White
    01 Camaro 6speed

C5 Z06 vs 01 Z28

Ive seen a few vids of full bolt on Camaro's going up against stock or somewhat modded C5Z06. I got alot of respect for that car since i almost bought one, so i know for a fact with even minor bolt ons i would get trashed by one. I think even with my full bolt ons i would still get pulled by a stock one but id like to see how bad meaning 55-130mph about there mainly want to go from 3rd gear seeing if my car would have the power to somewhat keep up. I know they pull about 345-355 rwhp stock meaning the 2002-2004 models and the 01's are about 330-340 rwhp give or take.

I might be about 350-360 rwhp with ofcourse a weight of 3450 lbs and the Z06 at about 3150 lbs. So basically atleast 300 lbs weight difference is going to really kill me right from the get go. My guess would be by the time i hit 130mph i might lose by about 3-4 cars and thats with me putting on the LT's and being full bolt on, but who knows. Id like to go up against one anyway since they are hard to run into if anyone knows someone that has a Z06 and wants to do a quick run, it would be nice to know or just go for a cruise, dont matter to me. Like i said got lots of respect for that car, to me its a perfect and excellent rounded sports car.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

you seem bored-you'll have to wait like the rest of us on the street

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

This is true i am bored, lol. I got kinda let down a couple of weeks back the guy in the E92 M3 got his car taken from the bank so figured, i guess 950 payment for a car is a bit much to pay especially with insurance costs. There are a couple of people by my area that have a C5Z06 but only time i ever see them is ofcourse when im driving around the civic.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I raced one in my auto-you can guess the outcome, I know the guy we have vid of us dicken around in the mountains, but i'm still waiting for my rider to upload the fucking videos.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Once he uploads it let us know, id like to see it. What mods do you so far. On the Auto its critical to go WOT at the right speeds but with a good stall, gears and tune youll have one insane camaro. Either way its cool just to see how you can hang with one, hopefully one day i can afford to buy the C6Z. I think by that time theyll have a C7 and C8Z06, lol.

Electron Blue
    2002 Corvette Z06

Don't forget the Z06 also has more aggressive gearing as well as the weight advantage. Some would argue at the higher speeds it also has an aerodynamic advantage as well. If I were in CA I would give you a run but we are sort of far away!
    2008 Lexus IS250 AWD (sold)
    2005 EVO8 - 460awhp (sold)
    1994 Nissan Sentra XE (beater)
    2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06
    Performance |Halltech Venom, 3:73s, LS7 Clutch
    Exterior |Chrome wheels, ECC Clear corners, Lowered, Tint

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks Electric for the advice, i didnt know it had better gearing or aero. I think it will be cool to race one, i dont expect to beat one at all but i dont expect to lose by 8-10 cars from 55-130. LOL, but then again who knows its cool to see what our cars can do against other cars and especially a C5Z06.

White CAMARO SS # 846

its good to know your car's pwr agianst stock or moded c5 z06

good luck bro

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks Munz8

black
    99 Z28

here is a video of me and my brother racing a c5 z06.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...s-7_636690.htm
    starts at 4:02

me- 99 z28 m6
    lid
    long tubes
    ory
    dump
    at that time i was street tuned and made 349hp 361 tq

brother- 00 ws6 m6
    lid
    stock headers
    with true dual cutouts on y pipe

04 c5 z06
    intake and i think no cats... not sure tho might just be intake

black
    99 Z28

i think i let off at about 145. as soon as i put it into 5th he just raped me, i was very pleased with the way i ran. i did better than i thought i did lol.

we started at a 45 roll. so 45-145. he prob went like 160 lol

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thats an excellent vid emoFTW, im at 336 RWHP and 349 RWTQ without the LT's and ORY. I think after the install i should be about 350-360 RWHP and about 355-360 RWTQ with my 4.10 gears it should be a bit closer in 5th gear. You did real good keeping up, i now what you mean when you went into 5th all of the sudden your car got real quite, meaning the rpms dropped with the wide gearing.

Black
    1999 Z28

With the wt disadvantage you'll need about 40-50 more RWHP than the Z06. I ran a C6 Vette (which is a drivers race with a C5Z), other night from a 40 mph roll. He got the hit but I got him by 4-5 cars by the middle of fourth granny shifting @ about 6200 rpms. But then again I'm putting over 450 to the ground- wt kills me too- I'm probably pushing 3600-3700 lbs,

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im gonna go dyno the car after my LT install and then decide from there when ill be putting on the nitrous system. After my LT install i will already have the plugs for nitrous and the tune for it just woud need to put on the system after that im not gonna worry too much about a C5Z or a C6 Vette but a C6Z06 would be much harder even with nitrous. I think without the nitrous i would still get pulled on by a stock C5Z if the race was from 50-150mph i would probably get beat by 3-5 cars. Well till i put on the headers and figure out why my car is missing 1st and 2nd gear, ofcourse running into a C5Z to race is gonna be a bit of a challenge.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

i could just do that in the vid and call it a day, lol

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Thats an excellent vid emoFTW, im at 336 RWHP and 349 RWTQ without the LT's and ORY. I think after the install i should be about 350-360 RWHP and about 355-360 RWTQ with my 4.10 gears it should be a bit closer in 5th gear. You did real good keeping up, i now what you mean when you went into 5th all of the sudden your car got real quite, meaning the rpms dropped with the wide gearing.
    yes exactly, 5th gear he just left me in the dust! deff with your gears it will be a much better race between the two. i have ran two ls2 c6's and have pulled them both, but i cannot keep up with a c5 z06 on the top-end. but then again i raced the two c6's from a lower roll, from about 30-120ish, and i had them both by a car maybe two...

Thread Information