Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Awaiting Activation

'99 Z28 vs. '06 Mustang GT !!!!!!

So im out cruising and about to go home when i spot a new '06 Mustang GT premium - an auto. So i catch up and start to pace him - he does nothing. Then i look inside the guys about 25yrs old and has a radar so i figure hes game.

So a few lights later were lined up and we both start off slow pacing eachother. Then we both hit it from about a 20mph roll. He definatly got the jump on me as i was waiting for him to hit it. By the end of 1st we were very close me ahead by a nose. I chirped hard into 2nd and by the end of 2nd i had about 1/2 car. Then into 3rd. When i was doing about 80-85 in 3rd i shut it down. I had 1- 1 1/2 cars on him and was pulling. Then at the next light i notice something that made the kill even better. His license plate: HRSPWER I guess he needs a little more of it. lol

WOW!!! i was the most exciting kill i have ever had! I have wanted to race a new GT for a while now. It felt so good. This guy must be at home thinking- I just spent 30K on my new GT got my cool license plate and some teenager in an '99 chevy just beat me.

My car is a 6spd with SLP lid, maf, and bellows, borla and a pro 5.0 and i have 75k on it. He was the only one in his car and i had a friend. So he definately had the weight advantage.

I have never been prouder to own an F-BODY.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I just destroyed an Fbody at the track yesterday, my first. We both started out even, but I pulled on him and beat him by .4 tenths in the 1/4. His 60 was better than mine, but I had him by the 1/8th. The guy was cool though, we said "good race" to each other and went our separate ways.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-05-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1999 Z28

''I just destroyed an Fbody at the track yesterday, my first. We both started out even, but I pulled on him and beat him by .4 tenths in the 1/4. His 60 was better than mine, but I had him by the 1/8th. The guy was cool though, we said "good race" to each other and went our separate ways''

Congratulations with your 05 Mustang, but I don't really care. This is LS1 forums not the Fix Or Repair Daily forum. But yea congratulations your 30K car beating a 10k car. Good job.
    Last edited by BWA2110; 08-09-2006 at 04:52 PM.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

It has nothing to do with the price of the car. A car that is seven years old or 20 years old, if you paid $2000.00 or $50000.00. Say they still make a mustang they have not made a Camaro for five years.

One day when or if they bring back the new Camaro it will be heaiver and more money than the base mustang gt. Yes I know it will have more power.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    I just destroyed an Fbody at the track yesterday, my first. We both started out even, but I pulled on him and beat him by .4 tenths in the 1/4. His 60 was better than mine, but I had him by the 1/8th. The guy was cool though, we said "good race" to each other and went our separate ways.
    The next time you encounter an LS1 the outcome will likely be much different, so don't be surprised.

Black
    99 SS

that guy must not of know how to drive his f body if you beat him by that much i watched the 05's run 14's all day long here

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    that guy must not of know how to drive his f body if you beat him by that much i watched the 05's run 14's all day long here
    Maybe his car is modded?

As far as telling someone to go to another site, why? I think its cool that we have competition coming in here to tell some stories or even give advice.

I mean shit, you want a ford coming in here to brag or a honda?

Your choice.

Black
    99 SS

but its obvious he is coming on here to start shit, look at his post and post count, there are a bunch of resident Ford guys here that pose no problems on the board

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

aaah the ford vs chevy battle ...always entertaining

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Good kill 99 blue z !

