Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

2002 SS vs. Mustang GT

Was out cruising today with my brother in the SS. Nothing too eventful until we came up on a Mustang GT that had some gages and a tac on the dash. Looked to be about a 2004 or so model.

We were stopped at a light next to each other and he spins it a little from a dig and then shifts from 1-2 and gets the ass end all swirly. I'm just driving normally and not really trying to race.

Then we get up on Route 30 and we get side by side and from 2nd I beat him by about a 1/4 car length about 1/2 way through third then had to slow down. We then went again from lower speed and I beat him again.

I asked him afterwards what he had done. He said a cam, port and polished heads, and bolt-ons. I asked him if he wanted to race from a dig and he just said his car was running like a dog and no. Then he said (direct quote) "What can I say, I'm slow, I own a Mustang"

I couldn't help but laugh. Car did sound bad-ass though.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Was out cruising today with my brother in the SS. Nothing too eventful until we came up on a Mustang GT that had some gages and a tac on the dash. Looked to be about a 2004 or so model.

We were stopped at a light next to each other and he spins it a little from a dig and then shifts from 1-2 and gets the ass end all swirly. I'm just driving normally and not really trying to race.

Then we get up on Route 30 and we get side by side and from 2nd I beat him by about a 1/4 car length about 1/2 way through third then had to slow down. We then went again from lower speed and I beat him again.

I asked him afterwards what he had done. He said a cam, port and polished heads, and bolt-ons. I asked him if he wanted to race from a dig and he just said his car was running like a dog and no. Then he said (direct quote) "What can I say, I'm slow, I own a Mustang"

I couldn't help but laugh. Car did sound bad-ass though.
    yea for some reason those mod motors seem to sound nice but not really quick in most cases. occasionally in my area i hear a lil whine but its the same 2 guys. 1 is a termi for sure and the other is a saleen if i remember right. havent seen it in a while. nice kill though. any mods for your car?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Mods below.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Wow a mustang driver that admitted to being slow? Thats probably a first. All of them around here think theyre the fastest thing on the road.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

At least it didn't break this time Good kill tho.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    At least it didn't break this time Good kill tho.
    Damn, that's harsh lol.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Those 99-04 stangs blow testicles. I don't know how much technical info you got but why the hell would he use the stock heads-I mean at least the mach 1 heads or the gt-40's.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Those 99-04 stangs blow testicles. I don't know how much technical info you got but why the hell would he use the stock heads-I mean at least the mach 1 heads or the gt-40's.
    Yeah I agree. He didn't say, but he was a very young kid and probably on a budget build

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Umm, a Mach 1 has a 32 valve, DOHC motor, same as the Cobra, a GT has a 16 valve SOHC motor. You don't just swap heads and call it a day!
    2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 5-speed
    FRPP Aluminator 32V Long Block + Kenne Bell 2.1
    657 RWHP 635 RWTQ @16psi on 93 Octane
    Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Damn, that's harsh lol.
    I'm surprised that I'm the only one that jabbed you on it. Short-term memory I guess

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    Umm, a Mach 1 has a 32 valve, DOHC motor, same as the Cobra, a GT has a 16 valve SOHC motor. You don't just swap heads and call it a day!
    So they don't have aftermarket heads to go on them?
    Your on a ls1 forum expect the majority to not know about your boat anchors

Black
    1999 WS6

I still remember the day when my 1984 Z28 with all its whopping factory horsepower would get its ass handed to it by the 1985 Mustang GT (that I ended up buying later) that lived down the street. What were they back then??? 190HP Camaro vs. 225HP Mustang???
    Times roll back and forth as its been a war between Camaro/Firebird/Mustang sicne the 60's and its not going to stop.
    The 98-02 model GM cars have the older model Mustangs by an even greater HP difference, so they should kick the Mustangs ass.
    2010 and forward will be interesting. Lets see how many kill stories there are against those models, especially when the 400HP 5.0 comes out next year in the Mustang. I'm not talking modded up cars, I'm talking out of the showroom, bone ass stock. Its going to be interesting.
    I don't hate against Mustang owners as I own one myself, and have met many a Camaro/Firebird driver that was just as ignorant when losing a race as are most people when they lose. Mankind is instinctually competitive and noone likes to lose.
    Enjoy what you drive and if you get beat, build it faster or buy a Kia Forte or Toyota Prius so you know you'll lose up front and the shock won't disappoint you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    I'm surprised that I'm the only one that jabbed you on it. Short-term memory I guess
    Yeah. I don't ever jab on people when their shit breaks.....

What goes around, comes around. So hopefully when your shit breaks, you'll be as big of a man as I was when I heckle you

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

So, God forbid, your members should become a little better educated on the subject, so they don't come off looking like they don't have a clue!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    So, God forbid, your members should become a little better educated on the subject, so they don't come off looking like they don't have a clue!
    I asked a question in additon to insulting you-educate me
    Just some ribbing buddy

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I still remember the day when my 1984 Z28 with all its whopping factory horsepower would get its ass handed to it by the 1985 Mustang GT (that I ended up buying later) that lived down the street. What were they back then??? 190HP Camaro vs. 225HP Mustang???
    Times roll back and forth as its been a war between Camaro/Firebird/Mustang sicne the 60's and its not going to stop.
    The 98-02 model GM cars have the older model Mustangs by an even greater HP difference, so they should kick the Mustangs ass.
    2010 and forward will be interesting. Lets see how many kill stories there are against those models, especially when the 400HP 5.0 comes out next year in the Mustang. I'm not talking modded up cars, I'm talking out of the showroom, bone ass stock. Its going to be interesting.
    I don't hate against Mustang owners as I own one myself, and have met many a Camaro/Firebird driver that was just as ignorant when losing a race as are most people when they lose. Mankind is instinctually competitive and noone likes to lose.
    Enjoy what you drive and if you get beat, build it faster or buy a Kia Forte or Toyota Prius so you know you'll lose up front and the shock won't disappoint you.
    Wow - someone posts a thoughtful, intelligent message in this forum. Most impressive!

Black
    1999 WS6

WOW..thanks Bob. Hows it going anyway???

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

they do have aftermarket heads to go on them.

your on an ls1 forum and should know about the majority of the competion out there. guess u dont know that an auto mach has a cast crank and a m5 mach has a forged crank??

haha boat anchors? a n/a termi engine is by no way a boat anchor. a 2valve gt engine is tho. a fucking escalade/denali will beat that car stock for stock

i am not calling you out so dont take offense. you should just learn about what is out there.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    they do have aftermarket heads to go on them.

your on an ls1 forum and should know about the majority of the competion out there. guess u dont know that an auto mach has a cast crank and a m5 mach has a forged crank??

haha boat anchors? a n/a termi engine is by no way a boat anchor. a 2valve gt engine is tho. a fucking escalade/denali will beat that car stock for stock

i am not calling you out so dont take offense. you should just learn about what is out there.
    I took high offense to that

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Yeah. I don't ever jab on people when their shit breaks.....

What goes around, comes around. So hopefully when your shit breaks, you'll be as big of a man as I was when I heckle you
    Lol, no worries there I was always taught that if you cant take it dont dish it out. I'll be sure to make a post when I my rearend finally blows so you can heckle me.

Thread Information