I seen several of them them cruising around on the other side of town.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

I honestly knew I was beat from the start, but still wanted to how well I would fair against this car and the driver,(anything can happen on the street). Also I don't really take on any races cause I usually have my son with me when I'm cruising on the weekends. Today was not one of those days. The rest of the the 2 1/2 hours of cruise went without incident even though there were an assload of mustangs/ricers lined up with me, none of them would play,(cut-out was open), and I know they were out doing the same as me cause I seen several of them them cruising around on the other side of town.

oopps I don't know why that happened

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Don't feel bad. An embarressment would have been if he left you like you were going backwards.

I recently got beat by a C5 Z06 on the highway in my Regal. I posted it as well: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/kil...k-up-bark.html
    I thought I could take him. When we finally got some open road he out ran me. Like you're race, it was no slaughter. He only had me by a car length but could have kept increasing the distance had we went further.

I didn't know the SRT's were that quick. I'll have to make sure if I encounter one with the SS it's at a stop light instead of out on the highway.
    Last edited by Redegal; 06-14-2009 at 05:26 AM.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Noble death, I would have to guess he wasn't stock. If I understand correctly, it was a 6speed and not the A5?

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Yeah he was a M6, he kept dropping off by a fender every time he shifted, then pulled me in 4th a stayed up a car till the end. Not sure that he wasn't stock, sounded pretty good but then this is my only encounter with a SRT-8 Challenger.
    Last edited by robcas47; 06-16-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Then I would say he was definitely modded.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Maybe but he should have pulled earlier IMO, wasn't shifting very well but still got it in the end. I'll probably see him again next weekend and I'll run with him again, it was probably the only good race he had all weekend.

silver
    2002 ws6

honorable death and good times

Thread Information