Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

3.8 Firebird VS 01GT

This guy at my school wants to race me at the track, hes got an 01 GT with exhaust, I`m still in my v6 3800 firebird with exhaust and tires, nothing more at the moment, Looking forward to being destroyed, how badly do you think it would be? His is a manual also, But I just want to give myself a reason to go out to the track and so what kind of numbers im running before i bite into the engine and buy mods next year!

Thanks!

Main question, If im going to lose, how badly will I lose?

98 Z28

his car shouldbe running mid 14 to low 14's, you should be about 2 to 3 seconds behind, your car is heavier

black
    2002 firebird trans am

id say you probably lose by about .25 to .5 seconds...depending how good you both are at driving.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Sweet! Ive been doing a lot of drag racing recently in a 2010 camaro just for fun, on offdays when the track wasnt running numbers, So ive been working on my launches, The kid driving the GT hasnt ever been on a track before, and hes terrible at shifting, I was sitting at a light with him and his car died twice, so if I pull off the line really well, which I have been recently in the cars im in, I should be really close to a race with him if he still doesnt know how to shift right, hes just a lot of talk, and he requested we bring people from our school so they can watch, Hes just a spectator kinda "I want attention" person, So it could be pretty close, but if we were both the same driver, no doubt id be behind him, but Maybe ill have a chance!

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by AfterYou View Post
    Sweet! Ive been doing a lot of drag racing recently in a 2010 camaro just for fun, on offdays when the track wasnt running numbers, So ive been working on my launches, The kid driving the GT hasnt ever been on a track before, and hes terrible at shifting, I was sitting at a light with him and his car died twice, so if I pull off the line really well, which I have been recently in the cars im in, I should be really close to a race with him if he still doesnt know how to shift right, hes just a lot of talk, and he requested we bring people from our school so they can watch, Hes just a spectator kinda "I want attention" person, So it could be pretty close, but if we were both the same driver, no doubt id be behind him, but Maybe ill have a chance!
    If that's the case you have the advantage. He may launch too hard, spin the tires, and miss a shift or 3 being under the pressure of friends watching. You are expected to lose you are running a V6 v/s V8. Just keep your cool and get a good launch, hit your shift points, and you may win. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    If that's the case you have the advantage. He may launch too hard, spin the tires, and miss a shift or 3 being under the pressure of friends watching. You are expected to lose you are running a V6 v/s V8. Just keep your cool and get a good launch, hit your shift points, and you may win. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
    Thanks! Yeah and these are all people i dont really care about watching, so they wont bother me a bit, and no pressure at all, im okay with a win or lose, i just wanna have some fun at the track with my car

silver
    2002 ws6

it is believed that emo hair adds 7-8 tenths of a second on your 1\4 mile.

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

hey i drive a 2002 z28 and got beat by a 2007 v6 mustang.. well it did and a supercharger and full bolt-ons lol.. we raced twice and he beat me the first time and i beat him the second.. it kinda sucked say i lost to a v6 but i know the kid and he has like $27,000 in his car and ive only got about $11,000 in mine..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Don't you have a N2O bottle in your car? Hook it up an kick his ass sea bass!
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    it is believed that emo hair adds 7-8 tenths of a second on your 1\4 mile.
    -_-

Also about the Nitrous, Im not allowed to use it, its been completely removed from my car, and they removed the bottle holder too, Im being honest, I`m not ready for a v8 or a v6 with nitrous, i havent been driving all to long, and i need to learn, instead of try and learn to fast, and crash or lose control, i just needa get some exp

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Take all the extra crap out of it.. You will take him.. Gutted, high-mid 13's are possible with an N/A 3800-II with bolt ons..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Take all the extra crap out of it.. You will take him.. Gutted, high-mid 13's are possible with an N/A 3800-II with bolt ons..
    Oh and I'm not saying gut your car.. Just take out the spare tire and little things like that, books (if in school).. Running only half a tank of gas will help too.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

...and get video too!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by AfterYou View Post
    -_-

Also about the Nitrous, Im not allowed to use it, its been completely removed from my car, and they removed the bottle holder too, Im being honest, I`m not ready for a v8 or a v6 with nitrous, i havent been driving all to long, and i need to learn, instead of try and learn to fast, and crash or lose control, i just needa get some exp
    Tell him you'll race him, hook the bottle up and show up with yer pops. You show up with a faux cast on your arm and let him drive.

WIN!

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

my dad lives in missouri, im only with him for the summer, I just left actually, but im in texas :/ but yes, he would do that for me if i really asked and he was here lol, that or hed let me use his car

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Oh and I'm not saying gut your car.. Just take out the spare tire and little things like that, books (if in school).. Running only half a tank of gas will help too.
    Yeah, Ive got the spare out, jack too, and ill have the passenger seat out anyways because im looking at the rails and stuff, but its a lot lighter then it usually is lol

Ray Charles blue

Hrm....I saw some of those "260 hp monsters!" run 15s at the track....lol

They can run lower 14s but that is at best and if this kid cant shift he is going to be in the mid to high 15s. Take out the spare and jack and anything else you can think of.....lol Like somoene said run as little gas in it as you can. Not saying you will win but hey, it could be interesting. And yes, his car is much faster than yours in the hands of the same driver but if he is losing the car at a light in town he is NOT ready to race.

Good luck and cut the hair. It may be the style for young people but its sort of like wearing a Mullet and a mini-skirt at the same time....gives a few different impressions...lol

Be safe with the racing dude.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

I hope you whoop em man it would be sick

blue
    1999 trans am

not tryin to steal your thread but i have the same issue lol
    theres a kid at school with an 03 mustand gt manual with full exhaust and he keeps sayin he will whoop me because my car is "older" what he doesnt know is that i have an ls1 under the hood with full bolt ons and a m6 behind it with new tires....so basicly im gonna smoke him
    ohhh and also those v6 birds are actually kinda quick i was supprised when i rode in one

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by unibuga View Post
    not tryin to steal your thread but i have the same issue lol
    theres a kid at school with an 03 mustand gt manual with full exhaust and he keeps sayin he will whoop me because my car is "older" what he doesnt know is that i have an ls1 under the hood with full bolt ons and a m6 behind it with new tires....so basicly im gonna smoke him
    ohhh and also those v6 birds are actually kinda quick i was supprised when i rode in one
    So his car with his mods falls short of your car in stock form? How is that even fair? lol You better give him a pic of the front of your car because all he will remember for years to come is your tail lights.

Honey combs or the euro version? hahahaha

Op should have some fun though, hope he can shift and pull out a victory. Nothing says awesome like going home with the hottest girl in the bar even when you know other guys are packing more "heat"....lol

Thread Information