Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBATCAR

2001 WS6 vs New Dodge Charger

At a light and a new Charger pulls up. My 2001 WS6 A4 with just exhaust and intake. Light turns green He steps on it , then I do... I got 3 car lengths on him in about an 1/8 of a mile, we both gave thumbs up and went our way...for the Dodge to have 340 HP, I thought it would be a closer race...

Black
    99 SS

i think DODGE is telling a white lie

NC_EB_Z06
    well, you got remember your car weights in around 3300-3400 lbs while that POS probably weighs around 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by BBATCAR
    Light turns green He steps on it , then I do... I got 3 car lengths on him in about an 1/8 of a mile, we both gave thumbs up and went our way...for the Dodge to have 340 HP, I thought it would be a closer race.
    Weight (which was mentioned above), gearing, along with torque, are other 'key' factors to weigh in during the hole-shot. Not to mention, who knows if the owner of the new Charger even nailed it from the dig...

Nice kill either way... :thumbsup:

SOM 01 WS6
    I think I read (motor trend) It's like a 14 + sec. car. Talk about a led-sled 4000lbs.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

their not too fast...i pulled one from a 20 roll only up to like 50, so it wasn't a race or anything, by at least 3 cars...he had a good jump on me but also had 3 people with him..heh. I was kinda surprised he hit it since i just saw him pull out of the auto mall with dealer plates...but I saw him eye ballin my car so i wasn't too shocked

BBATCAR
    Yep... Guess they are kinda like the older GT mustangs, now I know

PurEvl
    Well since I own one along with the camaro I will tell you they weight 4100+ but do pull like a train. The hemi is whisper quiet and theres not tick or piston slap either. What a miracle eh? I traded in my 04 gto for this car and its just as fast as the gto was. Fastest stock time for a charger I have seen is 14.0 at 102. The car inside an out is far greater then any gm sports car I have owned. It handles wonderfully and the ride is like a mercedes. I already have a magnaflow catback, and gibson headers and a k&n cai going on soon. Mine is a road n track model with 350hp an 390tq. The tq is what makes this car. T

They are no match for an ls1 camaro/ta or 05 gto...but an 04 auto gto is plenty game for it.

05 Wrangler

yea i agree they are awesome cars...i don't really like the grill though...reminds me too much of the ram, but you can always swap it out so no biggie. They are fast stock for what they are...4 doors and luxury. I'm just waiting for dodge to put the 6.1 hemi in a ram...then i'll have a new truck..heh

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

i dont think ill ever forgive dodge for taking a classic name like Charger and slapping it on a 4 door. Ill admit they are nice looking cars (expecially the srt-8 version with the hood scoop) and id drive one, but i really wish they would have called it what it was, a Magnum sedan. I guess its no diffrent than when they did it with the omnis in the 80s but enoughs enough... build a charger the way it was ment to be built, long, sleek, and 2 doored... hell even the concept from a few years ago looked better and it was a 4 door, in my opinion they were just trying to make a quick buck by playing that herritage card like fords doing (sucessfully i might add) with the mustang. eh oh well, atleast its a v-8 rear wheel drive and not a 4 cylinder with a turbo. I say atleast give us a manual tranny, or some more color choices (come on limelight green, plum crazy purple, hemi orange, go mango????) Mabey theyll come back with the Challenger in 2 door... we can only hope.

at any rate, nice kill, i cant wait till i get up next to one...prefferbly in my 70 Challenger
    Last edited by MaxPlusTen; 09-22-2005 at 11:47 AM.

2006 TrailBlazer SS

Hi evey1 new to the site...I smoked a 300c with my lt1 m6 that has some basic mods cai...exhaust...fresh plugs and wires....your usual traction mods....The moe was a little dot in my rear view as I looked at the speedo reading 120mph in low rpm range of 5th gear....Rolling at about 45mph traffic broke he punched it,I down shifted to 3rd passed him climbing up in 4th and good-bye....needless to say I was surprised,thought he was going to cut my balls off and have me put the bird up for sale when I got home...Dude was dick anyway knew I was trying to break out and wouldn't let me....Now go home with your over priced POS boring luxo Chrysler product trying to be a muscle car....I think that 5.7 hemi is over rated or the cars are to heavy that they put it in....the 6.1 is another story...Just my opinion.

