Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Alright end to a shitty day

I thought I would go out and spread my misery; so I took out the WS6 for some fun. Well I past by a 96-98 GT that sounded different than stock as he came by he was letting it tach up a bit. The road was pretty empty, so I turned around and caught up with him. We were headed out of town on a four lane highway which is a pretty good set-up. So finally I cruise up and pass slightly and toss him a rev and he takes the bait. I let him get even with me and wait for him to get on it. It was probably a 50 roll and I didn't even need to go down to third. Afterwards, he was pretty quiet as he went on his way.

On my way back into town, I find these two guys out in, I guess, one of those Shelby Cobra Kit Cars. Those things are way too rare for anyone to really street race one of them. But anyways, the thing is pretty loud. I ran him twice from about 50 to 90. This time I went down to third and it was close for a little and then me pulling on him faster and faster. By shutdown I had him 5 CL easily. I would have liked to get a close up on it, but they kept on driving.

It is getting late by now, so I decide to head home. On the way this Subaru WRX STI that I raced about a month ago pulls out a few cars ahead of me. Well I must have really embarrased him because I pulled up on his left and gave the throttle a quick stab. The guy had his window down and wouldn't even look my way. I laughed a good bit of the way home. It was kinda funny because STI boy was the one that asked me if I wanted to race.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

its funny. when hearing about fbodies vs. stangs from rolls, the fbody ALWAYS waits for the stang to hit it

hmmm

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

sounds like a good day. how much hp do the shelbys make? what do u mean kit car?

nice kills!

Black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

kit car like another cars engine and chassis but the body is changed to whatever the kit is, sort of like a conversion kit.
    2001hawk is your car stock or does it have any mods done to it?
    also how much did you beat that Subaru WRX STI by you raced a few months ago?
    Last edited by iceman504; 03-28-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by iceman504 View Post
    kit car like another cars engine and chassis but the body is changed to whatever the kit is.
    ohhh. ok

so what engine was in this car then?

Black & Black

I am assuming the Shelby was one of the kits that when it is done it looks like the original car. I can't be 100% on the motor that was in it, but since my WS6 is pretty loud and his exhaust sounded deeper than mine, I think it was the 429. Regardless I am going to try to find out either by asking around or if I see it again. As for letting the mustang jump first, unless it is some kind of modded there isn't a GT that will run with the WS6. On the WRX, I believe it was 50-90 and I must have put 8-10 CL's on him.

The firehawk is a 2001 H/C LS1 with the M6. Heads are from AFR, lifters from Lunati, roller rockers, pushrods, and cam from Comp, MSD coil packs and wires, NGK iridium plugs, cometic head gaskets SLP long tubes and sfc's
    I know I am forgetting some stuff. It is dynotuned at 388 rwhp and tq.

The WS6, is a 2002 - 6 Speed. Mods areSLP air box lid and bellows, FAST 90mm intake and PTM throttle body, Patriot stage 2 heads, Lunati voodoo cam, Hooker headers, !cats, GMMG chambered exhaust, Centerforce Dual Fricton clutch, Viper kit in tranny, Moser 12-bolt rear w/Eaton posi and 4.11 gears, Baer Eradispeed rotors (2-piece front, 1 piece rear), full Spohn alphabet soup, sway bar, adj. torque arm and panhard bar

Pics are at: www.fquick.com/2001Hawk

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Gotdam that thing is modded out the ass. I was looking at how short the races were and the distance you left them and was about to call

Then I saw your mod list....
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    its funny. when hearing about fbodies vs. stangs from rolls, the fbody ALWAYS waits for the stang to hit it

hmmm
    No...the Z28 I raced jumped me. Bastard

Lol, when I am in the WS6 I always wait for the 'stang too!
    It just doesn't seem RIGHT not to.

The first race I ever had in my 5.0 was against some guy in a Z28 that hit it while he was still 1 CL behind me. WTF!?!?!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    No...the Z28 I raced jumped me. Bastard

Lol, when I am in the WS6 I always wait for the 'stang too!
    It just doesn't seem RIGHT not to.

The first race I ever had in my 5.0 was against some guy in a Z28 that hit it while he was still 1 CL behind me. WTF!?!?!
    hahaha. yea no disrespect to mustangs, thats just how it always seems to happen.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I see that youre modded, but I dont see you freight training a sub 3000# car with a 427+ , I can believe that you pulled it but 5 cl from 50-90 doesnt even sound like he was in it.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    I see that youre modded, but I dont see you freight training a sub 3000# car with a 427+ , I can believe that you pulled it but 5 cl from 50-90 doesnt even sound like he was in it.

Exactly, 5 car lengths is alot of space with only 40mph of punch time, especially w/ a 427. It does sound like you have a nice TA there though

Black & Black

I have no way of knowing exactly what motor he had, since he didnt stop. I do know he had another guy with him. And he did get on it, because I was sitting there in the right lane. I have to believe it was some big block because his exhaust had a deeper tone than mine and that is something of its own considering heads, cam, full exhaust, no cats, and GMMG. Also since I had a couple of CL on him there is no way for me to know if he came out of the throttle at say 75 or whether it was just time for a shift.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Those guys who mod those cars don't usually put big blocks in them. I have seen a few of them at car shows, and a few on sale on ebay. Most have small blocks, with a few with big blocks. Gears might be tall...I mean there are a lot of variables.

But, I don't think the guy came on here to pull our frickin leg after having a shitty day.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Probably a small block w/ open headers. good kills

Badbluebird, anywhere near tallahassee?

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Probably a small block w/ open headers. good kills

Badbluebird, anywhere near tallahassee?
    Nope..Columbus,GA

Thread Information