Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

06 goat, funny story

We were up bright and early last Saturday to head down to Good Guys in Phoenix, driving the Ventura.
    We were cruising mainly back roads, and was heading West on Care Free Highway, a 4 lane with a 55 mph speed limit.
    We are in the slow lane cruising 55, no traffic around at 7am, all by ourselves when this black 06 goat comes up on me and then proceeds to fly past my driver side within inches of the car, then swerves over in front of me just missing the driver fender. Then stomps it and takes off.

I look at my wife and she's like "what the hell is that guys problem?" I let it go as he dissappears ahead. Wouldn't ya know it, about a mile up the road he is caught at the light in the fast lane. I start rolling my window down and my wife is wondering what I'm doing. I pull up to his passenger side and get as close to his car as I can (an inch or two ) He is already rolling is pass window down. So I yell over,,,,"there ya go, is that close enough for ya asshole?"
    He does the most bizzar and funniest thing, Get this, I couldn't believe it myself, but the guy flex's his bicep at me and points at it with his other hand and then says "see this? 6'4" and 215 baby" Keep in mind we are talking about a middle aged guy at least as old as I am,,,not some teenager.
    So I get a chuckle and then yell over, "so you're a tough guy huh?" He had no clue who he was talking to (that requires indepth knowledge of my backround) but anyway, he realized the tough guy act wasn't working on me so he changes tone and starts throwing insults at my car saying, I'll blow that piece of shit away, and some other crap I don't remember, blah blah blah.
    I said, well you talk tough, lets race and find out. He points at the hood and says "550 HP baby" Again I laugh and say, I don't care what ya got, time to show it. Lets do it. He then revs the crap out of it bouncing the rev limiter, sounded like a stocker to me, I knew this guy was completely full of himself.
    I gave the Ventura a quick rap and said lets go.

About that time the green left turn arrow comes on and the guy bolts a left turn from the fast lane and got the hell outta there

What a friggin loser. I'd expect it from a teenager (no offense to those) but from a middle aged dude? Must be something they are putting in the water out here

This is one big reason I don't care to drive classic cars during busy times, who'd of thought I'd run into an idiot in the weee hours of the morning, just my luck.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Too good not to share, eh?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

hahahah lmao, damn how random is that shit, I mean really I thought people was supposed to gain maturity as they got older not get dumber. But I love the good guys show we have it here in charlotte in october every year I havent been in like 3 years but I plan on going next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Too good not to share, eh?
    Ya, I called my father and told him, he got a real good laugh out of that one.

I have to admit, I'm still in disbelief with the whole bicep flex thing I'm sure glad my wife was there to see it. Otherwise she'd never believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    hahahah lmao, damn how random is that shit, I mean really I thought people was supposed to gain maturity as they got older not get dumber. But I love the good guys show we have it here in charlotte in october every year I havent been in like 3 years but I plan on going next year!!!
    Goodguys is a ball. I mainly go for the swap meet. I hit a gold mine last year and had to go back home for the pickup to bring it all back, but really didn't find much of anything this year.

It's gotten big enough out here that they have 2 of them a year now.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya, I called my father and told him, he got a real good laugh out of that one.

I have to admit, I'm still in disbelief with the whole bicep flex thing I'm sure glad my wife was there to see it. Otherwise she'd never believe me.

Look at my guns... 6'4" and 215 baby......

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

sounds like a huge case of small man syndrome id bet he has a jacked up truck at home too

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    sounds like a huge case of small man syndrome id bet he has a jacked up truck at home too
    Don't we all have jacked up trucks? I have to have something with ground clearance so I can tool around off road in the mountains

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Don't we all have jacked up trucks? I have to have something with ground clearance so I can tool around off road in the mountains
    nothing wrong with that i just hate the guys that are barely 5' and buy huge ass trucks to try and make themselves look bigger i went to highschool with a few of them and they thought they were hot shit

Ya, seems big trucks are the thing now. Mine isn't jacked up though. It's hard enough to climb into , just stock ride height but it gets me off road where ever I care to go.

My other pickup truck is a 2WD 1 ton to pull the trailer around. It's not jacked up either.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

isnt a ventura a mini-van?

Nope, not that I know of.

This is a Ventura, the last of the breed.

Ventura's were made as far back as the early 60's.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

he must be thinking of the chevy venture van.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Nope, not that I know of.

This is a Ventura, the last of the breed.

Click for full size

Ventura's were made as far back as the early 60's.

Nice looking Ventura.. Pontiac had the Ventura and GM the Nova.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Nice looking Ventura.. Pontiac had the Ventura and Chevy the Nova.
    fixed.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Ya, seems big trucks are the thing now. Mine isn't jacked up though. It's hard enough to climb into , just stock ride height but it gets me off road where ever I care to go.

Click for full size

My other pickup truck is a 2WD 1 ton to pull the trailer around. It's not jacked up either.
    man idk what i like better the truck or the shop in the back ground

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

We were up bright and early last Saturday to head down to Good Guys in Phoenix, driving the Ventura.
    We were cruising mainly back roads, and was heading West on Care Free Highway, a 4 lane with a 55 mph speed limit.
    We are in the slow lane cruising 55, no traffic around at 7am, all by ourselves when this black 06 goat comes up on me and then proceeds to fly past my driver side within inches of the car, then swerves over in front of me just missing the driver fender. Then stomps it and takes off.

I look at my wife and she's like "what the hell is that guys problem?" I let it go as he dissappears ahead. Wouldn't ya know it, about a mile up the road he is caught at the light in the fast lane. I start rolling my window down and my wife is wondering what I'm doing. I pull up to his passenger side and get as close to his car as I can (an inch or two ) He is already rolling is pass window down. So I yell over,,,,"there ya go, is that close enough for ya asshole?"
    He does the most bizzar and funniest thing, Get this, I couldn't believe it myself, but the guy flex's his bicep at me and points at it with his other hand and then says "see this? 6'4" and 215 baby" Keep in mind we are talking about a middle aged guy at least as old as I am,,,not some teenager.
    So I get a chuckle and then yell over, "so you're a tough guy huh?" He had no clue who he was talking to (that requires indepth knowledge of my backround) but anyway, he realized the tough guy act wasn't working on me so he changes tone and starts throwing insults at my car saying, I'll blow that piece of shit away, and some other crap I don't remember, blah blah blah.
    I said, well you talk tough, lets race and find out. He points at the hood and says "550 HP baby" Again I laugh and say, I don't care what ya got, time to show it. Lets do it. He then revs the crap out of it bouncing the rev limiter, sounded like a stocker to me, I knew this guy was completely full of himself.
    I gave the Ventura a quick rap and said lets go.

About that time the green left turn arrow comes on and the guy bolts a left turn from the fast lane and got the hell outta there

What a friggin loser. I'd expect it from a teenager (no offense to those) but from a middle aged dude? Must be something they are putting in the water out here

This is one big reason I don't care to drive classic cars during busy times, who'd of thought I'd run into an idiot in the weee hours of the morning, just my luck.

What a Jackass.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    He's talking about the type of trucks we saw at Pavilions a few weekends ago Larry.

You know, Semi stacks, 48" lift that needs a step ladder to get into, train horn, all that stupid BS...

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    He's talking about the type of trucks we saw at Pavilions a few weekends ago Larry.

You know, Semi stacks, 48" lift that needs a step ladder to get into, train horn, all that stupid BS...
    you nailed it right on the head the only thing your missing is the 5' guy driving it

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

what an idiot. i love how you handled it.

Click for full size

Click for full size
    i can only imagine what else is tucked away in that building.

Thread Information