Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Smile 2 kills-98 t/a and 00 lightning

well first one was last week, found my buddy with a stock '98 formula. nbm, a4, bone stock and like 190k miles. he has been wanting to run me for awhile and finally got the chance. found each other on the hiway and he calls me, we were gonna go from a 65ish punch. i do the usual- 6th to 4th then grab 3rd so i dont go to 1st or 5th. he is a full car in front of me and he heard me grab 4th and the bitch nails it. i was like fml, put it in 3rd hammered down, pulled, nailed 4th when i was passing him stayed in it and grabbed 5th and ended bout 2 or 2.5 cars in front. not bad seeing we were on the fone the whole time and i am a m6 haha. 1 handed drivin and shifting and pulled 4 cars 65-115. he was like damn that thing sounds sooo good

then tonight on way home i get on the same hiway, mergin on i looked back and thought a minivan was coming up behind me but the sun was hell that way. well it was a lightning. he got on my ass then moved over and came up to me, i looked over and he gave me the whats up nod and i returned, he punched it a few times and i was like yay, first we went from 70ish, he hit it first and i pulled grabbed 4th and got bout a car on him, windows were up. he came back up and i rolled window down to give thumbs up and he wanted some more so he slowed and i slowed, trying to get him to slow to round 50 or so so i could use 2nd. he just nails it and damn that side exit exhaust was so damn loud but sounded so good i was like damnit! maybe he sandbaggin me. well i never tried on that one and i waved his ass down and he slowed to 50 i let him hit it first, i nailed it, grabbed 3rd chirped tires, grabbed 4th and could see his ass still in it outta my rearview. he came up and we gave our compliments and he was like i am all stock man all stock. i was like bullshit and he goes well cept cai and exhaust haha. i shot him the dewce and he took off hard and all i heard that time since he was on my passenger side was that eaton screaming away.

sorry for novel but i all giddy inside now sippin some brew

btw- i am full bolt ons, weak tune- 331rwhp 336rwtq with 4.10s and 115k miles
    Last edited by blue02Z; 11-05-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: smilie fix

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

sounds like you raped that lightning. and you have a REALLY weak tune.

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    sounds like you raped that lightning. and you have a REALLY weak tune.
    how is a car length a rape???

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Yeah I was wrong,but hell if you get the tip in,it counts in court.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Hahaha. Thanks fellas. I need to calm down. That's 3 kills this month, cops will catch me eventually
    Last edited by blue02Z; 11-07-2010 at 06:10 AM.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

well sounds like it was a better kill on the 2nd race (more than a car) good kill aj, u need to put in ur tr-55's and get a frost.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

nice kill man. i ran a lightning a while back and smoked his ass lol that was a fun night

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Vedy nice!

Black
    1999 WS6

Uhhh, the Lightning is a truck....you better rape it. Sounds to me like you need some help if you only pulled like you say you did on a 360HP truck that weighs 4670 pounds.
    I surely wouldn't brag about it...especially IF you have 331rwhp and 4.10 gears.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Uhhh, the Lightning is a truck....you better rape it. Sounds to me like you need some help if you only pulled like you say you did on a 360HP truck that weighs 4670 pounds.
    I surely wouldn't brag about it...especially IF you have 331rwhp and 4.10 gears.
    That's what i was thinking.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x View Post
    That's what i was thinking.
    wow sounds like a bunch of haters

o and kevnstac, u need to calm the sh!t down man! have you ever heard of a modded lightning? huh? have you???????? being someone who owns a MODDED p51b i would expect you to understand that a modded svt could be putting anything down.

thats like a kill story saying that i beat a termi that LOOKED stock but who knows wtf it had done to. do me a favor and go stick it

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

o and btw i am not bragging bitches. just stating what happened in the kill section on this site, wow i am suprised by the last 2 replies

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    wow sounds like a bunch of haters

o and kevnstac, u need to calm the sh!t down man! have you ever heard of a modded lightning? huh? have you???????? being someone who owns a MODDED p51b i would expect you to understand that a modded svt could be putting anything down.

thats like a kill story saying that i beat a termi that LOOKED stock but who knows wtf it had done to. do me a favor and go stick it
    Man...you're the one needing to chill.
    I simply stated, the truck is pulling half a ton more weight then you are. He would need one hell of a modification just to stay within the same area code as a 331rwhp Z28 running with 4.10 gears.

