Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

2007 z06 Vs an r32...Had to be done

Out in the z06, it's obviously real typical for everyone to try and race you with their little 4 cylinders and things, problem is they think it's fast because they've never been in a car that actually is. Going down the highway and some kid in an r32 pulls up next to me and I was already doing about 75, slows down and stares at me, starts taking off and stopping on and off, which is just making me mad because he isn't worth racing. this entire time his BOV is going crazy and im about ready to give him some hard justice, but instead he gets in front of me and I think it's over. No, he starts hitting the brakes to make me even more mad. I cut into the right lane and get right next to him, point forward and then rocket into oblivion up to a speed which I won't say on here never to see him again. What do these people think!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If he tapped the brakes in front of me there wouldn't be any racing, just my spare change at his window.

Black
    99 Formula

R32's don't come with turbos. HPS kits for those can be sick as hell and real trouble.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

First, i would say it was a good kill but then again thats just obvious from the begining. If he had a BOV that means he has a V6 turbo with a turbo. R32's are V6 and the 32 means 3.2L motor and they are about 240 hp stock form, new ones are about 250, not a huge difference in power. Ive driven one of my old friends R32 and as small as the car is it felt heavy and 1st gear acceleration was impressive but very very short. My car wont stand a chance with a Z06 especially a C6, so i have no idea what in the world a R32 owner is thinking by making an attempt to race a C6Z06 unless it is extremely modded (big turbo) and even then due to there gearing might still lose due to there really short gearing.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

I don't know a ton about R32's, but it was definitely boosted, sadly I can happily say he lost pretty badly. On a sadder note a friend of mine did beat me in his Supra, can't be too angry though, 850rwhp vs my stock z06. On another good note we had a boosted 03z06 beat him from a 60mph roll to 180mph and it was only pushin 650rwhp. It was all about the torque and gearing there.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Before it was stolen I owned a 08 R32 with an HPS kit, gutted, full cage and hallidex controller and never had a problem pulling on people. As said earlier short gears suck and the new ones are DSG not manual. The only down side to having it boosted is it stayed in the shop being rebuilt then anything.. Props though GTI or R32 they needed to understand that there is no replacement for displacement..

01 modded gtp

Nice kill and you own a z06 at 21 good for you

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    First, i would say it was a good kill but then again thats just obvious from the begining. If he had a BOV that means he has a V6 turbo with a turbo. R32's are V6 and the 32 means 3.2L motor and they are about 240 hp stock form, new ones are about 250, not a huge difference in power. Ive driven one of my old friends R32 and as small as the car is it felt heavy and 1st gear acceleration was impressive but very very short. My car wont stand a chance with a Z06 especially a C6, so i have no idea what in the world a R32 owner is thinking by making an attempt to race a C6Z06 unless it is extremely modded (big turbo) and even then due to there gearing might still lose due to there really short gearing.
    so does the turbo have a turbo? whats going on here...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL my bad error on my end.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I have seen a couple built r32s. the can make soem decent power 550-650whp. And thats at all four wheels, i have seen a couple 10 second r32s but never a 9 second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I have seen a couple built r32s. the can make soem decent power 550-650whp. And thats at all four wheels, i have seen a couple 10 second r32s but never a 9 second one.
    I have seen a couple 10 second ones as well.

SOM
    2002 WS6

you can't call him a ricer,even though he acted like one.lol

red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

r32 are bad but a z06 is even badder lol

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

It was probably a 240 with an R32 body kit and a turbo. I have raced an R32 here with aftermarket turbos and a semi built motor. We split 4 runs between us. Chances of seeing those states are slim to none. In NH at that... I think some is getting butt hurt and posting stories about the ZO6 they read about on LS1tech or Planet LSX...

Let see some pics and video of your Z kiddo! Nevermind that I will just go ahead say that you are a lying sack of shit...
    Last edited by Packy; 08-23-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    I don't know a ton about R32's, but it was definitely boosted, sadly I can happily say he lost pretty badly. On a sadder note a friend of mine did beat me in his Supra, can't be too angry though, 850rwhp vs my stock z06. On another good note we had a boosted 03z06 beat him from a 60mph roll to 180mph and it was only pushin 650rwhp. It was all about the torque and gearing there.
    Some of those big-turbo Supras are nasty. If I see even a halfway respectable person (not some punk kid) driving one, I probably won't mess with them

SOM
    2002 SS

Thing to remember is even though they are afforadable now to do all the major mods to make serious hp costs alot more than the cars will cost. young kids who buy them still can't afford to do that. A freind of mine imported one from japan many years back and it had a full stage 3 hks,roll cage etc etc. It was a monster. At the track his boost hose blew off and he let off the gas halfway down the track and he still rolled through at 13.2 @ 118 mph. It was probably a 128 mph car. Then again the z06 stock is around 124-128 depending on the billion variables of course.

With all the hype of the new gtr and the zr1 everyone forgets how fast a z06 really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    It was probably a 240 with an R32 body kit and a turbo. I have raced an R32 here with aftermarket turbos and a semi built motor. We split 4 runs between us. Chances of seeing those states are slim to none. In NH at that... I think some is getting butt hurt and posting stories about the ZO6 they read about on LS1tech or Planet LSX...

Let see some pics and video of your Z kiddo! Nevermind that I will just go ahead say that you are a lying sack of shit...
    I think they're talking about R32 VW.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post

Why do you sound so angry. Shit, guys been on here for more than a year and doesn't have a ton of posts, doesn't seem to be a troller/shit starter. What reason do you have to call someone a sack of shit? You seem like a douchebag for that post.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Why do you sound so angry. Shit, guys been on here for more than a year and doesn't have a ton of posts, doesn't seem to be a troller/shit starter. What reason do you have to call someone a sack of shit? You seem like a douchebag for that post.

Because I am. Trust me dude if you were in my shoes as of the last year you would be one disgruntled MF'er. Also I thought he was referring to another post with this one... I am not a douschebag alleen een kloodzaak!
    Last edited by Packy; 08-28-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

lol... As long as we're all on the same page.

But really, I have no beef with anybody, I was just tryinng to browse around and enjoy some kill storys and the name calling around here annoys me sometimes. You seem like a cool person from what I've read 99% of the time and post up some sweet pics. Sorry for flyin off the handle. Later.

Thread Information