Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

2002 WS6 vs 2009 Mustang GT"R"

well two days ago I pulled out of a shopping center adjacent to a Mustang coming out of a Walmart. I noticed it had a chin spoiler and a shaker hood with some pretty fat tires in the rear.

Well when I pulled onto the main road I only gave it half to 3/4 throttle, so I could get out of everyone's way and through the intersection. As I made the turn, here came the mustang behind me. He was gaining ground pretty good, but I wasn't floored, so I didn't really worry. He flies by me and I could hear the car sounded kinda mean. I also spotted "GTR" on the back and what appeared to be some sort of a rear wing hook up.

Anyways we get up to the next light and I pull up beside him in the fast lane. i roll my window down and ask the guy what's it got done to it. He say's it bone stock from the factory with the exception of Borla exhaust. I think cool and ask, "you wanna run em?" He says sure and on green we go. I launch at a nice 1500 rpm's to keep the tires from smoking and hop out pretty good as he started spinning. I kept expecting him to pull up on me, but I set sail into the sun set after 2nd gear. After I hit 85 I look in the rear view and notice I'm probably 10+ cars in front, so I start to calm down. He pulls up next to me and asks me, "What the hell you got done to yours? You took care of me pretty easy." I just grinned and replied, "True duals, LT's, Air lid, and a tune."

LS1 FTW!

Here's what I raced kinda looked like, but the one I ran was green and black:
    http://www.themustangtrader.com/details.php?id=17616

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Nice kill. I used to work at a Ford dealership and they had a few like this they were selling.... Total rip off! They are just a GT with a body kit, wheels, paint, and that dumb ass fake shaker hood and they would sell em for outrageous prices. Some dumb ass people actually bought a few too

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    Nice kill. I used to work at a Ford dealership and they had a few like this they were selling.... Total rip off! They are just a GT with a body kit, wheels, paint, and that dumb ass fake shaker hood and they would sell em for outrageous prices. Some dumb ass people actually bought a few too
    well I wasn't sure if it was a dealer option or if it was just some guy who got GTR painted on the back and did some of his own cosmetic modifications. Then I started doing some research and noticed this one and others like it.

Supposedly they are coming out with a real GTR that is supposed to be a beast with that new 5.0.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

o ya baby! get those mustangs!

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I was gonna race one of these yesterday but he wouldn't pull up next to me.
    The thing I hate most about mustangs is they sound so fucking ballsy and look so agressive that I think most of them are fast but in reality it takes a supercharger or another form of F.I. to keep up or beat us

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I was gonna race one of these yesterday but he wouldn't pull up next to me.
    The thing I hate most about mustangs is they sound so fucking ballsy and look so agressive that I think most of them are fast but in reality it takes a supercharger or another form of F.I. to keep up or beat us
    lol tell me about it! I thought this one was super charged because I know Saleen Makes a Shaker S/C system and the borla exhaust gave it a Super Snake sound, but turned out it wasn't close.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Very nice. Just remember, badges or emblems on a car mean nothing. I know a lot of stupid people who put them on their cars so people will think they are fast. Works the other way too - people strip their car to make people wonder.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Very nice. Just remember, badges or emblems on a car mean nothing. I know a lot of stupid people who put them on their cars so people will think they are fast. Works the other way too - people strip their car to make people wonder.
    Previous owner stripped every single emblem off my ws6 to make it looks like a normal trans am, but the hood obviously gives it all away

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    Previous owner stripped every single emblem off my ws6 to make it looks like a normal trans am, but the hood obviously gives it all away
    I did the same, except left the WS6 emblem on the back bumper.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    so you stripped the trans am badges off? On mine the only WS6 emblem is on the back.... were there more?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

WS6, no. It says trans am on both doors, and has the bird on the rear filler panel. Also door trim came off, and i vht'd every light except the fogs, and headlights. Took all the side marker bulbs out, too. It now says PONTIAC on the rear bumper valance, and has a small WS6 emblem under pass taillight. If you don;t know what it is, and have boobs, ask away. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the show.

To be clear, it comes with trans am on both doors, and a red bird decal on center filler. Also shopping cart rail on both doors. The trans am are raised letters glued on, and the shopping cart rails are glued on to. They have a double sided tape holding them on. The bird decal is thin, and stuck to center filler panel over rear bumper. I had to sand mine off.
    Last edited by az gt eater; 05-17-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: more info

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

ya well the previous owner of my car took that one off too i bought it with zero badges on it.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

WS6, no. It says trans am on both doors, and has the bird on the rear filler panel. Also door trim came off, and i vht'd every light except the fogs, and headlights. Took all the side marker bulbs out, too. It now says PONTIAC on the rear bumper valance, and has a small WS6 emblem under pass taillight. If you don;t know what it is, and have boobs, ask away. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the show.

To be clear, it comes with trans am on both doors, and a red bird decal on center filler. Also shopping cart rail on both doors. The trans am are raised letters glued on, and the shopping cart rails are glued on to. They have a double sided tape holding them on. The bird decal is thin, and stuck to center filler panel over rear bumper. I had to sand mine off.
    lol well I figured that... I was just bewildered when you quoted: "Previous owner stripped every single emblem off my ws6 to make it looks like a normal trans am, but the hood obviously gives it all away"

and then said you did the same... like you took your badges off too, but then you said you left the rear badge on.

Sorry just didn't understand what you were saying.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    ya well the previous owner of my car took that one off too i bought it with zero badges on it.
    Suck man... Mine came all intact, thank god

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I thought the 09 GTR's looke like this... Did they offer it in green?

Still good kill...
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 05-18-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

^^I believe thats an 07 concept

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Yeah 04 there opps... Okay 08 here...

Last edited by Z28Thunder; 05-18-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I thought the 09 GTR's looke like this... Did they offer it in green?

Click for full size

Still good kill...
    yes, it is a concept that's supposed to have 440 hp, a full race suspension with no interior, and a roll cage. Kinda like the old Cobra R. It's not in production. take a look at the link I started this thread with and click on 5th picture on the far right of the 2nd row. It shows the passenger tail light and a GTr Insignia just above the tail light on the spoiler.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Yeah 04 there opps... Okay 08 here...

Click for full size
    that is another GT"R" package made by the company APR.
    The one I raced is another "dealer option" that some dealers will include for extra money. It's not a Ford developed GTR like the yellow concept you initial dug up, but there is no factory GT"R" in actual production... just people with badges.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Click for full size
    whoa, it's been riced! I have owned 3 Mustangs through the years, but I wouldn't buy that one!

Thread Information