Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Thumbs up C5 zo6 or 05 GTO??

I did not see the proper section for this question. So i will post it here since this is the section im always at. I saw for sale a 2001 C5 ZO6 in bright red with 48k miles for $27.800. And i saw a 2005 bright red GTO automatic with 4k miles for $27.000. This car wil be a daily driver and stay stock. Wich is faster and hold more value down the road. Wich one would you get?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Z06 my dad has one and although it doesn't have the 405 hp like the 02's and 03's my other friends dad has the 01 and it has some ass kickin waiting for hondas! They also get pretty good gas mileage!

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    I did not see the proper section for this question. So i will post it here since this is the section im always at. I saw for sale a 2001 C5 ZO6 in bright red with 48k miles for $27.800. And i saw a 2005 bright red GTO automatic with 4k miles for $27.000. This car wil be a daily driver and stay stock. Wich is faster and hold more value down the road. Wich one would you get?
    Dude it's a no brainer get the vette not only is it a bitch load faster but a whole lot better resale!

Dude.... Z06 in a HEARTBEAT! Im still looking for a 2002-2004 Blue Z06 for myself....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

definatly a no brainer. the z06

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Ummm...yeah, the Z06. Any year. The 385 HP Z06 is MAYBE a tick slower than the 405 HP one. That is a big MAYBE. I would love to have a Speedway White one with a red leather interior, or better yet, like a Ferrari tan leather. The 01 is the only year they made a white C5 Z06. And, they didn't make many.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Ummm...yeah, the Z06. Any year. The 385 HP Z06 is MAYBE a tick slower than the 405 HP one. That is a big MAYBE. I would love to have a Speedway White one with a red leather interior, or better yet, like a Ferrari tan leather. The 01 is the only year they made a white C5 Z06. And, they didn't make many.

Not to go off topic but does anyone know when they changed the blue on the Z06? I coudl have sworn the earlier ones had a very light blue and the later 03-04s had a dark blue...

john
    Z06

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Not to go off topic but does anyone know when they changed the blue on the Z06? I coudl have sworn the earlier ones had a very light blue and the later 03-04s had a dark blue...
    Good question...the only reason I knew about the speedway white is because I wanted a white Z06 and did some research. Maybe some of the Vette fanatics can get on here and clue us in?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Z06
    john's got "large member" as a subtitle

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I wrecked my evo this mourning. It was raining really bad and my rear tires were almost bald with no thread left. I lost traction from the rear at 45mph on a big highway with 4 lanes. I was on the far right slow lane and ended up doing a 180 degree turn with my car's passenger side hitting the median wall on the HOV lane. I was lucky no cars were behind me and no cars coming on the HOV lane at 4:30 in the mourning. The total repair cost as of right now is about $6500. As soon as its fixed its gone. Its a real dangerous car to have. Its nose heavy and SUPER light in the rear. I think im looking towards the GTO and a RX8 for my wife. I would get the ZO6 but i think its strictly for racing and im looking more for a fast daily driver. Thanks for your opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    I wrecked my evo this mourning. It was raining really bad and my rear tires were almost bald with no thread left. I lost traction from the rear at 45mph on a big highway with 4 lanes. I was on the far right slow lane and ended up doing a 180 degree turn with my car's passenger side hitting the median wall on the HOV lane. I was lucky no cars were behind me and no cars coming on the HOV lane at 4:30 in the mourning. The total repair cost as of right now is about $6500. As soon as its fixed its gone. Its a real dangerous car to have. Its nose heavy and SUPER light in the rear. I think im looking towards the GTO and a RX8 for my wife. I would get the ZO6 but i think its strictly for racing and im looking more for a fast daily driver. Thanks for your opinions though.

Your condeming the EVO for being heavy in the front and light in the rear when you just admitted having no tread on the rear tires. Try driving in the rain in your new RWD car with bald tires, see how that goes

The EVO is far from dangerous, its the most forgiving car Ive driven in regards to its limits and foul weather. Dont blame the car for your failure to properly maintain a vehicle. Any car is dangerous with bald tires.

Cyclone Grey
    2005 M6 GTO

C5 Z06.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Your condeming the EVO for being heavy in the front and light in the rear when you just admitted having no tread on the rear tires. Try driving in the rain in your new RWD car with bald tires, see how that goes

The EVO is far from dangerous, its the most forgiving car Ive driven in regards to its limits and foul weather. Dont blame the car for your failure to properly maintain a vehicle. Any car is dangerous with bald tires.
    Driving a car in the rain with bald tires is never smart. However, he is right about the Evo being weight biased towards the front. After all, the Evo is based on the front engined, FWD Lancer with a transaxle at the front of the car - You can't argue that the majority of the weight is over the front wheels. The rear end is nothing but a back seat and empty trunk space.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

The EVO is a great car. The best to ever come out of japan. Dont get me wrong, I love the EVO. But it is EXTREMELY high maintenance and expensive to keep up with!!! When it was time to replace the stock advan tires, they were $290 EACH!! I couldnt afford that so i replaced all 4 with yokohama avs100. The tires went bald at 10k miles. The clutch is almost going out too. A clutch to hold my power cost $585 and the average labor to install is $800-$1000 with no warranty on the install since its a racing clutch!! And i know the evo is gonna get harder to drive as a daily driver in traffic with the racing clutch. I see the evo as a car strictly for racing. You have to know what type of mods you are doing to it and be VERY carefull about who tunes it. Almost everyday i get on the evom forum someone blows their engine or tranny. Thats too risky. The bald tires is my fault. All that aside, the evo is light as hell in the rear. I carry no spare and removed all the trunk lining and carpet. I could possibly even lift it from the rear!

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro
    ...and it has some ass kickin waiting for hondas!
    I say go with the Honda...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Driving a car in the rain with bald tires is never smart. However, he is right about the Evo being weight biased towards the front. After all, the Evo is based on the front engined, FWD Lancer with a transaxle at the front of the car - You can't argue that the majority of the weight is over the front wheels. The rear end is nothing but a back seat and empty trunk space.

I didnt say anything about it not being front-weight biased. Of course every car with a front engine/FWD or AWD will be somewhat front weight biased, thats common sense. I just said thats not why he crashed. Ive been driving my car hard as a daily driver for 50k miles now and not once have I even come close to crashing it, mostly in part bc of the AWD system which is incredible and also having proper tires that can handle the situations I put them in. Id still take an EVO with bald tires in the rain over a RWD car with bald tires in the rain anyday.

Ive been driving my car hard as a daily driver for 50k miles now and not once have I even come close to crashing it, mostly in part bc of the AWD system which is incredible...
    What does this have to do with ZO6 vs GTO? I mean seriously, every freaking post, sooner or later, winds up talking about EVO's. I for one am getting very tired of it...

EE1983, yes, EVO's handle incredibly out in the rain, but this begs the question... who in their right state of mind wants to mess around in conditions such as that? I'm not out to "rally" my Trans Am while cruising down Route 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    john's got "large member" as a subtitle
    ROTFFLMMFAO!

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

First, given the advantage over depreciation, I would buy the vette; having owned a C5 they can be easily driven as a daily driver. I would try to find a 2002-2004 however due to the power increase and less likelyhood of having the ring/oil consumption issues that plagued the 2001s.
    I believe the new blue (speedway?) came out in 2002
    2004 MB E500
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    1993 Mustang Cobra teal
    1989 20th Anniv Turbo Trans Am hardtop
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Thread Information