It was a good kill...ok??? Geez settle down already I mean no harm nor am I a hater.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

He easily could have been modded. i would think a full bolt on pullied/tuned lightning would definitely hang especially if he had a ported blower. Its not uncommon to see a truck with potential have some good mods done to it.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    He easily could have been modded. i would think a full bolt on pullied/tuned lightning would definitely hang especially if he had a ported blower. Its not uncommon to see a truck with potential have some good mods done to it.
    Ok, here is what drove me to say what I did. And trust me, no disrespect to the OP AT ALL. Actually I think his car is sweet ( I saw a pic of it in the COTM thread) and at 331rwhp with 4.10's driving it, I'd bet that baby screams....
    I had an 02 Lightning with special made pulley upgrade by Carmen, CAI, tune by BamaChips at the time running just a cunt hair over 370rwhp. I even changed the gears from the stock 3.73's to 4.10's so I could pull a better 1/8th with it. Installed a set of Goodyear F1GS tires on it and proceeded to run a 8.42 at the local track. The further it went, the slower it got and WEIGHT and aerodynamics were my biggest enemies.

Now I'm not the best drag racer out there, but my stock WS6 ran an 8.74 on my first trip down the strip on stock rear gears. I have since modded the car heavily and after the first "mod go around" I had dyno results of 327rwhp. I ran an 8.13 on the same stock rear gears and only had Cooper Zeon 2XS tires on it.
    His car should be better all around, my torque numbers were not that high either.
    While any kill is a good kill, this is what prompted my response. This appeared to be a "rolling race" where his car should have had NO problem running over a truck.
    If it offended anyone, then I apoligize. I'm not here to start trouble and looking back at my post I could easily see how I could piss myself off for the way it was written...so I say again...Sorry to the OP.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i gotcha. just seemed that you were like whoopty doo, you beat a truck. hell i have a bud that has a lightning that if we went from a 65 roll he would have traction issues. there is no telling what he had done to it.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Ok, here is what drove me to say what I did. And trust me, no disrespect to the OP AT ALL. Actually I think his car is sweet ( I saw a pic of it in the COTM thread) and at 331rwhp with 4.10's driving it, I'd bet that baby screams....
    I had an 02 Lightning with special made pulley upgrade by Carmen, CAI, tune by BamaChips at the time running just a cunt hair over 370rwhp. I even changed the gears from the stock 3.73's to 4.10's so I could pull a better 1/8th with it. Installed a set of Goodyear F1GS tires on it and proceeded to run a 8.42 at the local track. The further it went, the slower it got and WEIGHT and aerodynamics were my biggest enemies.

Now I'm not the best drag racer out there, but my stock WS6 ran an 8.74 on my first trip down the strip on stock rear gears. I have since modded the car heavily and after the first "mod go around" I had dyno results of 327rwhp. I ran an 8.13 on the same stock rear gears and only had Cooper Zeon 2XS tires on it.
    His car should be better all around, my torque numbers were not that high either.
    While any kill is a good kill, this is what prompted my response. This appeared to be a "rolling race" where his car should have had NO problem running over a truck.
    If it offended anyone, then I apoligize. I'm not here to start trouble and looking back at my post I could easily see how I could piss myself off for the way it was written...so I say again...Sorry to the OP.
    i completely understand now what you are saying lol. Especially after your post the guy that quoted you seemed like he was dogging too.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Classic mix-up!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Idk about yall but my brother had a 01 lightning and he has a exhaust cai and a good tune he put 406hp and 412 ft tq down. Then trucks are really underrated by ford, I need to find the dyno graph he had if he even still has it cause he totaled the truck drunk driving.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ldurham View Post
    Classic mix-up!
    Lol Alan....

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Idk about yall but my brother had a 01 lightning and he has a exhaust cai and a good tune he put 406hp and 412 ft tq down. Then trucks are really underrated by ford, I need to find the dyno graph he had if he even still has it cause he totaled the truck drunk driving.
    Ah man that blows

Thread Information