Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Attitiude adjustment for Mustang GT driver

This is less of a race than it is a reality check for some idiot driver. I'm driving back from work this afternoon and I'm in the middle lane stuck in a patch of slower moving traffic. There is a Mustang GT 99-04 in the left lane that jumps over into my lane, cutting me off. I think, "Fine, whatever. This is Houston....) there is a slower moving vehicle a little ahead of us and the Mustang driver paces it just right so he can pass the slower vehicle and I can't because of a car in the left lane going a little faster. Now I'm thinking, "Is this guy messing with me?" My passenger laughs and says "What the hell is that guy thinking?"

I just stick in the middle lane for a while and the slower moving vehicle moves over and I speed back up to where I was at before. Mustang GT is in the left lane again as I come up, he gets over in front of me again and he gets the opportunity to once again keep me from passing a slower moving car in front of us. Now I smile because I see traffic is pretty much wide open as we pass under beltway 8. It's on, MF!

I get around the slower moving vehice much sooner this time and I'm creeping up on the GT hoping he'll line up and go for a quick run and take his spanking like a man. I'm about a car length back from him and he punches it. In no hurry, I give him a few car lengths lead as I downshift into second at around 60 MPH and floor it. I tell my buddy that I'm gonna eat this guy's lunch. He just grins and says "do it!" He's a gear head, too and doesn't mind racing one bit, lol

I blow past this guy a few seconds later and then slow down allowing him to catch up as he is still in it. As he goes by, he's giving me this hard ass look while attempting the fly by and as soon as he gets a car length on me, I hit it again, pass him with my passenger giving him the finger and laughing at him and then proceed to put about 5 car lengths on him and then shut it down. I slow down, seeing if he wants to try again, but he won't bite and gives up at this point and takes the next exit.

what a waste of gas...

Awaiting Activation
    good story! wow what an idiot! Don't people have any respect for cars that are obviously faster than them?

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Thanks, Blue.

I love a good run with anyone with a fast car and with a decent attitude. I don't mind losing to what initially looks like a slower car at all. I'm a huge fan of mustangs. I had a cobra until a few weeks ago when I bought the C6 and I'm sure I'll have another stang in the garage one day. I would have given him all the respect in the world and not rubbed it in face like I did, but this guy was a moron!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

bad ass.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i wouldnt waste the gas on him with my ss but thats me, unless he sounded non stock like a cam and headers

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

Quote Originally Posted by onehotcavalier

what a waste of gas...
    arent they all, but i still do it too go figure

Thread Information