But to camarofan, When you say that you destroyed an f-body like what year and make? Cause dude your mustang ran 14.6 @94 Mph on your last posts time slip. 5800ft or not there was 60 degree weather which makes the density altitude less than that, however that is still rather weak for you to be able to destroy an ls1 fbody even with a rather poor driver. Your 4.10's will help a little but i could even miss a shift in my ls1 and still run down a new gt mustang like a red headed step child. My car ran a 12.9 @110 at sea level and 13.7 @105 at 4000ft altitude in hot weather on street tires stock with just an mti lid(98 Z28 M6. Plus u post up and assume that your going to pick up 1.2 seconds and run a 13.4 stock just from going to sea level you can't just assume the correction however you could see up to a 1 second gain if you can get traction with the extra power, there are more factors involved. But even with sea level correction assumed your mph is super weak @94 mph and even at sea level the new gt mustangs are weak on the top end and are easy pray for ls1 fbodys. I've already repeated this race personally on several occasions and "destroyed" new mustangs in my ls1. And I know for a fact that other fellow ls1 owners have experienced similar results and in addition that other mustang owners have consequently suffered similar fates.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 08-07-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Good kill 99 blue z !

But to camarofan, When you say that you destroyed an f-body like what year and make? Cause dude your mustang ran 14.6 @94 Mph on your last posts time slip. 5800ft or not there was 60 degree weather which makes the density altitude less than that, however that is still rather weak for you to be able to destroy an ls1 fbody even with a rather poor driver. Your 4.10's will help a little but i could even miss a shift in my ls1 and still run down a new gt mustang like a red headed step child. My car ran a 12.9 @110 at sea level and 13.7 @105 at 4000ft altitude in hot weather on street tires stock with just an mti lid(98 Z28 M6. Plus u post up and assume that your going to pick up 1.2 seconds and run a 13.4 stock just from going to sea level you can't just assume the correction however you could see up to a 1 second gain if you can get traction with the extra power, there are more factors involved. But even with sea level correction assumed your mph is super weak @94 mph and even at sea level the new gt mustangs are weak on the top end and are easy pray for ls1 fbodys. I've already repeated this race personally on several occasions and "destroyed" new mustangs in my ls1. And I know for a fact that other fellow ls1 owners have experienced similar results and in addition that other mustang owners have consequently suffered similar fates.
    LOL, after having said all that, guess what the F bodys where running?............(silence) .............
    anywhere from 14.4 to 15.2's. Yes, there were some running 13's, and I think one WS6 running 12's. There was a lot of Juice flowing that day. Pretty close times compared to me considering many LS1's are not stock anymore. I'm spinning like a top right now with these tires. I should be in the 13's soon with some grip. None of the mighty LS1's reached 100mph that weren't heavily modded. I've never ran at 4000 ft, but try running an N/A car at 5800 ft and post a 13.7. I haven't seen 05+ GTO's do it, neither have I seen any fbody's do it. I saw a Viper(Don't know what year) barely get into the 13's. Come to Bandimere speedway with an N/A Maro and get 13's. If you do that, I'll publicly announce LS1's as king of the road. At 5800 feet up here, My friends 04 Cobra was barely into the 13's and he has 414RWHP, I know, I know, Fbodys dyno at 415 bone stock right?
    Anyway, When I KB this thing, I'd be happy to spank the bottom of that Maro of yours until it's red . That won't be the only Fbody I beat and I'm sure I'll get beat by some. According to most theories on here, my 4.10's should get me closer to you guys times stock. That theory the was proven wrong when I met up with a Camaro SS and STI that was in battle. I purposely got behind The SS. The SS sounded sweet. He definately had some exhaust work in it. When they punched it, I climbed up the Maros arse and had to brake. He didn't take that well. LS1 boyz are spoiled. I lined up against them both to do a three way, but they didn't bite. I tried to roll down my window to ask him for a friendly race, but he punched it to fly by me and I Launched it in time enough to stop his lil pull, I was going to go into 2nd when he hit the turn signal and turned off. If you're blown, You'd better be able to get an N/A stang straight from the lot. Try missing a shift against an 05/07 stang that's KB'd/whippled/ or Pro charged. Since you're blown and like to pick on N/A stangs, here's your match. Maybe try missing a shift with this stang.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-08-2006 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Sounds like a few to many and a little to much for someone!

