Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

beat up a 07 stang

the guy had gears,( he wouldnt admite to what size), full exhaust and a cai.
    twice we went from a stop and he got the hit. i went right around him easily and by the time i got to 90 or so, i had a bus on him.
    cool guy though, he gave me the thumps up while his buddy was laughing at him.
    they asked what mods i had, i just said full exhaust while smiling
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    the guy had gears,( he wouldnt admite to what size), full exhaust and a cai.
    twice we went from a stop and he got the hit. i went right around him easily and by the time i got to 90 or so, i had a bus on him.
    cool guy though, he gave me the thumps up while his buddy was laughing at him.
    they asked what mods i had, i just said full exhaust while smiling
    Nice kill. Hell yeah, according to your sig, you would put a bus or so on him. He should be around 310rwhp/320tq and running 12.9-13-1 or so with stock tires on that set up. 12.6/7ish with DR's. Somewhere in that neighborhood, nowhere close to you. What do you have done to it though??? Just the full exhaust?
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-20-2008 at 10:48 PM.

black
    99 Z28

nice man! i raced an 07 mustang outlaw GT, he had i/exhaust, and a programmer with a diff base map, i pulled him in the 3rd and im bone stock!!! zero mods!

edit: just cat back exhaust, but he also had pullies.
    Last edited by emoFTW; 09-22-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    nice man! i raced an 07 mustang outlaw GT, he had i/full exhaust, and a programmer with a diff base map, i pulled him in the 3rd and im bone stock!!! zero mods!
    Wow, I don't even know what an outlaw GT is, and some of his mods sound different, but bone stock doing this?....

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Death to the ponys!

great kill

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Wow, I don't even know what an outlaw GT is, and some of his mods sound different, but bone stock doing this?....
    i can believe it. my car is close to stock and i pulled like a bastard on a bolt on 05 stang in 3rd gear.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Nice kill. Hell yeah, according to your sig, you would put a bus or so on him. He should be around 310rwhp/320tq and running 12.9-13-1 or so with stock tires on that set up. 12.6/7ish with DR's. Somewhere in that neighborhood, nowhere close to you. What do you have done to it though??? Just the full exhaust?
    full exhaust, 224 cam, 3000 stall, ls6 intake, volant cai and tuning.

black
    99 Z28

I have a vid, did you want to see it? No BS here man, but yea he had intake, exhaust and a tuner type thing

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i can believe it. my car is close to stock and i pulled like a bastard on a bolt on 05 stang in 3rd gear.
    I dunno what your definition of close to stock is. LS1 guys have a different understanding of stock, then other's I've encountered.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    I have a vid, did you want to see it? No BS here man, but yea he had intake, exhaust and a tuner type thing
    Sure.

silver
    2002 ws6

I dunno what your definition of close to stock is. LS1 guys have a different understanding of stock, then other's I've encountered.
    some exhaust work, CAI, ported TB and a hand held tuner

10's N/A

Naw I think it's the other way around. It's usually the Mustang guy that lies about what mods he has.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Naw I think it's the other way around. It's usually the Mustang guy that lies about what mods he has.
    LoL, there he is. I haven't run into a Stang guy yet that hides his mods, but I'm not denying they're out there.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

some exhaust work, CAI, ported TB and a hand held tuner

I would imagine from a roll, you could put lengths on a bolt on S197 depending on which bolt ons he had. In the 1/4, I doubt you could put too many lengths with a real driver though.

LoL, there he is. I haven't run into a Stang guy yet that hides his mods, but I'm not denying they're out there.

BTW, I found a vid that truthfully explains how the races go when an LS1 does beat a 3 valve in the 1/4, and it wasn't 5 lengths and all that jazz. If they get beat, The drivin was asleep, I think it should've been closer even though the T/A was stronger in accleration.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-25-2008 at 03:36 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

I would imagine from a roll, you could put lengths on a bolt on S197 depending on which bolt ons he had. In the 1/4, I doubt you could put too many lengths with a real driver though.

BTW, I found a vid that truthfully explains how the races go when an LS1 does beat a 3 valve in the 1/4, and it wasn't 5 lengths and all that jazz. If they get beat, The drivin was asleep, I think it should've been closer even though the T/A was stronger in accleration.
    i dunno you tell me. he has long tube headers, off road x pipe, CAI, and a dyno tune.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

i dunno you tell me. he has long tube headers, off road x pipe, CAI, and a dyno tune.

Looks like you get him by about 2 cars in the 1/4. I don't know what kind of driver he is cuz I just don't know him. Any E.T's of either of you? I'm not familiar with your mods and what they do to the LS1, but I think I can run ya about dead even with the winner going to whoever drives the best that day with my current set up, assuming this guy has the 3:55's in his 07. I just can't see you realing me in that fast if any at all.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-26-2008 at 06:47 AM.

10's N/A

Looks like you get him by about 2 cars in the 1/4. I don't know what kind of driver he is cuz I just don't know him. Any E.T's of either of you? I'm not familiar with your mods and what they do to the LS1, but I think I can run ya about dead even with the winner going to whoever drives the best that day with my current set up, assuming this guy has the 3:55's in his 07. I just can't see you realing me in that fast if any at all.
    What is it going to take for you [CamaroFan] to realize that S197 Mustangs and LS1 F-bodies ARE NOT equal? Stock for stock, bolt-on for bolt-on...they are NOT equal. Period! I think it's ironic how you keep trying to make the 05-up Mustangs like they are an even match for an LS1. They just aren't. I notice in every situation you blame it on the driver, like you are Evan Smith or something. Everytime, "the driver", "the driver". LS1's are a more potent powerplant, simple as that.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 09-26-2008 at 08:03 AM.

black
    99 Z28

What is it going to take for you [CamaroFan] to realize that S197 Mustangs and LS1 F-bodies ARE NOT equal? Stock for stock, bolt-on for bolt-on...they are NOT equal. Period! I think it's ironic how you keep trying to make the 05-up Mustangs like they are an even match for an LS1. They just aren't. I notice in every situation you blame it on the driver, like you are Evan Smith or something. Everytime, "the driver", "the driver". LS1's are a more potent powerplant, simple as that.
    QFT! the new mustangs do look good... but they just dont match up to the f-bodies

silver
    2002 ws6

whatever dude. the proof is in the pudding.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

whatever dude. the proof is in the pudding.

Oh, no, I don't doubt what My eyes have seen. You pulled that dude strong. I'm talking bout me and my set up. Totally different car and driver. Any track times??

Thread Information