Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

silver
    2002 ws6

05 stang goes down....

so my cousin came down today with his 05 stang, complete with full array of bolt-ons. long tubes, catless x-pipe, CAI, programmer, mustang attitude...

so he wanted to race my ws6, which i have a little exhaust work, CAI, ported tb and a programmer.

race1: i REALLY shit the bed on the launch (slept, then spun out) and he got a couple lengths on me right out of the hole. i was running him down hard but couldnt quite catch him in the 1\4.. lost by half a car.

race2: i started paying more attention, and nailed my launch and he spun out and just quit. i was like 3 cars ahead by 60 mph

race 3: we both nailed our launch perfectly. side by side till top of 2nd i started to pull. 3rd i was running all over him. by the end of the 1\4 i had a good 2-3 cars

race 4: same.

race 5: same

i must say though he was quite humble and gracious in defeat. those little fuckers are quick out of the hole so you better bring your A game!

i should have a vid of this in a few days possibly

NBM
    98 trans am

good run man

10's N/A

Good runs.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post

so he wanted to race my ws6, which i have a little exhaust work, CAI, ported tb and a programmer.

i must say though he was quite humble and gracious in defeat. those little fuckers are quick out of the hole so you better bring your A game!

i should have a vid of this in a few days possibly
    First of all, NICE KILL.

But........

Damn, that's all you have? Not Heads and Camwork? Not even full exhaust? I wish I could run you! Esp, since you hate Mustangs so much. You are the EXACT type of guy I like to add to my kill list. Sorry, but it would be a pleasure to beat that WS6. Beautiful car. The best F-body IMO, but I'd have to kill it. I'd have to watch you look puzzled cuz I'm not supercharged and I beat you. I would just say you have been listening to the forums too much. I'm sure you'd get me on the highway, but not in the 1/4. I don't know what they put down after your mods, but if you beat me, it wouldn't be by more than a car. I don't think you could get me everytime though. I'd bet on that. I thought maybe you had done the full Headwork and cam thing at least since most ls1 guys brag about beating bolt on Stangs when they have Cams, turbos and stuff. YOu would ,most likely, run strong 13's here. Good stock Termie drivers run 13.7 to 14.1 or so. The guys with really made over LS1's usually run mid to low 12's here if they're launching well and not spinning. Bolt on LS1's run 13's out here. I don't have all the bolt ons for my car and it's cracked 13's already.(Average D/A's are about 8000ft)

You're race description sounded about right. My point was illustrated. If you think you can sleep on the 3v, you're gonna get beat. I don't know if your friend(M5 or A4?) had tires and was hooking, but if he had stock rubber, his mods were a waste. Stock for stock, you guys have more meat on your cars. You learned by the second race and started to realize you had a challenge. I ran my buddies SS from the bottom of second to the top of 3rd, and he has Headwork and cams, full exhaust, timing chain(I dunno some kinda fancy chain), and had a damn good tuner. All I know is he has Vipers and shit on his kill list. We stayed even till midway through 3rd, then that thing was out midway into 3rd!!! In the 1/4, he has to work at it to catch me cuz he's on stock rubber, but he gets me at about the 1/8 mile and just screams past me, so I know what the LS1 can do with some work in it. I use his car as a gauge cuz it's LS1 at it's best. I know you can't wipe the floor with my friends SS so that puts you closer to my catagory. Anyways, If an LS1/2 isn't modded like my buddies SS, I'm not worried bout it.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 07-14-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Nice Kill man. Camarofan could have just left it at that.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    Nice Kill man. Camarofan could have just left it at that.

Nah, there's more to things than that. Hammer's one of those guys that thinks he can't be beaten by a non supercharged Stang, so I had to comment. I mentioned an LS2 kill(OMG) and some of the boyz got upset and ranted about it, cept I didn't get a "nice kill" so... There ya go, two way street. Plus, I like Hammer and a few others on here. He's the kinda guy I'd like to defeat. All in good rivalry for me.

Okay, okay, I'll leave the thread, but Hammer, bet you can't catch me in the 1/4. Your buddies are here, so I have to go.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 07-14-2008 at 01:39 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    First of all, NICE KILL.

But........

Damn, that's all you have? Not Heads and Camwork? Not even full exhaust? I wish I could run you! Esp, since you hate Mustangs so much. You are the EXACT type of guy I like to add to my kill list. Sorry, but it would be a pleasure to beat that WS6. Beautiful car. The best F-body IMO, but I'd have to kill it. I'd have to watch you look puzzled cuz I'm not supercharged and I beat you. I would just say you have been listening to the forums too much. I'm sure you'd get me on the highway, but not in the 1/4. I don't know what they put down after your mods, but if you beat me, it wouldn't be by more than a car. I don't think you could get me everytime though. I'd bet on that. I thought maybe you had done the full Headwork and cam thing at least since most ls1 guys brag about beating bolt on Stangs when they have Cams, turbos and stuff. YOu would ,most likely, run strong 13's here. Good stock Termie drivers run 13.7 to 14.1 or so. The guys with really made over LS1's usually run mid to low 12's here if they're launching well and not spinning. Bolt on LS1's run 13's out here. I don't have all the bolt ons for my car and it's cracked 13's already.(Average D/A's are about 8000ft)

