black
    1999 trans am ws6 a4

anyone ever race a eclipes gts turbo

ok so this guy was talking trash about how fast his eclipes is saying he would smoke any ws6 i found him on the street one day and i smoked him but he was saying his turbo messed up so i told him to meet me at drag strip but its been rained out fo the last 3 weeks i was wounding if anyone knows how bad i should beat him in a 1/4 mile my car has nittos and a slp loudmouth his has a air intake and its fwd any guesses

White/Blue
    1999 Trans Am Ws.6

He doesnt have a turbo upgrade?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

black
    1999 trans am ws6 a4

opps i meant 1998 eclipes gst turbo

Red
    91 Z28

If he is on the stock turbo you should smoke him. GSTs are good from a roll but suck from a dig since they are FWD. If he is on a upgraded turbo and running slicks, it could be interesting. The 4g63 takes well to mods so watch out for modded ones. I had a GSX and a Galant VR4 that hurt many camaro, firebird and mustang feelings.

I ran one that was heavily modded a few years ago, and was all wheel drive. I think it was called an eclipse or some type of little Mitsu economy box.

I happened to be in the chevelle luckily (he would have waxed either 4th gen I have) Went from a roll of about 30 and I pulled away at the top of second and we shut down. Then he wanted to go from a dig but that wasn't even a race, I killed him
    I just remember the kid being shocked and asking how much HP I had He mentioned he was running something like 20 or 25 lbs. of boost and this and that. Said he run's 11's and had never had trouble with an old muscle car before.

I'll admit the thing was pretty nasty sounding with a very loud turbo, I didn't doubt what he said and I was actually a bit surprised that he hung with me from a roll (for about 3 seconds ). I guess these things can be sneaky.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

The all wheel drive turbo talons and eclipse by Mitsubishi can be dangerous once mod properly. Of course most of the ones you run across are riced out. But once in a while you will see a well done one. Those are the ones to watch out for.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

But like others say if stock turbo you should have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    The all wheel drive turbo talons and eclipse by Mitsubishi can be dangerous once mod properly. Of course most of the ones you run across are riced out. But once in a while you will see a well done one. Those are the ones to watch out for.

TALON!!! That's the word I was looking for. I knew it was something like that Eagle Talon all wheel drive is what I raced. Sorry but I guess that's not the same thing as Mitsubishi Eclipse. I get those mixed up. That Eclipse name just rang a bell with me and I was thinking that might have been the car.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Yup, that's it. Had a friend that had an old DSM. He couldn't drive a five-speed when he first got it so I had to drive him around in it when he first got it.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones:2775106
    Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post

TALON!!! That's the word I was looking for. I knew it was something like that Eagle Talon all wheel drive is what I raced. Sorry but I guess that's not the same thing as Mitsubishi Eclipse. I get those mixed up. That Eclipse name just rang a bell with me and I was thinking that might have been the car.
    Well the talons is a rebadged eclipse.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I ran one that was heavily modded a few years ago, and was all wheel drive. I think it was called an eclipse or some type of little Mitsu economy box.

I happened to be in the chevelle luckily (he would have waxed either 4th gen I have) Went from a roll of about 30 and I pulled away at the top of second and we shut down. Then he wanted to go from a dig but that wasn't even a race, I killed him
    I just remember the kid being shocked and asking how much HP I had He mentioned he was running something like 20 or 25 lbs. of boost and this and that. Said he run's 11's and had never had trouble with an old muscle car before.

I'll admit the thing was pretty nasty sounding with a very loud turbo, I didn't doubt what he said and I was actually a bit surprised that he hung with me from a roll (for about 3 seconds ). I guess these things can be sneaky.
    I think you ran an Evo.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Don't know what an Evo is,,,,but I do know what a Talon is,,,it was a Talon. He was even at the cruise that night, (surrounded by muscle cars) so it kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. We left together.

Looked exactly like this thing,,,white with black wheels and all.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Don't know what an Evo is,,,,but I do know what a Talon is,,,it was a Talon. He was even at the cruise that night, (surrounded by muscle cars) so it kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. We left together.
    An Evo is the Mitsubishi Evolution based on the Lancer. It has AWD, 300 HP 2.0, runs 13 sec., and weighs around 3k. Oh, I forgot, it cost over 40k with Navi. Nasty little POS that takes well to mods. Many of these monsters on the street have well over 500 HP from 4 cyl. and KILL Corvettes. I hate these things, with AWD they hook up and by the time you stop spinning the tires the little bastard is gone.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

My cousin and I worked on a gen one eclipse gsx for the longest time, fastest we got it to go was when we pushed it down a hill.
    2002 Camaro SS Black Betty
    Suspension:
    Poly Trans mount, Solid Motor mount, Strut tower Brace
    Performance:
    SLP intake, Smooth Bellow, A.I.R Delete, M/T's on Salad Shooters
    Apperance:
    Re-Badged, Ultragauge, Whistler Mod, Racing Seats, Auto Hurst Shift Handle

black, black Twins
    93 Supra , 94 Supra Turbo

If it is a stock turbo, don't sweat it. If the turbo is aftermarket and their is a fuel system to support it, just race for fun. It is a lighter car, so all he will need is enough hp to beat your HP to weight ratio. The gearing and rpms is there already. It's a good thing that you are doing this at a track. The streets are no place to race. Thank you for that.
    It's gotta be fast and sexy.
    93 Supra T 6spd,(1 of 197) 1K WHP build under way. Streetable!!!!!
    94 Supra Turbo(1 of 549) 600 rwhp on pump gas. 700+ rwhp on race fuel.
    http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...foronemore.jpg

Thread Information