Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

2000 Z28 vs 1990 5.0 :)

So im out with the usual group when one of my buds gets a call that some big mouth typical mustang guy wants to, not race but rape me in the 1/4..?

His stangalang..
    5 spd
    Completely gutted, I mean everything
    relocated battery
    373's
    some ford racing suspension thing
    tach as big as my wheels
    cobra intake
    straight headers, loud and raspy..
    standard issue Ford peeling paint

-My baby-
    6spd
    lid
    Free mods
    pro 5.0 short shifter
    GMMG cat back

We line up at the industrial park and go. He warmed em up a bit, I spun em for a few seconds, but ive got new tires <300 miles on em.. so i didn't too much. We launch and for the first time I got traction and I got so excited that I didnt spin through 3rd that I almost lost focus.. almost. He hangs with me on the launch cause hes so damn light but once I top out in 2nd and Slam 3rd he's already fallen at least 3 lengths back. By the time I slammed 4th I realized that he was on the brakes. The last time I saw him before he braked I was at least 7-8 Lengths. My buddy watching from the side in his Iroc said he thought it was more than that.

I gotta say it was damn satisfying to whoop him that bad. Im a pretty quiet guy and he calls up talking all this trash on gm and camaro's and the usual Ford guy monologue about how much chevys suck.. I of course quietly listen and seem almost interedted just to piss him off heh. I figure if I kick his ass so badly that he just drives off whining about the sun in his eyes at 11:30pm my job is done.

This was my first run since I installed the GMMG and im pretty sure that the extra weight of the cat-back hanging over the wheels gave me the traction, along with the tires, but they were on last time I ran and they spun like crazy. I gotta say that the mods ive gotten Especially! the Pro 5.0 and GMMG made a damn big difference. Nothing quite like eating hot headed Stangs.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Anyone that talks stang vs camaro trash or similar ford vs chevy trash isn't educated enough to be fast. Good kill. Just wait till you find one that isn't as stock as it looks lol Crap talkers make me sick, you wanna race, just say you wanna race and the outcome talks all the shit that needs to be talked. . .

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Anyone that talks stang vs camaro trash or similar ford vs chevy trash isn't educated enough to be fast. Good kill. Just wait till you find one that isn't as stock as it looks lol Crap talkers make me sick, you wanna race, just say you wanna race and the outcome talks all the shit that needs to be talked. . .

Hey not all of us Blue Oval guys are bad

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    Hey not all of us Blue Oval guys are bad
    No dont get me wrong ive got plenty of friends in 5.0's and some damn nice ones too. Ive got respect for those who give it to me. And besides my dream truck is a Lightning

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    And besides my dream truck is a Lightning

Good man

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

yeah ive seen some 5.0s rape ls1s, like, the mustang did a wheelie from all the power and no weight and did a wheelie for about 100 feet and still beat the z28 by about 5 cars. it was crazy

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I think there really are alotta awesome Ford people out there, but there's always that one guy...

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

And that one guy is always the one who is getting in my face of course...

Actually the funny thing is my girlfriends twin sister drives a 1990 LX stang that kicks ass and takes names. I still cant beat her, cant even come close to it. Then again shes got a vortech, hoosier streets, and 410's. Shes damn close to wheel stands. And shes even got all the interior in. I have loads of respect for her. She built it herself with her sister (my girlfriend) over the past 3 years and i was there the whole time with them and im amazed how much they taught me. Plus theres nothing like watching twin sisters install a cam and get covered in oil and grease MMMMMM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

quick! give me their phone number! I'm writing up my proposal already...

Chris

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Haha their? one of them happens to be with me, bub. Although youve got a stangmobile so she would prob dump my good looks and fast car for a blue oval and a halfwit.

Don't go flipping out and getting crazy.. im just playing around. But seriously she would probably leave me for a guy with a sick Stang. heh..cry..

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Haha their? one of them happens to be with me, bub. Although youve got a stangmobile so she would prob dump my good looks and fast car for a blue oval and a halfwit.

Don't go flipping out and getting crazy.. im just playing around. But seriously she would probably leave me for a guy with a sick Stang. heh..cry..

Oh come on now..everyone knows ladies love trucks

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Got a pic of the sis?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    Oh come on now..everyone knows ladies love trucks
    WOW, the ironic thing is that my girlfriend thinks an f-250 crewcab with the extra long bed is a badass truck and she wants me to get her one.. i was like its a crewcab and its got an extra long bed....but it figures right.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Got a pic of the sis?
    shes got a man already and hes a scary mother. like 5'8" yea hes short but hes about 210 and a friggin monster, like he could rip off my arms and beat me with them. and hes got less fat than lance armstrong. talk about feeling inadequate.. i have to spend $$ out the ass to make myself even come close to him. Now dont get me wrong im not bad looking im just not jacked like he is, hes arnold swarzi..jigger(spelling) damn sisters always outdoing each other.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 03-12-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

um... Cool. You've found the one, bud!

MrMiracle
    Your opponent gutted his interior, but he still got good traction? Did he add ballast behind his rear wheels, or did you not get to check the trunk?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

i dont know him very well but he did open his trunk. all he had in it was the battery that he relocated. i dont know about his spare but i should probably mention that his tires were not regular reveryday road tires. They were by no means slicks but the tread sections were really damn big. they were worn to hell also, hardly any tread left on em. If there was any to begin with.

Dont get me wrong he spun but his light weight let him hang with me for a few feet after launch.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

OH, and an update. There is an ongoing problem between a friend of mine in an 88 with an lt1 swap and the stang that i raced in this thread. As of yesterday night its settled. They raced at the chem plant and it was insane. The mustang drove up with his damn track tires on, they are full Drag Slicks not the street legal type, full slicks. They agreed to 4 runs, now the cocky mustang guy, Zach, says that if the Lt1 swap (373's, borla adj, and otherwise bone stock) beat him ANY of the 4 runs he takes the cake game over hes top dog (theyre fighting over the LT1 swaps GF) first three runs the stang is launching at somewhere around 4 grand.. and sticking em, he smokes the LT1 by a damn lot. On the final run LT1 finally decides to go for a hard launch, and after warming em up for at least an entire minute They both launch hard as hell (stang obviously much harder). The damn stang misses 3rd, but hey its not just car vs car its on the drivers shoulders also. The LT1 pulled about 3 FULL lengths on the stang by the time he braked and hopped into his lane to let him know who won. We got the entire thing on tape every race. Its night time but you can see the lights and hear the cars its a damn badass video.
    Its not in digital video but theres gotta be a way to convert the video I wanna put this online.. you gotta see it.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Sweet. Let us know when you find a way to convert those vids and get 'em posted.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Run what you brung, right? Guess the guy just upped the ante... Next time bring some stickies and put him back in his place.

Chris

Thread Information