Pewter
    2000 Z28

Thumbs up 2 Kills last Friday.

Im usually not a big street racer anymore (too many yrs with my license suspended for that shit) but every once in a while I just get that old itch. Well last friday I had to run out and buy a new power cord for my laptop, but best buy didnt open until 10 am. This meant I had to leave work on a busy friday morning to get it (Im the onsite IT, as well as internet sales rep) as I am almost useless at work without my comp. Anyway on to the kill.
    I am waiting to pull out of work, and I see 2 mustangs roll by, one was a light blue mach 1 200? (dont know the yrs of those) and the other was a newer 07-08 gt with shelby badging, scoops, spoiler blah blah blah. I figure Im gonna get me some of that. So I roll out and catch em quick. I pull up behind the Shelby, and hes just trollin, but slows down, so I drop in behind the mach 1. As we pull up to the nest light he jumps over to the right infront of the shelby. As we sit at the light he starts revving, and I hear a whine that can only mean FI. I think "Oh shit, I just bit off more then I can chew.." So I stay off the throttle (I figure no point running a procharged/ supercharged stang) adn as the light goes green he nails it..... and I just let out first, hit second, and then say FUCK IT!!! I smash it back into first and put my foot through the floor boards. Not only did I reel him in, charger whining away the whole time, but then proceed to put two cars on him and HOLD the lead until the next light (prolly 3/4 of a mile) and he just couldnt close the gap. He pulls in behind me at the light, and starts revving the shit out of it, and I just give him 5 grand of LM1. He then pulls out and jumps on the highway as I go on my way to best buy.
    The second one was a built SRT4 that chased me down to a light, and started winding up next to me. Needless to say, after that morning, I loaded up to 2300, and as the yellow light went out, I dropped the hammer so once green showed, all he saw was my tails, and he actually kept up fairly well. I was surprised. He pulled next to me and we talked he said he was stage 2 and blah blah blah. We gave each other a thumbs up and I took off. Fun day though.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

nice kills

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

awesome dude!!! what mods you have? i love fuckin up machs. they can be quick but i'll stick with the ls1

Black
    1999 ss

so do I

Red
    2001 ws6

added 2 more pustangs to my wrap sheet this weekend nice kill bud

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    awesome dude!!! what mods you have? i love fuckin up machs. they can be quick but i'll stick with the ls1
    Mods are slp headers, highflow cats, lm1, slp maf and smooth bellows, k and n flowpac with ram air up top with an ultra z hood, downstairs via ram air intake under the bumper, jet performance comp (tune unknown until I can dyno it) and a decent amount of skill racing.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

nice kills.. i say if it was a F/I mach 1 then he needs a driver mod
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Yeah, my thoughts too. Like I said, when I heard the whine, I figured I was smoked before we even started. Only reason I ran it out was cause I was pissed off about having to drop a bill for a cord for my comp, and I was in the mood for no mungstain b/s. If he hadn't nailed it, I would have just let him go.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Most guys take gt's and put the badges on them and supercharge those turd 2v's. Probably making 20rwhp less than you w/ a s/c. Weird though it was a s/c mach 1 then he should have been putting down over 400whp.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I have also lost to those fucking skittles everytime I run into one so congrats-those bastards are a sore spot for me.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Most guys take gt's and put the badges on them and supercharge those turd 2v's. Probably making 20rwhp less than you w/ a s/c. Weird though it was a s/c mach 1 then he should have been putting down over 400whp.
    For all I know he sandbagged, but it sure sounded like he was all in off the light, and it was definitely a Mach 1. Shaker, stripes, color, badges, otherwise one hell of a clone. There is also the fact that I dont know fully what my car has done to it. Could be quite a bit more then what I have listed, but im not gonna tear it open just to find out. I just know it pulls 0-60 sub 4's, and banks a 100 about 3-4 seconds later. Lot more then my 99 had for power, and I have yet to be beat by a Skittle.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    For all I know he sandbagged, but it sure sounded like he was all in off the light, and it was definitely a Mach 1. Shaker, stripes, color, badges, otherwise one hell of a clone. There is also the fact that I dont know fully what my car has done to it. Could be quite a bit more then what I have listed, but im not gonna tear it open just to find out. I just know it pulls 0-60 sub 4's, and banks a 100 about 3-4 seconds later. Lot more then my 99 had for power, and I have yet to be beat by a Skittle.
    With everything that car came w/ I wouldn't be surprised if the original owner had thrown in a hot cam of some sort from slp- you lucky bastard.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    With everything that car came w/ I wouldn't be surprised if the original owner had thrown in a hot cam of some sort from slp- you lucky bastard.
    Thats a possibility I hadn't even thought of. Could explain a lot. As soon as I have more fun money I need to get it on a dyno so as to know the truth, but my brother (who has been building hot rods and big block cars his whole life) thinks it might be somewhere right around 430. Im tellin ya, it pulls like a raped ape. Broke loose hittin 5th getting on the highway one night. Right then I knew something was up.

silver
    Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    Im usually not a big street racer anymore (too many yrs with my license suspended for that shit) but every once in a while I just get that old itch. Well last friday I had to run out and buy a new power cord for my laptop, but best buy didnt open until 10 am. This meant I had to leave work on a busy friday morning to get it (Im the onsite IT, as well as internet sales rep) as I am almost useless at work without my comp. Anyway on to the kill.
    I am waiting to pull out of work, and I see 2 mustangs roll by, one was a light blue mach 1 200? (dont know the yrs of those) and the other was a newer 07-08 gt with shelby badging, scoops, spoiler blah blah blah. I figure Im gonna get me some of that. So I roll out and catch em quick. I pull up behind the Shelby, and hes just trollin, but slows down, so I drop in behind the mach 1. As we pull up to the nest light he jumps over to the right infront of the shelby. As we sit at the light he starts revving, and I hear a whine that can only mean FI. I think "Oh shit, I just bit off more then I can chew.." So I stay off the throttle (I figure no point running a procharged/ supercharged stang) adn as the light goes green he nails it..... and I just let out first, hit second, and then say FUCK IT!!! I smash it back into first and put my foot through the floor boards. Not only did I reel him in, charger whining away the whole time, but then proceed to put two cars on him and HOLD the lead until the next light (prolly 3/4 of a mile) and he just couldnt close the gap. He pulls in behind me at the light, and starts revving the shit out of it, and I just give him 5 grand of LM1. He then pulls out and jumps on the highway as I go on my way to best buy.
    The second one was a built SRT4 that chased me down to a light, and started winding up next to me. Needless to say, after that morning, I loaded up to 2300, and as the yellow light went out, I dropped the hammer so once green showed, all he saw was my tails, and he actually kept up fairly well. I was surprised. He pulled next to me and we talked he said he was stage 2 and blah blah blah. We gave each other a thumbs up and I took off. Fun day though.
    Great kills.. pat on back!!

Scotty

Thread Information