Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BWM M5 Fun

NBM
    2000 Z28 M6 Vert

BWM M5 Fun

Headed out early this morning and there was very little traffic out. Taken it nice as slow while everything warmed up, and an early BMW M5 caught me from behind. I wasn't really warmed up yet, and for the 1st 2 lights, the guy launches pretty hard, and I just let him go. 3rd light, I'm ready. I really don't think he thought I was going to go this time and he launched kind of half hearted and I simply ran away from him through 3rd gear.

As I'm slowing down, he's trying to get me to go from a roll, but my turn is coming up soon and I move over and put my blinker on. Dude stomps it and takes off hauling ass just as a cop is turning onto the road behind him.

Laughing to myself as he hits the lights and tears off after him. As soon as I"m out of sight, I high tail it the other way.

red
    2000 camaro ss

well i dont like to see anyone get pulled over. . . .but. . . .ok thats pretty sweet.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Tickwomp View Post
    Headed out early this morning and there was very little traffic out. Taken it nice as slow while everything warmed up, and an early BMW M5 caught me from behind. I wasn't really warmed up yet, and for the 1st 2 lights, the guy launches pretty hard, and I just let him go. 3rd light, I'm ready. I really don't think he thought I was going to go this time and he launched kind of half hearted and I simply ran away from him through 3rd gear.

As I'm slowing down, he's trying to get me to go from a roll, but my turn is coming up soon and I move over and put my blinker on. Dude stomps it and takes off hauling ass just as a cop is turning onto the road behind him.

Laughing to myself as he hits the lights and tears off after him. As soon as I"m out of sight, I high tail it the other way.
    Good job. I hate BMWs. They look cool though.

NBM
    2000 Z28 M6 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    well i dont like to see anyone get pulled over. . . .but. . . .ok thats pretty sweet.
    Trust me, it was a nervous laughter. I realized that it could have been me just as easy. Hopefully, the popo let him off with just a warning.

Reminds me of the 330i I sprayed , lol it was Sad !
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

E39 or E60? (V8 or V10)

So he wanted to go twice, you wouldn't bite. Finally he did half-heartedly and you go 100% and he gets busted. Lousy kill and crappy way to get someone to run you.

^ and the Dork award goes to , the mopar owner of an overweight sled ,

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    ^ and the Dork award goes to , the mopar owner of an overweight sled ,
    Yeah like all the other 12sec sedans out there that beat stock LS1s. Oh, and stock Terminators now too.

OP was a dick, rare enough an M5 wants to race.
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-22-2008 at 06:41 PM.

NBM
    2000 Z28 M6 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    Yeah like all the other 12sec sedans out there that beat stock LS1s. Oh, and stock Terminators now too.

I didn't run the guy because my engine wasn't up to temp. Why am I a dick when I simply did to him what he was previously doing to me? Honestly, I think you're a dick.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Tickwomp View Post
    I didn't run the guy because my engine wasn't up to temp. Why am I a dick when I simply did to him what he was previously doing to me? Honestly, I think you're a dick.
    I take it back. You were a dick because he was game and you're laughing at some else's misfortune who was a good sport to begin with.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Questionable kill. He tries to go with you twice you don't race, then you hammer it on the third go and he was not ready. If I tried to go with someone twice and they give me no sign to go then I would not bother with them the third time.

I know your car was not warmed up yet.

Did you rev or give him any indication you were ready to go??

red
    2000 camaro ss

personally, i think he did what i woulda done. not rippin on my motor if it's cold. . . .but i ALWAYS let the other guy gun it first (while i'm ready to gun it), that way they cant pull some ricer shit like "i didnt spool" or "you got the jump". . . .its always better anyway to rip by 'em so they get the full effect of the LS1 blast. you guys that are doggin on this guy for bein a dick like rice and sedans. that guy in his m5 was probably a dick.
    2000 red ss: >2" drop, koni adjustables 'n 275 s-compounds all way around, giant brakes, dynatech LT's, borla catback (no plate), t56, tubular everything, HARD TOP, caged, "stock" heads 'n a mean cam. -2* front camber.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

last summer I thought i'd show up a 2008 v10 M5 with my lightly modded T/A, boy did I learn fast....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

For a bunch of guys some people get butt hurt to easily. I fear this sight has fallen into ls1tech's hands.

^

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

A stock Terminator does the quarter in 12.9 at 111 mph. It's curb weight is 3,650 lbs. A stock 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 does the quarter in 13.4 at 106 mph. It's curb weight is 4,160 lbs.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    A stock Terminator does the quarter in 12.9 at 111 mph. It's curb weight is 3,650 lbs. A stock 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 does the quarter in 13.4 at 106 mph. It's curb weight is 4,160 lbs.
    I don't know why I can't see or show signatures but....

I'm not stock. And if you're going to quote C&D for the Terminator, then use 13.1 - 13.3 @ 108-109mph for C&D, R&T and MT. 4100lbs, fully optioned, 2 gallons of gas.

Oh, btw, I'm not stock. Bolt-ons and a tune...
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-24-2008 at 11:55 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

And let the pissing match begin!

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    last summer I thought i'd show up a 2008 v10 M5 with my lightly modded T/A, boy did I learn fast....
    Yes but your car was still probaly cold................................

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

I don't know why I can't see or show signatures but....

I'm not stock. And if you're going to quote C&D for the Terminator, then use 13.1 - 13.3 @ 108-109mph for C&D, R&T and MT. 4100lbs, fully optioned, 2 gallons of gas.

Oh, btw, I'm not stock. Bolt-ons and a tune...
    If you're not stock, then I don't understand what your point is. You think it's impressive that your modified Charger that weighs over 2 tons can beat stock F-bodies and Terminators?

Thread Information