Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

2 vettes and a cruiser

Im living in Bahrain right now and my T/A is in the shop getting the a/c fixed, so im crusing on my 09 M109r LE earlier and its saturday night. You dont see a lot of american cars here so seeing 2 vettes at the same time was a treat. having them and me all meet at the same light was a bigger treat. One was a 04 yellow zo6, cat back possibly a small cam, the other one was 06 silver with cat back. We were on a long stretch of 3 lane hiway and no cars around. Couldnt have asked for a better chance. The 04 started reving to see if there was intrest and the 06 followed suit so i did the same. Light turned yellow and we all rolled out til about 20 mph. The yellow one gunned it then i heard the silver one go, so twisted the trottle. I pulled on them hard til 130, prolly 3-4 cars, they both rolled past me after that, they stayed together the whole way. The light that was coming up turned red on us so we had to brake pretty hard. When i pulled up beside the yellow on his front brake was on fire! All this in a small island in the middle east, Awesome!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

What the hell was his brake on fire for? Sounds like a lot of fun-what kind of cars do they usually drive out there?

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    What the hell was his brake on fire for? Sounds like a lot of fun-what kind of cars do they usually drive out there?
    His brake was on fire due to extreamly hard braking and maybe some faulty brakes. I was doing 130 when they past me, and they were moving pretty fast, it was a short distance to stop. He may have been running hard before we met up.
    The cars out here are BS, carollas, and tiidas, 1000s od 90 models BMW (hell i bought one for the wife). There are a few cool ones, jags and maserati. I have the only TA that ive seen so far. Couple camaros and a hand full of OMG i have a mustang that just got owned buy that red thing (TA). 1 way fast nissan GTR skyline that has like 3,000,000,000 HP. Prolly a saudi guy, oil rich.
    There are so many flat deserted 3 lane highways here is stupid, problem is theres no one to run. This was a rare occasion. I wish i had the TA though, i would have lost but not by much, could have made a another friend out here. Gear heads are hard to come by.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

For a second I thought you had the t/a shipped out there. I would love to do top speed runs out there-no people just means I could do it more often

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

For a second I thought you had the t/a shipped out there. I would love to do top speed runs out there-no people just means I could do it more often
    I did have it shipped out here, its in the shop gettind the a/c fixed, there are plenty of looooong road for top speed runs which i plan on doing.
    BTW those vettes have incredible top end pull, both of those vette suprised me whne they passed me, i wasnt even looking when they did, it kinda scared me. I thought i had them both so i didnt thing to look. Glad i didnt switch lanes. Thinking about selling the TA and buying a used vette. I was impressed.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

in caes you where wondering what it was

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gal...%20LE%2009.jpg

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Yah I google imaged it. How much was shipping? Do you plan to sell it there and buy a z06 out there and what would you have to do to get an out of country car back in? What brings you out all the way to Bahrain? So many questions

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Yah I google imaged it. How much was shipping? Do you plan to sell it there and buy a z06 out there and what would you have to do to get an out of country car back in? What brings you out all the way to Bahrain? So many questions
    The navy shipped it all over here. So i didnt pay for any of it. They do that for everyone in the navy. As for selling it, i get offers all the time, but for some weird reason they only want to pay $2000 for it. When i tell them its not for sell but everything is for sell for the right price. They like that saying and get all perky til i tell them $12000. they make me repeat my self 3 or 4 times cause there not sure im saying that much. They dont understand that a 98 model car cost that much, there are 1000s of cars here 95-02 for 2-4000 dollars so like i said they look at me weird.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

They seem to forget there aren't to many ws6's rolling around

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

They seem to forget there aren't to many ws6's rolling around
    Hell man they dont know what a WS6 is, 1 guy complained that i didnt have the origional wheels or exhaust. He said he wouldnt pay more that $1000 for it due to that fact. I told him they are corvette wheels and had a $2000 exhaust. He said im not buting a corvette...he had a point. I told him he wasnt buying my trans am either.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

That's crazy! Sounds like a fun place to live

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

^ Should only be a full days drive to Dubai

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Sweet

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Saw a WS-6 down by the Navy pier when I was working there last year. I wonder if it was yours. Bahrain isn't too bad, much better now that I am a retired sailor working for the government. The Crown Plaza hotel has a crazy steak deal three times a week. Yum Yum! Bahrain was not so fun when I had to live on the boat and we were there only to get some gas and food.

Scott
    Last edited by NavyTATwo; 05-26-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    Saw a WS-6 down by the Navy pier when I was working there last year. I wonder if it was yours. Bahrain isn't too bad, much better now that I am a retired sailor working for the government. The Crown Plaza hotel has a crazy steak deal three times a week. Yum Yum! Bahrain was not so fun when I had to live on the boat and we were there only to get some gas and food.

Scott
    Hey Scott
    Its much better here now than it used to be, its a little more liberty friendly. I was on Damneeck base so it probably wasnt my car that you seen. There are so many places to eat now its hard to chose, all of your standard american places form mcdonalds to chillis are open. But the hotels are still great, friday brunch is the best deal around, all you can eat and drink for $35......fat and drunk after 4 hours of that.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 13nickels View Post
    all you can eat and drink for $35......fat and drunk after 4 hours of that.
    Can't go wrong there!

Scott

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

Hell man they dont know what a WS6 is, 1 guy complained that i didnt have the origional wheels or exhaust. He said he wouldnt pay more that $1000 for it due to that fact. I told him they are corvette wheels and had a $2000 exhaust. He said im not buting a corvette...he had a point. I told him he wasnt buying my trans am either.
    mind blowing! i would have told him to screw off!

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Hey Scott
    Its much better here now than it used to be, its a little more liberty friendly. I was on Damneeck base so it probably wasnt my car that you seen. There are so many places to eat now its hard to chose, all of your standard american places form mcdonalds to chillis are open. But the hotels are still great, friday brunch is the best deal around, all you can eat and drink for $35......fat and drunk after 4 hours of that.
    $35!!??!!i can eat 5 meals on 35$.im either e cheapskate(for sure) or the food is really really really good..like food channell good.and as for the guy that offered $1000 for your car....i would have punched him right in his eyeball.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I'd have offered him 50ยข for his shoes.

Thread Information