Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

96 turbo civic vs 02 z28

Well my friend just bought a turboed civic and he wont stop asking me when we are goin to race, i just say when ever. I really dont care cuz i know how honda's do when they get a hold of boost and i told him i will get beat but not too bad and i will show him how a stock v8 compares to his civic. well he got it dynoed and put down fwhp234 and my friend rode in it and told me it is pretty quick but knows mine will win. either way i am gonna get it on video with blue02Z gettin some runs too. wish us luck ha.

silver
    2002 ws6

go from a dig and you'll smoke him badly. hondas are flaming gay.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

^

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Well my friend just bought a turboed civic and he wont stop asking me when we are goin to race, i just say when ever. I really dont care cuz i know how honda's do when they get a hold of boost and i told him i will get beat but not too bad and i will show him how a stock v8 compares to his civic. well he got it dynoed and put down fwhp234 and my friend rode in it and told me it is pretty quick but knows mine will win. either way i am gonna get it on video with blue02Z gettin some runs too. wish us luck ha.
    It depends on too many factors. The driver. The weight of the car. The type of turbo setup he has and whether he is making good power under the curve. My bet is on you taking the cake.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    It depends on too many factors. The driver. The weight of the car. The type of turbo setup he has and whether he is making good power under the curve. My bet is on you taking the cake.
    +1.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Pewter
    99 z28

u'll beat it.... 234whp sounds like a single cam on low boost. and those single cams have noooo torque what so ever..... run em for money....

Edit: that thing made 234whp, with probably 160wtq. if that.

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    u'll beat it.... 234whp sounds like a single cam on low boost. and those single cams have noooo torque what so ever..... run em for money....

Edit: that thing made 234whp, with probably 160wtq. if that.
    Or it could be a B-series motor with a small turbo setup. A D-series making 234whp on stock internals is impressive for a street car. Those engines have pencils for rods.

On the grim side, I've seen mild turbo setups like these go well into the 13s and trap well over 100mph in the 1/4.... but I've also seen them run in the 15s. It all depends on how well the car is set up and tuned. 9/10 times, the car isn't set up properly from my experience.

Once you get done with that pansy Civic, go out and race some real imports.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

haha told you clint race him from a dig

also, Superluminal, he has run a pretty stout STi before and beat it. this kid with the civic works for a place called mvpmotorsports which do crazy ass shit to imports. also mod vipers and ferraris

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    haha told you clint race him from a dig

also, Superluminal, he has run a pretty stout STi before and beat it. this kid with the civic works for a place called mvpmotorsports which do crazy ass shit to imports. also mod vipers and ferraris
    I remember posting in that forum. He didn't really beat it, he beat the driver.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

98% of civics that are turbo arent setup to launch or get tractions, so go from a dig and tell us what happens.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

99% of turbo Hondas blow up. Its the nature of boosting a very small, high compression, open deck block economy engine. They also like to trash transmissions and axles on a regular basis.

The ones that do make it down the track tend to run shitty times because they are trying to put all kinds of power down through a light FWD chassis with small tires. Doesn't work. And of course the turbo lag doesn't help.

There's a kid building a turbo CRX in our shop now. Its a 1.8L VTEC engine, he's been tuning it for days with his wideband. His oil return line from the turbo consists of a piece of heater hose with worm gear hose clamps on each end attatched to a plastic pipe JB welded into the side of the oil pan. Ricers never cease to amaze in their stupidity.

Run that Civic and whoop him. One of my friends had a 1.8 VTEC boosted running 10PSI in his "bubble", put down 270WHP. His best time was 14.0 @ 112. Then it blew up. Not even kidding, it threw a rod on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    99% of turbo Hondas blow up. Its the nature of boosting a very small, high compression, open deck block economy engine. They also like to trash transmissions and axles on a regular basis.

The ones that do make it down the track tend to run shitty times because they are trying to put all kinds of power down through a light FWD chassis with small tires. Doesn't work. And of course the turbo lag doesn't help.

