Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bench racing

NBM
    '00 Z28

bench racing

So I just had a laugh at work. I work with an older guy, I think he's 52. I don't know how we got on the issue, but he was talking about how people really under estimate Hondas. He went on to say that he's pretty confident that his stock Civic could probably take 90% of the cars on the road. Maybe not in top end, but off the line and definitely for the first 100 feet.

I told him that he sure as hell wouldn't beat me. After he insisted a few times, and I kept chuckling, he asked what I've got in the barn that I haven't told him about. You see, I live in Minnesota. My baby's been in storage since October. He didn't have any clue.

So I showed him a couple pics. He still feels that he'll get me.

He also did the typical, "Well, even if you can beat me, you'd get your butt kicked by an S2000."

After that comment I showed him the thread titled "LS1 vs. S2000" or something like that. He felt the outcome had to have had to do with the driver, not the car.

He's a nice guy, but I don't think he knows much about cars. Either way, once the roads are nice, I expect to have a little fun leaving work some night.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what a retard!!! 52 and thinks a damn 4 cyl will take 8! you'd think that he'd atleast have some fond memories of classic muscle cars...jsut goes to show you that people are complete idiots.

NBM
    '00 Z28

There are all sorts out there.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Well I'm the one who posted the S2000 race...So I must not know what I'm talking about... Funny thing is, is that shortly after I raced another S2000 w/ NOS and still beat him in 3rd. Nothing to do w/ the drivers in my opinion. They had those Hondas screaming to catch me. I think a 52 year old needs them fuel economy cars but NOT for racing!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

There Is No Replacement For Displacement!
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i mean a god dam ricer wouldne even think that

reminds me of my friend who tried to tell me that doing neutral bombs with an auto tranny doesnt hur it, (neutral bomb= reving the car up and dropping it into D)

there are all kinds of people out there, and that is what makes this country and world so unique

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Use to have a guy I worked with alot like that. He owned a 99 C5 and thought his corvette was unbeatable. I suprised the hell outa him with my 99 TA when I had it. He would try to avoid me every day after that.

black
    1999 Trans Am

What mods does your 99 T/A have?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

some ppl are just clueless

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You gotta be kidding...he said his stock civic will take your Z You could race that dude in the rain...with a plug wire off...with 4 people in the car and still smoke him.

A kid in his newer civic with a wing and that's all(beginning stage of ricerhood) tried running me from a 60 roll on my way home from work yesturday. At first I didn't think he was serious because he had his g/f with him...I mean who wants to get smoked in front of their girl?? Anyway, I just had my Random Tech cats and Y installed and was like wtf..lets do it.We all know the outcome...funny thing is when I slowed back down I look over as they were passing me...his girl had this "I wanna suck your sack" look Guess the ls1 roar got her all wet...eh

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    funny thing is when I slowed back down I look over as they were passing me...his girl had this "I wanna suck your sack" look Guess the ls1 roar got her all wet...eh
    yeah, i want that to happen to me too

NBM
    '00 Z28

well, I just got challenged to another race. They're really stacking up and I'm a few months away still. Anyhow, another guy I work with just bought an '02 WRX with a fart can, intake, blow off valve and a tune. I wonder if I'll take him or not.

From a roll I should be able to get him. From a dig though, I'm sure he'll get me outta the hole. I'm wondering how far I'll have to race him to be able to catch him and put him in the rear view. Anyone have an idea? I'm pretty much stock. I've only ported the MAF ends.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by boone94
    What mods does your 99 T/A have?
    It was an A4 with a 3500 stall, BFG drag Radials, Spohn race rear sway bar and torque arm, v-6 camaro springs in the back, KYB 12 way adjustables all the way around. Reinforced LCA's, Relocation Brackets, Tubular K-member and A-arms, LT Headers, LS6 Intake, Loudmouth Exhaust, Battery Relocation, Removed front sway bar, Removed AC... I ran a 12.26 @ 110mph on a 1.68 60ft before I sold it. Could have hit 11's prety easy if I had more seat time.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    There Is No Replacement For Displacement!
    I used to think that until I saw an 11 second Honda Civic at the dragstrip.
    Last edited by Redegal; 02-02-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal
    I used to think that until I saw an 11 second Honda Civic at the dragstrip.
    Word out on the street by me is that there's a 9sec Civic who makes a killing on Ave. P in Newark, NJ racing other people 4 money.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I don't doubt it.

silver
    2000 Audi S4

Back when I first got my SS a guy that I worked with told me that he could take me in a race. He had a mid 80's vette with the cross fire injection system. He tried to tell me that our motors were pretty much the same because they were both 5.7's. I also have a friend whose got a civic that is all built up (if you can say that about a civic). I have to admit it was pretty cool that it can smoke the tires through 3rd gear, only problem is that it wasn't really goin all that fast when he's just makin smoke. This guys wife used to have an SS but traded it in when she found out they were gonna have a baby. She now has a volvo s60 type R, pretty cool grocery getter.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by shua01ss
    Back when I first got my SS a guy that I worked with told me that he could take me in a race. He had a mid 80's vette with the cross fire injection system. He tried to tell me that our motors were pretty much the same because they were both 5.7's.
    Wow...i'd love to race that dude. With his comment alone you know he's stock...unless a previous owner modded it. Did you ever run him?

silver
    2000 Audi S4

No never got the chance to run him. The vette was stock except for a piar of flowmaster mufflers welded to the back. His whole reasoning was that he said his car was only half the weight of mine. I just let him think what he wanted to, I figured it was useless to try and argue with someone that ignorant.

NBM
    '00 Z28

My fiancee's cousin was trying to tell me that a Mercedes has the same engine as a Skyline. His reasoning, because they both had inline sixes and they were the same displacement. I'm trying to help the kid understand, but he's 17 and knows everything -- according to him.

Thread Information