You're race description sounded about right. My point was illustrated. If you think you can sleep on the 3v, you're gonna get beat. I don't know if your friend(M5 or A4?) had tires and was hooking, but if he had stock rubber, his mods were a waste. Stock for stock, you guys have more meat on your cars. You learned by the second race and started to realize you had a challenge. I ran my buddies SS from the bottom of second to the top of 3rd, and he has Headwork and cams, full exhaust, timing chain(I dunno some kinda fancy chain), and had a damn good tuner. All I know is he has Vipers and shit on his kill list. We stayed even till midway through 3rd, then that thing was out midway into 3rd!!! In the 1/4, he has to work at it to catch me cuz he's on stock rubber, but he gets me at about the 1/8 mile and just screams past me, so I know what the LS1 can do with some work in it. I use his car as a gauge cuz it's LS1 at it's best. I know you can't wipe the floor with my friends SS so that puts you closer to my catagory. Anyways, If an LS1/2 isn't modded like my buddies SS, I'm not worried bout it.

his car is m5 and mine is an m6.

the stang was just out performed plain and simple. even when we we're side by side off the launch, by the top of second he couldnt hang.

ls1 cars are just faster. deal with it.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

First of all, NICE KILL.

But........

Make sure you race a black Ws.6 if you happen to see it running around Denver!!!

And lets see a list of mods....You're an idiot; stock for stock, mod for mod you will lose every time...There is a guy on here that has tried to make this point (think his 05 stang runs low 12's) and even he is smart enough to admit that you can not replace displacement. Just wait until the new Camaro comes out and your Stang will have trouble keeping up with the v6.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Nice kill Hammer!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Good clean kill man

10's N/A

First of all, NICE KILL.

But........

You give all Mustang owners a bad name. Pure ignorance.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 07-14-2008 at 08:43 AM.

NBM
    98 trans am

First of all, NICE KILL.

But........

geeze someone is bitter about a mustang loss.....

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    geeze someone is bitter about a mustang loss.....
    haha he got butt hurt really quick! I talked my boss into racing me in his 07 GT, we have guys taking bets, so far Im the underdog but Im a way better drive than him. Were both mostly stock manual cars minus my K&N fipk and his ford racing cat back from the factory.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

First of all, NICE KILL.

But........

Not to hijach but LOL at you Aatar I got that picture in my email yesterday.

back to topic

the mustangs are always quick out of the hole you can thank that good rear end they have.

silver
    2002 ws6

was talkin to the guy tonight. he claims his car is dyno tuned to 360 rwhp. is that possible with full bolt ons and a tune?

10's N/A

was talkin to the guy tonight. he claims his car is dyno tuned to 360 rwhp. is that possible with full bolt ons and a tune?
    Uhh...NO!

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

1. "You are the EXACT type of guy I like to add to my kill list. Sorry, but it would be a pleasure to beat that WS6. Beautiful car. The best F-body IMO, but I'd have to kill it. I'd have to watch you look puzzled cuz I'm not supercharged and I beat you."

2. "I'm sure you'd get me on the highway, but not in the 1/4. I don't know what they put down after your mods, but if you beat me, it wouldn't be by more than a car. I don't think you could get me everytime though. I'd bet on that."

Ha ha, I think he is confused as to who would win? Idk, what all mods you got "Camarofan"? I love mustangs though, and too bad you and Hammer dont live closer or we could stop the talking and see what happens.
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Uhh...NO!
    the guy isnt a bs-er. could be the dyno is incorrect.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    1. "You are the EXACT type of guy I like to add to my kill list. Sorry, but it would be a pleasure to beat that WS6. Beautiful car. The best F-body IMO, but I'd have to kill it. I'd have to watch you look puzzled cuz I'm not supercharged and I beat you."

2. "I'm sure you'd get me on the highway, but not in the 1/4. I don't know what they put down after your mods, but if you beat me, it wouldn't be by more than a car. I don't think you could get me everytime though. I'd bet on that."

Ha ha, I think he is confused as to who would win? Idk, what all mods you got "Camarofan"? I love mustangs though, and too bad you and Hammer dont live closer or we could stop the talking and see what happens.
    i'd be up for that. if he wins i'll buy the beer.

10's N/A

the guy isnt a bs-er. could be the dyno is incorrect.
    Bs-er or not, a 4.6 3-valve is not putting down 360rwhp with just bolt-ons. That would be more than a full bolt-on LS1 realistically speaking. And remember you said he claimed to have put that number down, meaning you didn't actually see proof.

Thread Information