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by BWA2110 View Post
    Congratulations with your 05 Mustang, but I don't really care. This is LS1 forums not the Fix Or Repair Daily forum. But yea congratulations your 30K car beating a 10k car. Good job.
    I like Ls1's. Don't be a sore loser. You win some and you lose some. He got his arse whipped. I've been beaten by an LS1, it was cammed though. Don't pout.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitez28ss View Post
    The next time you encounter an LS1 the outcome will likely be much different, so don't be surprised.
    Been there, done that. The Cammed one's I can't touch. I'm not supposed to be able to. When I get my stage 3's, it'll be different. Stock one's or close to stock one's pose no threat. Whoever drives the best on any given day wins. You guys think you drive a C6 Z06, but you don't. Now those, could own me with even a novice driver. For the record, I love all of your cars, I'm a fan of the big 3. There's just a lot of talk on here that's a little stretched, that's all. Wish we could settle it on the track. I'll just continue to piss of more LS1's around here. Not all, but the one's that are modded similar to me.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-08-2006 at 01:49 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    but its obvious he is coming on here to start shit, look at his post and post count, there are a bunch of resident Ford guys here that pose no problems on the board
    I don't start it, I just love to expose the It's causing a problem when I post an LS1 kill? Sore losers man.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-08-2006 at 01:54 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Dude the only bs you are exsposing is your own. you sound like a ricer saying when i'm kenny belled i'll spank your camaro, well when pigs fly maybe that will happen. Plus my ls1 is stock and it's my 89 camaro thats blown and your gonna need a lot more than just a kenny bell to mess with that car, i've already put bus lengths on a local kenny bell 03 cobra in my 89 camaro. Besides just by posting the link to some mustang that has 614 horsepower built by some high dollar race shop doesn't mean nothing, what do you have bro and what have you built, would you even know how to work on your car if you had to. I built all my cars myself for a fraction of the cost. Once again wake up from computer and magazine land or go back to svo.com or something your car runs 14.6 @94.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 08-08-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Dude the only bs you are exsposing is your own. you sound like a ricer saying when i'm kenny belled i'll spank your camaro, well when pigs fly maybe that will happen. Plus my ls1 is stock and it's my 89 camaro thats blown and your gonna need a lot more than just a kenny bell to mess with that car, i've already put bus lengths on a local kenny bell 03 cobra in my 89 camaro. Besides just by posting the link to some mustang that has 614 horsepower built by some high dollar race shop doesn't mean nothing, what do you have bro and what have you built, would you even know how to work on your car if you had to. I built all my cars myself for a fraction of the cost. Once again wake up from computer and magazine land or go back to svo.com or something your car runs 14.6 @94.
    As a matter of fact, you are correct at what I ran at my track. Which is brutal. Lemme point out here, that this is my time on the left, and a Camaro(98-00ish) on the right. It's one of my 14.7 runs. He had me by a nose or so on the Launch too, which is good for him because usually we out launch them.

I saw this guy run a 14.8 or so once. He just didn't do it then. You know how things go at the track. Anyway, there's the spanking. It shoudn't have happened according to most here because you believe you have 200 or so Hp and TQ on us like the C6's. If you bring that stock LS1 down here, you'll be doing anywhere from 93 to about 98mph if your lucky.

Yes, indeed, I know how to work on cars. Learned how to do so years ago. And I know what to do to become top dog. It's all about the dinero. The link shows the potential of the stang that you say couldn't touch you. Congrats on the 89 maro. You must be running 8's or 9's in that thing if you put bus lengths on a KB Cobra. Either that or BS. If you're N/A and not cammed, you should come on Down to Morrison, Colorado and run that Maro. I hope i'm there to humble you a little. You seem like the type to beat the crap out of me in the 1/4 spraying a 100 shot and then saying you are all stock though. Heck, even if you're cammed, you'd get around a 13.5ish up there.
    By the way, the converted times are amazingly on target because I have a friend who drives a Maro that has gone down the strip at Kansas. He ran a 12.5. Up here, he ran 13.6. He needs traction bad. His car is worked over good.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-08-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Thread Information