Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

1 sad supercharged gt!

Last night I decided to go cruise around my local town in the 240sx Since it has not been out since I Converted it to Propane fuel and Got the 60-1 precision turbo installed and also the Megasquirt ecu installed with the ls2 coils. Alot of upgades on the 240 in the past months. Note im only turning the car 6500rpm vs normally i turn it 8000 due to i have a tuning issue up top. Im also at 14psi.

So were cruisen along and I decide to stop at walmart to pick up some items. As im exiting the parking lot I hear a loud ass wine sound look over and this Mustang Gt is hauling NUTS beside us He had a decent sounding charger on it. So he falls in behind me at the stop sign. I know what this guy is up to. So when I pull out I ease 1st and get in 2nd gear I hold it there and Sure enough here comes this fool Wide open. His head lights jump way up in the air and he comes around me. I get in it about the time he gets beside me (By this time he is 10-15mph faster) He gets about 2-3 cars ahead of me So I get into the boost and pull like SOB beside him by the end of 2nd and when I hit 3rd gear I put 2 cars on him and was walking away even more so I back off. I get down to about 45mph and the guy wont pull back beside me. SO I slowed down to around 35 and he finally came around me with his windows rolled up and didnt want to go from a roll.

So for the first time back on the street we had some fun! And got a nice race. If the guy hadnt been supercharged I would not of even wasted my gas!

black
    1993 mustang

nice kill! he probably thought u were just another ricer!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

He was prob confused when he seen my 11inch Drag radials on the back and Skinnies on the front! LOL But I tuned him in real quick!

black
    1993 mustang

when he saw your wheels he probably said to himself, no this 240 didn't!!!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA isnt that like 2 bones in 1 bite?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I just built the magesquirt II how did ya get around the knock sensor? They are still in the experimental stages I thought?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I didnt use the knock sensor on my ms1. I didnt know there was any issue's with them.

I know they are coming out with a ms3 soon!

I Do like the ms2 better than ms1. Mine will fire all the ignition coils when the ecu is fired up. Its an issue they fixed with the ms2. So in order for me to start the car and Not backfire it. I had to put a Fuel lock on my propane tank and I gotta cut the fuel off to shut the car off.

I personally only use the megasquirt for timing purposes only. So I dont have all of the extra stuff a fuel injected motor requires. Im still learning alot of details also.

Since I am using a water intercooler and using the propane fuel as a heat exchanger in the intercooler. My intake temps run around 90 degree's at all times. So detonation is not a huge factor with my setup. Thats why Im not using the knock system.

Nice kill.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I didnt use the knock sensor on my ms1. I didnt know there was any issue's with them.

I know they are coming out with a ms3 soon!

I Do like the ms2 better than ms1. Mine will fire all the ignition coils when the ecu is fired up. Its an issue they fixed with the ms2. So in order for me to start the car and Not backfire it. I had to put a Fuel lock on my propane tank and I gotta cut the fuel off to shut the car off.

I personally only use the megasquirt for timing purposes only. So I dont have all of the extra stuff a fuel injected motor requires. Im still learning alot of details also.

Since I am using a water intercooler and using the propane fuel as a heat exchanger in the intercooler. My intake temps run around 90 degree's at all times. So detonation is not a huge factor with my setup. Thats why Im not using the knock system.
    Yeah, DIY's got a write up about how the knock sensor is still in basicly an experimental stages with only a few tests under their belt or so. But there's still a provision in the board for it's use on the MegaII.. I built mine over a few days with the on board MAP, and boost regulator, anded the touch screen LCD too.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

hmm I would email the diy guys and see if thats an old write up and see if there isnt something new out for it. They seem to be pretty much on top of everything tho.

Black
    1999 WS6

Good kill...hardly anyone would suspect that kind of car to pull the HP you've got. Bet he's still trying to figure out what the hell happened.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

haha thats hilarious. Nice kill man!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

LOL, Thanks! FOr the first time back on the street after a few yrs it was good to Totally waste a Mustang!

Now I just need to get my junk to the track and see what kind of numbers I can lay down now.

Im shooting for 6.50's 1/8th mile. hopefully 105-110mph trap speed.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

nice kill! I wish you had a video of his reaction as you went by him

I raced a charged 08 GT in my bone stock A4 vette. We we dead even every time. I don't know which car was sadder.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    LOL, Thanks! FOr the first time back on the street after a few yrs it was good to Totally waste a Mustang!

Now I just need to get my junk to the track and see what kind of numbers I can lay down now.

Im shooting for 6.50's 1/8th mile. hopefully 105-110mph trap speed.
    Sounds like a beast. You got to best my 10.18@140.04 I did with my old 4 cylinder 240SX. Get that RB into the 10s man.

Thread Information