Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

05GT A5 vs 05GT M5

I raced a friend of mine's 05GT with the 5 speed auto. I thought for sure I was toast as I can't launch to save my life. I wasn't sure how long the road was, maybe a 1/4.

First run:
    I launched at 2500, let out too much clutch and spun most of the way through first and he jumps out a couple lengths on me. I can not drive, obviously, hitting the rev limiter at the top of 2nd. I was able to get even with his back bumper before we had to shut it down. DAMMIT!

Second run:
    I left at around 1100 and feathered the clutch more. He only jumped out to maybe a car and by the top of second I was pulling past. This time I remembered to shift to third and got my back bumper to his front by the time we shut down in the middle of third.

He is about as stock as I am except for a catless X pipe. I have an intake and exhaust but no tune. Not to mention the 220#s of dead weight sitting next me me screaming "you're gunna get him!"

Just thought I'd share. Next in line is some dickie with an RSX type S with a fart can and rims. He makes a point to rev past everytime I see him. Anyone ever run one of those? I haven't talked my friend with the 05 WRX into lining up yet.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Nice kill! You shouldn't have any probs with that rsx unless he's got boost and plenty of it. Are the autos still that much slower than the sticks in the 05 stangs?

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Nice kill! You shouldn't have any probs with that rsx unless he's got boost and plenty of it. Are the autos still that much slower than the sticks in the 05 stangs?
    Some magazines have the auto .1 faster than the sticks.

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    I rode with him and 1st and 2nd seemed strong, but after that it just seemed lacking. It shifted smooth and fast, just didn't pull as hard as mine.
    Last edited by s197; 03-10-2006 at 05:59 AM.

NBM
    '00 Z28

good to know. Thanks for the info.

LS0NE
    Quote Originally Posted by s197
    I left at around 1100 and feathered the clutch more...

Not to mention the 220#s of dead weight sitting next me me screaming "you're gunna get him!"
    damn, my car idles at 1100...

that reminds me of the video with the guy in the 03 Cobra trying to catch another car (maybe a supra) that is CLEARLY pulling away, and the guys like "im catchin him, im catchin him, im catchin him!!" anyone have that link? its hilarious...
    -Chris

Thread Information