cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

arrogant vette owner

so i pull out of this gas station behind this vette and follow him for like a 1/4 mile when he pulls over in this little business center. i follow him in the parking lot to talk because it's not everyday you see vettes or f-bodies where i live, i wasn't trying to race or anything i just wanted to talk cars. he immediately rolls his window down when i get beside him and says "i'm not going to race you and you wouldn't win anyway". i was like. i told him i dont know about all that now....what year is that vette? he says a 2000. i say i think it would be a good run since we have the same motor (which i doubt he knew). so he gets out of the car and walks behind mine and he hears the cam loping and his tune changed a little, he says damn man that thing is breathing good. we talked for a while and left. i follow him to the dual lanes and he strikes it, so i'm like this guy just told me he wasn't going to race, i just let him go. if i see him again i'm not gonna let him go. anyway i think it would be a good run, he is a stock m6 2000 vette, i have a m6 2000 ws6 with a cam and long tube headers, what do you guys think the outcome would be being he is lighter but i have more hp? i think it would be close.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

You would have taken him.....But you never know what he might have done to his car but assuming he is stock you would take him....

Awaiting Activation
    You would've spanked his ass!

what is you complete list of mods? What are the cam specs?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

lol good race? If you were a bad driver, you might of even taken him if he was stock.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

you should have no problem beating him if he is stock

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

God I hate that arrogant crap! I woulda raced him if I was you and not gave him any lee-way w/ telling him your mods, just talk like you're on the tip of being almost completely stock w/ a super mild cam... Then smash his hopes and dreams!!!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    You would've spanked his ass!

what is you complete list of mods? What are the cam specs?
    comp cams 224/230 582/592 114 lsa, long tube headers, straight pipe exhaust, and i guess if it counts a k&n air filter. i know what you all are gonna say get a lid get an ls6 intake, but i will be getting that stuff soon.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

oh yeah and i know he was stock.

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Depends if he can drive

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA When I meet people like that I play dumb, I act like I don't know anything about it! I usually say something that makes me look dumb so they get a good laugh. Then When they finally decide to race me I would just rape him!! Now you will have the last laugh!!

I say it would be a good race. Sounds like you have the edge but if he is a good driver might be a tight challange, but most arrogant people cannot drive. I would say you will win!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Well if he was stock with then you would have killed him for sure no question, I raced a stock vett with cat back only when all I had was the SLP cold air bs, both of us were A4s, and I took him by a car. This was at the track I ran like a 14.1 and he was at a 14.3 same MPH tho so he was pulling at the end but I still got him by a car....

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    HAHA When I meet people like that I play dumb, I act like I don't know anything about it! I usually say something that makes me look dumb so they get a good laugh. Then When they finally decide to race me I would just rape him!! Now you will have the last laugh!!

I say it would be a good race. Sounds like you have the edge but if he is a good driver might be a tight challange, but most arrogant people cannot drive. I would say you will win!
    yeah i hope so. i'm taking my car back to the shop next week for a tune, some new o2's and i may need new lifters, i may try to sneak in a ls6 intake and just tell my wife honey i had to have it put on there or it wont run right. lol

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    yeah i hope so. i'm taking my car back to the shop next week for a tune, some new o2's and i may need new lifters, i may try to sneak in a ls6 intake and just tell my wife honey i had to have it put on there or it wont run right. lol
    HAHA you sneaky Dawg!!!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

how much can i pick up one of those used?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

how much can i pick up one of those used?
    Around $300.00

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Around $300.00
    cool i think i might be able to sneak in 300 bones.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

at the swap meet i am going to pick up one for 200-250

member of the 11 sec club scramblerman's Avatar

QuickSilver
    2002 Z06 vette 405hp!!!!!

There are lot of arrogant drivers out there. Beleive me I get snubbed my vette owners, mostly C6 ones, while just giving them the vette wave. So don't worry about them. With the cam in your car you would of walked him. Not hard but would of walked him if he could drive.

Raced my buddy in his 410rwhp WS6 with 4.10's and M6 in my stock Z06 from a roll. Best race we had, we were dead even to about 100 then I started to pull away slowly. So yea you would of beat him. You have enough hp to over come the power to weight ratio between you two.

NBM
    98 trans am

so i pull out of this gas station behind this vette and follow him for like a 1/4 mile when he pulls over in this little business center. i follow him in the parking lot to talk because it's not everyday you see vettes or f-bodies where i live, i wasn't trying to race or anything i just wanted to talk cars. he immediately rolls his window down when i get beside him and says "i'm not going to race you and you wouldn't win anyway". i was like. i told him i dont know about all that now....what year is that vette? he says a 2000. i say i think it would be a good run since we have the same motor (which i doubt he knew). so he gets out of the car and walks behind mine and he hears the cam loping and his tune changed a little, he says damn man that thing is breathing good. we talked for a while and left. i follow him to the dual lanes and he strikes it, so i'm like this guy just told me he wasn't going to race, i just let him go. if i see him again i'm not gonna let him go. anyway i think it would be a good run, he is a stock m6 2000 vette, i have a m6 2000 ws6 with a cam and long tube headers, what do you guys think the outcome would be being he is lighter but i have more hp? i think it would be close.
    5+ cars

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You would have raped him without lube unless you couldn't drive for shit and he was the best driver in the world. And even then you probably would have won.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information