2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Anybody on here know the points system really well???

I'm not really sure where to post this but I was at the Woodward Cruise last night for the first time ever in my life having a great time, before I got pulled over by the biggest jerk of a cop I have ever met (and I used to have 13 pts. if any of you are familiar with Michigan's system that is a lot of big tickets, five to be exact in less than two years) and handed a ticket for "squeeling tires/ unnecessary noise." I know he spelled squealing wrong, so does the list of ticket costs printed on the back flap of the ticket printed by Ferndale Police Department. A state officer (who also was acting like a total jerk, wtf?!?) later on the cruise said the ticket was a four-point violation. I hope he was yanking my chain, I don't mind the $110 fine so much, that makes some sense but 4 points is more than careless driving and the same as drag racing, and that ticket can also be issued for engine revving and loud stereos, and getting four points for squealing tires or unnecessary noise is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I'm fighting it for sure, wish me luck!!!

RED
    2001 CAMARO Z

can you say lawer

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

can you say don't do a burnout on the street?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The points system works like this tickets are supposed to be a certain amount of points but i have seen cops give the same ticket for different amounts of points, so it works like this if they wanna fuck you bad they will, if they feel like being nice they will only fuck you a little.

Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

So how much does your insurance increase with 4 more points bringing your total up to 17 points. In ontario you would have lost your licence LOOOOOONG ago. you get to 8 points on our system and you are brought in for a meeting with the MTO and have to explain why you need your licence, basically no excuse will work, your licence is basically gone for a year and with our graduated licencing we have in ontario you have to start all the way back a G1 which means you can't drive at night and you need to drive with someone who has a full G licence and has been driving for 4 years.

Bright Green Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Dude I am from Ontario and I have been to one of those meetings lol. I begged for my licence down on my knees and I got it back. I am exaggerating a bit but you do have to explain that you need it. I just fought my latest speeding ticket and brought it to court and the police officer didn't show up so I was pretty lucky and those points didn't add up. I would of been down to 13 points!!! But in a week I will be down to 7 Yep I have an heavy foot...

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

spinning tires

I dont know if this will help but i live in ohio and got the same kind of ticket about 5 years ago. I talked too a lawyer and he told me that squeling tires is called disregard too the safety of the street and city. There is suppose too be no points involved in it. I would be fighting it if i was you!! Let us know how it goes.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

To win this you will ahve to shell out some money but go for it

All states are different. Fines, points, insurance increases, etc. Go to Michigans DMV website and look up the statute number and it will tell you the fine and points.

98T/Aformula
    Fight it but remember he is the one with the badge, its hard to beat that one....But good luck lol.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    I'm not really sure where to post this but I was at the Woodward Cruise last night for the first time ever in my life having a great time, before I got pulled over by the biggest jerk of a cop I have ever met (and I used to have 13 pts. if any of you are familiar with Michigan's system that is a lot of big tickets, five to be exact in less than two years) and handed a ticket for "squeeling tires/ unnecessary noise." I know he spelled squealing wrong, so does the list of ticket costs printed on the back flap of the ticket printed by Ferndale Police Department. A state officer (who also was acting like a total jerk, wtf?!?) later on the cruise said the ticket was a four-point violation. I hope he was yanking my chain, I don't mind the $110 fine so much, that makes some sense but 4 points is more than careless driving and the same as drag racing, and that ticket can also be issued for engine revving and loud stereos, and getting four points for squealing tires or unnecessary noise is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I'm fighting it for sure, wish me luck!!!
    here you go, for $30 and some study U can beat it.....trust me it works.
    www.beatmyspeedingticket.com
    and u are welcome in advance

Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    here you go, for $30 and some study U can beat it.....trust me it works.
    www.beatmyspeedingticket.com
    and u are welcome in advance

1. That site is for speeding tickets. 2. It looks like that site was made in 1999. and 3. That is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 93 Trans Paz View Post
    1. That site is for speeding tickets. 2. It looks like that site was made in 1999. and 3. That is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen.
    Hey there tiger, I beat a ticket using that right there....so STFU newb.....

Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

well my first point is legit, that site is for speeding tickets, therefore rendering it useless to him for his tire sqeeling ticekt. If it has information on all tickets then I am sorry for ever doubting you. I personally wouldn't spend 30 bucks on a non guaranteed out of a ticket.

Yeah, that was a big problem, he wrote no statute number for me to look up! So I called up Michigan Secretary of State main office in Lansing and they called their ticket processing branch and long story short, the state cop was yanking my chain; it is considered a local ordinance and is not recognized by the state in any way, not as points or even as part of my driving record. I cancelled my request for an appeal and paid the $110.

Oh and by the way, I don't have 13 points any more, each ticket is removed from your license after 2 years and all of the tickets are gone except one 3-point ticket, and that will disappear this coming October.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Here in NJ they call burn outs "Exhibition of Speed". I wouldn't be surprised if it carried points here. When they had that HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane you would get a fine and 2 points for being in the lane if you didn't have a passenger. How the hell that constitues getting points on your license is beyond me. If I got a parking ticket here in Jersey I'd be worried about getting points, surcharges, my insurance company dropping me, ect..
    Sorry had to vent and glad to here you didn't get any points.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have had friends get tickets for burn outs that carried points on them, they have tickets that are somewhat vague jsut so they can charge you as much as they want. Check the amounts on a state website deosnt really help i got a THC ticket it was 203dollars my friend got one about 10miles away from where I got mine, in a city that borders mien and his was 350dollars so you never know what there gonna do.

Thread Information