There's a kid building a turbo CRX in our shop now. Its a 1.8L VTEC engine, he's been tuning it for days with his wideband. His oil return line from the turbo consists of a piece of heater hose with worm gear hose clamps on each end attatched to a plastic pipe JB welded into the side of the oil pan. Ricers never cease to amaze in their stupidity.

Run that Civic and whoop him. One of my friends had a 1.8 VTEC boosted running 10PSI in his "bubble", put down 270WHP. His best time was 14.0 @ 112. Then it blew up. Not even kidding, it threw a rod on the highway.
    .... however, if the right parts are had, and no shortcuts are taken, they can be built to produce some power. My buddy has a completely stock K20 engine with a Full Race GT35R turbo kit in a Civic hatchback and his best is a 10.66@133mph on slicks running 14psi boost. He is consistently high 10s every run. The car has had this setup for about 1.5 years, has made over 100 passes, and is a full street trim car. We just checked the compression last month, and everything is still in excellent shape.

Moral of the story, you go building any car with Home Depot specials, zip ties, and JB weld... you're going to have issues. You build and tune it right, with the right parts, and you will see much less problems and the car will likely run hard.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

ive experienced something simular:

1 buddy has a bone stock 06 GTO Other buddy has a 96 civic boosted with internals said he was puttin over 300 to the wheels...

long story short civ pulled on him about 2-3 cars FROM A ROLL .. dont play the boost game and run from a digg a wise man once told me rolls are for bakers

either run him from a dig or run him till he breaks something lol
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

silver
    2002 ws6

.... however, if the right parts are had, and no shortcuts are taken, they can be built to produce some power. My buddy has a completely stock K20 engine with a Full Race GT35R turbo kit in a Civic hatchback and his best is a 10.66@133mph on slicks running 14psi boost. He is consistently high 10s every run. The car has had this setup for about 1.5 years, has made over 100 passes, and is a full street trim car. We just checked the compression last month, and everything is still in excellent shape.

Moral of the story, you go building any car with Home Depot specials, zip ties, and JB weld... you're going to have issues. You build and tune it right, with the right parts, and you will see much less problems and the car will likely run hard.
    why put that much money into a civic only for it to still be worthless...

white
    2000 Z28

237whp boosted??? dont the new civics make like 200 crank hp. granted that is probably 60-70 more whp but that still doesnt necessarily sound too stout to me. he better have some major weight reduction going on. race him from a dig and its no chance for the honda. roll depends on where your starting. if you start in your power he is still done.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

you got it man go for it.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    why put that much money into a civic only for it to still be worthless...
    Car = $1000 - (old CX hatch with 120k miles)
    Engine = $3000 - sourced from a crashed USDM RSX-Type S (got deal here)
    Turbo Setup = $3000 - bought a used complete kit
    Misc stuffs = $1000 - suspension, mounts, KPRO, new paint job (good deal here), other misc.

This car was built from the ground up by us. The whole thing was stripped out cleaned, painted, and put back together. It's a very clean car, not some junkbox.

If you've been counting, that's $8000 complete for a 10.66@133mph street car. You'll be hard pressed to find a nice F-body for that price, let alone one that can run anywhere near 10s in the 1/4. I understand F-bodies hold their value though.

Worthless.... maybe, but it wasn't too expensive for a car of this caliber since we didn't build the motor or spend money on stupid shit. All the funds were allocated correctly and the car was done right the first time, by us.

50-110 pull on 12psi:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsg2HZskXbk&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsg2HZskXbk&feature=channel[/ame]

Here is a 10.69@133mph run from early this year on 12psi (announcer is funny):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYDiy3dBFk&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYDiy3dBFk&feature=channel_page[/ame]
    Last edited by Superluminal; 10-28-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

who cares if its a honda.. that thing is wicked fast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

I remember posting in that forum. He didn't really beat it, he beat the driver.
    true, but what i am saying is there isnt much REAL imports around here unless you consider 1200whp supras or 600whp vr4s

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

Smoke him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and get it on VIDEO!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<Hates Imports

Thread Information