PurEvl
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg369
    Hi evey1 new to the site...I smoked a 300c with my lt1 m6 that has some basic mods cai...exhaust...fresh plugs and wires....your usual traction mods....The moe was a little dot in my rear view as I looked at the speedo reading 120mph in low rpm range of 5th gear....Rolling at about 45mph traffic broke he punched it,I down shifted to 3rd passed him climbing up in 4th and good-bye....needless to say I was surprised,thought he was going to cut my balls off and have me put the bird up for sale when I got home...Dude was dick anyway knew I was trying to break out and wouldn't let me....Now go home with your over priced POS boring luxo Chrysler product trying to be a muscle car....I think that 5.7 hemi is over rated or the cars are to heavy that they put it in....the 6.1 is another story...Just my opinion.
    Too bad your not in mass. I would love to race you in my charger. It already smoked my 04 gto, your lt1 would be a good race. They have gone 14.0 at 102 in a bone stock chargers...thats lt1 area all day long. Once they figure out how to crack the tq management in these cars there will be plenty of 13 second boats out there. Im not stock either.

PurEvl
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    i dont think ill ever forgive dodge for taking a classic name like Charger and slapping it on a 4 door. Ill admit they are nice looking cars (expecially the srt-8 version with the hood scoop) and id drive one, but i really wish they would have called it what it was, a Magnum sedan. I guess its no diffrent than when they did it with the omnis in the 80s but enoughs enough... build a charger the way it was ment to be built, long, sleek, and 2 doored... hell even the concept from a few years ago looked better and it was a 4 door, in my opinion they were just trying to make a quick buck by playing that herritage card like fords doing (sucessfully i might add) with the mustang. eh oh well, atleast its a v-8 rear wheel drive and not a 4 cylinder with a turbo. I say atleast give us a manual tranny, or some more color choices (come on limelight green, plum crazy purple, hemi orange, go mango????) Mabey theyll come back with the Challenger in 2 door... we can only hope.

at any rate, nice kill, i cant wait till i get up next to one...prefferbly in my 70 Challenger
    I bought it for the 4 door, also the 5 speed manumatic is actually the balls in this car. Oh and they already have go mango, top banana and are thinking of plum crazy for next year. The whole driveline in this car is mercedes and the motor was updated by them as well. You can tell buy how smooth the power is an how quiet it is. I love getting into the camaro to hear the piston slap though

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by PurEvl
    I bought it for the 4 door, also the 5 speed manumatic is actually the balls in this car. Oh and they already have go mango, top banana and are thinking of plum crazy for next year. The whole driveline in this car is mercedes and the motor was updated by them as well. You can tell buy how smooth the power is an how quiet it is. I love getting into the camaro to hear the piston slap though
    if you don't like your camaro you should just sell it...that way someone that actually appreciates the car will own it i'm sure you'll wonder why you sold it when a slightly modded camaro puts buslengths on your charger. I kinda like the chargers...but dodge shoulda made it a 2 door with a different front end and made the 6.1 the standard v8....then for the srt they coulda put FI on it

PurEvl
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    if you don't like your camaro you should just sell it...that way someone that actually appreciates the car will own it i'm sure you'll wonder why you sold it when a slightly modded camaro puts buslengths on your charger. I kinda like the chargers...but dodge shoulda made it a 2 door with a different front end and made the 6.1 the standard v8....then for the srt they coulda put FI on it
    I have a fully built 408 t88 turbo camaro worth more then 3 chargers...what the fuck are you talking about? I got rid of a gto for the charger? I still have my 05 denali too.

05 Wrangler

i said that because of your piston slap comment...sounded like you were raving bout the charger then downing your camaro.

Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PurEvl
    I have a fully built 408 t88 turbo camaro worth more then 3 chargers...what the fuck are you talking about? I got rid of a gto for the charger? I still have my 05 denali too.
    First of all, I don't believe you ever owned a GTO. If you did, you didn't know how to drive it. Secondly, bring that ugly charger to any track you wish and I guarantee my stock '04 will show you that you're wrong. Then again, if you got rid of a GTO for a Charger, you have serious issues. Additionally, if you owned a GTO and feel that any 14 second car will beat it, enough said.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

HEMI SHEMMI, bring it on ! i scour the streets for a datona or anything for that matter anything to go!

PurEvl
    Quote Originally Posted by pont3
    First of all, I don't believe you ever owned a GTO. If you did, you didn't know how to drive it. Secondly, bring that ugly charger to any track you wish and I guarantee my stock '04 will show you that you're wrong. Then again, if you got rid of a GTO for a Charger, you have serious issues. Additionally, if you owned a GTO and feel that any 14 second car will beat it, enough said.
    your a fucking idiot LOL! Im known on these boards for all my cars.. and it used to be in my sig ya cockflute. And if you think 2004 automatic gto's are going any faster then low 14 high 13 you need to search around. Grow up little boy. I still have 3 ls1/ls6 based cars in my driveway...what do you have?

oh speaking of, anyone need some brand new 18" gto rim/tires?

05 Wrangler

cockflute..i gotta remember that one

Thread Information