2 kills for me! **Video**

enjoy!

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

are you serious?

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

lol hey man i was bored...we were just randomly filming randomly when this happend..

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    lol hey man i was bored...we were just randomly filming randomly when this happend..
    thats cool... its fun playing with imports, but be careful. i ran into this one last weekend and it wasnt pretty

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

good vids i enjoyed them and that srt pony posted looked nasty. I cant believe the torque on it.
    1998 Firebird Formula WS6... few things done.

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    good vids i enjoyed them and that srt pony posted looked nasty. I cant believe the torque on it.
    yea he surprised me last weekend in Modesto. i under estimated him. NEVER again

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2000 M6 Trans Am

boring ass video

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

yeah it was...didnt really put much effort in to making it i was tired lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboyx04 View Post
    thats cool... its fun playing with imports, but be careful. i ran into this one last weekend and it wasnt pretty

Too bad its useless on the street. 50 trim turbo on a 4 banger with 116 octane?? You can make all the numbers you want on the dyno, but its not like you can pull into a local gas station and fill up on 116.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I thought it was a ok video myself. I like random driving around videos like that though. Pretty funny when that ricer was racing you and you didnt even know it and just cassually gave it some gas in 1st gear and blew by him lol.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Too bad its useless on the street. 50 trim turbo on a 4 banger with 116 octane?? You can make all the numbers you want on the dyno, but its not like you can pull into a local gas station and fill up on 116.
    I dont think that engine is gonna hold up too long either.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I thought it was a ok video myself. I like random driving around videos like that though. Pretty funny when that ricer was racing you and you didnt even know it and just cassually gave it some gas in 1st gear and blew by him lol.
    lol that was halarious!! I seriously didnt know he was racing until i heard him flooring him and shifting into second..i was..i guess u could call it.."preloading"...lol..ready to roll into it when I realized he was racing..

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I dont think that engine is gonna hold up too long either.
    Thats what happens when you force tons of boost into a tiny engine. All these Evos, STI's, SRT4's, ect, running around making huge numbers (for a 4 banger) with tons of boost aren't generally on the road too long before the engine needs to be overhauled.

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    he is keeping it at 24lbs now he said. not sure what octane though. the video was at 30lbs and 116 octane. the care is a neon yes and will have to run high octane to run with us, but when he does the thing is sick!!!!!!!!! trust me i know

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

he is keeping it at 24lbs now he said. not sure what octane though. the video was at 30lbs and 116 octane. the care is a neon yes and will have to run high octane to run with us, but when he does the thing is sick!!!!!!!!! trust me i know
    How come you dont have one? O-ok then. J/K man hahah!

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

How come you dont have one? O-ok then. J/K man hahah!
    i would own one for a daily driver, but im a muscle car guy all the way. just saying the guy who owns this car did it right, and i respect that.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

i would own one for a daily driver, but im a muscle car guy all the way. just saying the guy who owns this car did it right, and i respect that.
    Thats cool.

The way I see it though is if I'm going to do mods and make big numbers, I want them to be realistic numbers. Pushing 30PSI with 116 octane just isn't realistic, because thats not everyday power you can use on the street. Same with a 50 trim on a 4 banger, I'm not a fan of huge turbo lag.

If I owned a car like that I'd rather have a more well rounded package, with a smaller turbo, less boost, 93 octane, and much better driveability. There's more to performance than just peak numbers, the car has to be practical. And with those mods, it just isn't.

huggar orange
    98 ls1

are you guys serious? if you want to race an import find a real one, not a honda accord w/ intake and exhaust. all i am trying to say, is that, in that race it was way too obvious who was going to win. there are plenty of imports (4 cyl)(6cyl) whatever, that will put our cars to shame with some simple mods. i am not trying to rag on the ls1's, not at all, i LOVE mine. and i am not saying, dont race the dumb ass cooks with their four door sedans (fwd), 3 foot wings, and many, many stickers that give them 5 hp's each....., just dont post it on you tube and tell people to watch it, as if they should be amazed.

huggar orange
    98 ls1

Smile

4cyl does not make it an import.......DODGE w/one firing cylinder is still american.

and isn't there a cobra forum or something?
    on the other hand......there are some imports that i enjoy very much......
    the new skyline puts all of us to shame, (not even the new zo6 can touch it) too bad it comes with such a high sticker price.
    and, cobra guy, dont get mad at me, although i am a camaro guy all the way, i have seen some snakes worth taking a look at, maybe even a stare.

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by venci44 View Post
    are you guys serious? if you want to race an import find a real one, not a honda accord w/ intake and exhaust. all i am trying to say, is that, in that race it was way too obvious who was going to win. there are plenty of imports (4 cyl)(6cyl) whatever, that will put our cars to shame with some simple mods. i am not trying to rag on the ls1's, not at all, i LOVE mine. and i am not saying, dont race the dumb ass cooks with their four door sedans (fwd), 3 foot wings, and many, many stickers that give them 5 hp's each....., just dont post it on you tube and tell people to watch it, as if they should be amazed.
    dont think you understand. we are talking about a srt-4 with a 50 trim turbo pushing 30 psi 480/520.

Thread Information