Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

black smoke dodge

like the title states! i was minding my own business when this white dodge diesel came up beside me. paceing me and gunning it he filled up my car with yuky black diesel smoke. we were on a service rd doing 45 and i slid it into 2nd at 4500rpm's. when this doosche bag gunned it going to fill my car up again i floored it and liked to have hit him with the side of my car as i was spinning the whole time in 2nd all the way to 6900 rpm. i put 2 lengths on him spinning. sorry boost lag diesels. and idiot rednecks... the funny thing about his truck was he had guages on his dash and had banks in big letters. and the look was priceless when he came flying by me after i had let off. i wasted my gas again.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i get that all the time here in texas....best thing to do is just let them look stupid...if they start clouding you up, do just as you did and leave em behind....i like the ones who have their windows down...they get an ear full when i lay off into the pedal.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

It's not just Texas. We have A hloes in New Jersey too. I love to watch them get pulled over by the State Troopers, we have smog rules in NJ.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nice kill, Kerry! I think those black smokin' things are ridiculous. So what if it makes 1,000 ft lbs, it's still a truck that can't stop quick or even think about going around a corner.

Blog Entries

black an red
    00 z28 and 00 corvette

I get that to from these black smoke blowing peices of shit, lol wow! Look at me I can blow black smoke, pulling trailers an blowing smoke is about all they are good for anyway. Makes me wanna pull out my 45 an blow their front tire out when they do that shit.

We get that here in farm country too. I kinda expect the worst whenever I see a big jacked up truck, so I avoid them the best I can. My wife laughs at them & calls them "Little wiener mobiles".....

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice kill, Kerry! I think those black smokin' things are ridiculous. So what if it makes 1,000 ft lbs, it's still a truck that can't stop quick or even think about going around a corner.
    Yea cause that is what they are meant to do but further research will show the new diesels go from 60-0 in as good as 130ft. 2000 trans am 122ft a full 8 feet shorter not even one car length hell only half the length of a midsize car.

While I agree smoker diesels are stupid and the peopel who drive them a generally stupid they have their uses.

I like the power these diesels can make, and wouldn't mind owning one myself for towing purposes. I don't mind the smoke they make, just comes with the territory. What I don't like are the assholes that do it on purpose when next to a car, that's just being a dick in my opinion.

Couple years ago we were sitting at a light. I was in the chevelle and following my neighbor in his 67 stang. Diesel pulls up next to him in the other lane and proceded to foot brake the diesel while sitting still and fill the inside of the stang with black smoke right through the passenger window where his 70 year old wife was sitting. Light turned green and he took off. I was ready to jump out and yank his ass out of the truck and it wasn't even me who go blasted.

Just total assholes if you ask me. Stupid kids, I wouldn't expect any better.

4 of them leaving a classic car cruise just this past Saturday, driving like idiots and all of them blowing so much smoke it impared others vision. They merged on the highway and were dodging in and out of traffic smoking so much they left a trail you could see for a mile, and I eventually lost sight of them. About 10 miles up the road one of them was pulled over by Maricopa's finest

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The sound of a diesel at idle reminds me of a can of nuts and bolts rolling down stairs..

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The sound of a diesel at idle reminds me of a can of nuts and bolts rolling down stairs..
    I agree the older ones were horrible. I think the manufactures have done a pretty good job quieting them down on some of the newer ones though so long as it hasn't been tinkered with. My neighbors 03 duramax is pretty darn quiet considering. I'm still not a huge fan of the odd noises they make though. Then you have people putting exhaust on them and it's just obnoxious. Don't think I could drive one everyday like that. There are some ridiculously loud diesels running around here, coming from me that says alot considering I have my share of fairly loud V8 cars here.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

well my 04 gto is by far a very loud car. i have a custom built exhaust. i work with a guy that has a dodge diesel that he put nearly 5000$ in. 3000$ race head with race injectors. ported intake, and custom built header and exhaust. after all that it, it only ran mid 13's.

I'm not too familiar with the Dodge Cummins other than the fact they've been around forever. But the general consensus around the diesel guru's is that the Duramax from GM is the one to have, as they seem to make the most power.

13's in a truck that weighs 6,000 lbs. is moving no matter how you look at it. But I've seen those things run deep into the 11's as well so they are nothing to sneeze at when hopped up. You just never know what you're up against, and it wouldn't be surprising to see one whoop a car.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I have a couple of buddies running the D-max and they are into the low 13's high 12's.
    Pretty damn' good for a lead sled extended cab.
    I have an old video of one of them making 13 second runs because the other broke out that day.lol
    He ran those numbers in 4-hi and lowered pressure AT's. lmao! He tunes his D-max to not smoke. D-max FTW! XD

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'll agree that the smoke is obnoxious, but the newer models have filters to slow down on that. Not saying people wont take that stuff out but it's definitely more of a hassle. My father has a late 07 Duramax and if anyone here has ever launched one, they get up and go. Launching in 4 high will bark all four tires and leave almost any car behind, its chipped and makes no smoke.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I had one of these trucks beat me before when I was stock. Actually, he didn't beat me, he whooped my ass.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Damn gotta hate that when a big ole truck moves faster than a sport car.

Dammit. Is it sports or sport car?
    ^^^This all started for me in another thread, car definitions.

pewter
    99 trans am

pony car...sports cars have 2 seats....at least thats what i always heard..

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Guys the diesels that smoke a lot usually are setup to make that extra smoke. Do diesels smoke stock.. yes but it is minimal atleast in 1990 and newer. The diesels that pour smoke for miles are setup to do that either through a smoker or through the tune in the new models. There is a setting on most diesel piggyback tuners that tells the fuel system to dump fuel and create extra smoke for no purpose other than creating more smoke. That is why you will see diesels that are very close to stock most likely just an exhaust and tune who are dumping black clouds at 1/3 throttle..... because their owners want them to.

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Guys the diesels that smoke a lot usually are setup to make that extra smoke. Do diesels smoke stock.. yes but it is minimal atleast in 1990 and newer. The diesels that pour smoke for miles are setup to do that either through a smoker or through the tune in the new models. There is a setting on most diesel piggyback tuners that tells the fuel system to dump fuel and create extra smoke for no purpose other than creating more smoke. That is why you will see diesels that are very close to stock most likely just an exhaust and tune who are dumping black clouds at 1/3 throttle..... because their owners want them to.
    and thats what the op's point is....dickshits pouring smoke into people's faces...

Silly if you ask me. Used to be that smoke coming from an engine meant it was time for a rebuild (diesels were still in their infancy for the general public) and even somewhat embarassing to drive in that condition, now smoke has become the cool thing to do among the diesel crowd. Just seems odd to me.

I have one here that smokes pretty heavy (needs guides) so I refrain from even driving it until I get the time to rebuild the engine. Usually get it out late at night when I'm not seen and make a run to the gas station and back

Thread Information