Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

'96-'98 Mustang GT

Kind of funny.

I was in town heading to go to a family members birthday party. I get into town and my dad calls me and asks where I'm at and I tell him. He tells me his plumber is at my house because he(my dad) thought I was at home. My water heater went out yesterday so that is why he had called his plumber. So after he tells me the plumber is at my house waiting on me, I pull a u-turn and start heading back home.

So Im heading out of town back to my house so the plumber wouldn't be waiting long or leave. Anyways, as I'm coming up to the next to last stop light there is a Mustang GT with a couple guys in it thinking there hot shit fucking around with an older primer colored Nova. I pass them minding my own business continueing out of town. They speed up weaving through a couple cars to get side by side with me as we catch a red light at the last stop light.

I'm in the right lane, they're in the left lane. He starts revving his junker and then does a pussy ass burnout(trying to show off to me I guess, as well as the Nova that was behind me). I'm just minding my own business waiting for the damn light to turn green. He is still revving like an idiot and I kind of give him a "what a dumbass" smirk.

The light turns green he punches it, so I punch it, we both spin, I was already two cars ahead of him when I finally caught traction and by the time I hit 80 I was probally a bus length and a half a head of him. I coast back down to about 55mph or so and he comes flying up and gets beside me and throws me a rev and then downshifts and takes off, I instantly drop it into D and punch it and put a car and a half on him before I made my turn into my neighborhood.

All in all it was fun. Definiatly got the blood flowing, even though it was an older, slower Mustang GT.

Still nice to know, that at 183xxx miles and counting, my LS1 can still humiliate some people.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    Kind of funny.

I was in town heading to go to a family members birthday party. I get into town and my dad calls me and asks where I'm at and I tell him. He tells me his plumber is at my house because he(my dad) thought I was at home. My water heater went out yesterday so that is why he had called his plumber. So after he tells me the plumber is at my house waiting on me, I pull a u-turn and start heading back home.

So Im heading out of town back to my house so the plumber wouldn't be waiting long or leave. Anyways, as I'm coming up to the next to last stop light there is a Mustang GT with a couple guys in it thinking there hot shit fucking around with an older primer colored Nova. I pass them minding my own business continueing out of town. They speed up weaving through a couple cars to get side by side with me as we catch a red light at the last stop light.

I'm in the right lane, they're in the left lane. He starts revving his junker and then does a pussy ass burnout(trying to show off to me I guess, as well as the Nova that was behind me). I'm just minding my own business waiting for the damn light to turn green. He is still revving like an idiot and I kind of give him a "what a dumbass" smirk.

The light turns green he punches it, so I punch it, we both spin, I was already two cars ahead of him when I finally caught traction and by the time I hit 80 I was probally a bus length and a half a head of him. I coast back down to about 55mph or so and he comes flying up and gets beside me and throws me a rev and then downshifts and takes off, I instantly drop it into D and punch it and put a car and a half on him before I made my turn into my neighborhood.

All in all it was fun. Definiatly got the blood flowing, even though it was an older, slower Mustang GT.

Still nice to know, that at 183xxx miles and counting, my LS1 can still humiliate some people.
    haha another poon tang kill. good job
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Why do mildly modded '96-98 Mustang guys even try?

Nice kill!
    97 Z28 1LE #53 11.08/122.84 N/A, 9.82/131.06 150-shot

02 WS6 M6, STOCK H/C/I, 3189 lbs., 11.77/113.02 (1.59 60')

08 Mercedez C63 AMG, FOR SALE!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108586

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post

Nice kill!
    i dunno whats worse---- 2v 4.6's or civics.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i dunno whats worse---- 2v 4.6's or civics.
    haha i'd say two-valves (No offense Mogs01, wherever you are ).

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I would love to build a 98 Gt...
    seriously

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    haha another poon tang kill. good job
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post

Nice kill!
    Thanks.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I remember test driving a white 98 mustang gt convertible back in 98, we went on a slight up hill street and i went WOT with it and was wondering what happened to the car did it get left behind. I took it immediatly back to the dealer and told the salesperson i wont be interested at all and soon after bought a 95Z. I think many buy mustangs because they dont test drive Camaro's or T/A's to see the difference but i do understand the other few that like the look and other benefits. Back to the race, good kill.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah my old 96' GT would crawl up hills. I was convinced my 93' altima 5 speed was faster than my GT was. Then I bought a 350rwhp WS6 with 4.11's....

Made me wonder how people considered anything mustang that wasn't a cobra or saleen or roush a performance car.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

my 97 gt 5-speed ran a pathetic 14.8 1/4 stock.with a 3.73 gear,k&n filter,flowmasters,and 70mm svt throttle body it improved to an equally pathetic 14.3 1/4 mile.maybe a 100 shot of nitrous would have got me running with a stock ls1.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

the stock 2Vs had a really low compression as well and shitty heads.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

even worse is the guys that think they'll ever make a 96-98 convertible fast. My brother thought he would once. after full exhaust from headers all the way back, pullies, cai, programmer, and a couple supsension mods, the car would still only do 14.8's thru the 1/4. he finally gave up and sold it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Damn, kinda sucks when pple dont know how to build them right.
    Give me a 96-98GT 5 speed and i will make it "fast" for ya.
    without the use of nitrous ; )

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Possibly. But, think about what you'd end up putting into a 96-98 just to get it up to par with an LS1. Unless you were just a die hard mustang fan, is it really worth the funds/trouble?

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Possibly. But, think about what you'd end up putting into a 96-98 just to get it up to par with an LS1. Unless you were just a die hard mustang fan, is it really worth the funds/trouble?
    No.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

the 96-98 mustang gt's can be made fast but damn the price will be high.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Mine was a fucking turd. Sounded good, looked good. Enough torque to make it fun but man did that thing die in the top end. Ran a best of 14.2 or .3 with 4.10s and o/r y at sub like 96mph

red
    2000 camaro ss

theyre definately beat. i've seen a geo run 9's, and it's still beat.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I was talking to a 03 cobra vert owner yesterday, well long story short he was like i dont like Camaro's nor did i like cobra's but since this was a supercharged Cobra i bought it. I told him are you planning on doing all the regular mods that most people do with the cobra he said ya im gonna do pulley and so on. If he test drove a camaro even with a supercharged cobra he would see and feel that a stock cobra is just as fast maybe a bit faster then a Z28 or SS. Sure you can do a few upgrades to it and get 450+RWHP out of the car but then again you can put 100-150 shot of nitrous on a LS1 and still not worry. So any car can get modded up and go fast its just what appeals to the buyer and mustangs are very appealing especially with a supercharger on one, either way i had many chances to buy a 03-04 mustang cobra and after test driving a few i bought another camaro.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I was talking to a 03 cobra vert owner yesterday, well long story short he was like i dont like Camaro's nor did i like cobra's but since this was a supercharged Cobra i bought it. I told him are you planning on doing all the regular mods that most people do with the cobra he said ya im gonna do pulley and so on. If he test drove a camaro even with a supercharged cobra he would see and feel that a stock cobra is just as fast maybe a bit faster then a Z28 or SS. Sure you can do a few upgrades to it and get 450+RWHP out of the car but then again you can put 100-150 shot of nitrous on a LS1 and still not worry. So any car can get modded up and go fast its just what appeals to the buyer and mustangs are very appealing especially with a supercharger on one, either way i had many chances to buy a 03-04 mustang cobra and after test driving a few i bought another camaro.

Thread Information