Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05 Red Goat

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

05 Red Goat

Man, these things are my nemesis. Or sort of. He had a 2005 M6 with a catback, except he wasn't running tips or muffler so it was loud. First run, from 20, he got the jump on me and held it, losing a nudge during shifts and pulling to make it up each gear. Went up to about 100. On our second run I took off a little early and he gave up, unable to pull me in. I felt like I did pretty well because the !muffler is a weight reduction and the guy driving was tiny, maybe against a stock one with a regular size guy driving I might have prevailed. Here's hopin for 12's with my new DR's.

Oh, speaking of them. When I decided to test them out earlier I happened to be lined up next to a bike. He launched after me and caught up rather slowly, since he was on a bike and then to about 90 he got about a car ahead of me. All in all, I feel like my bird is running very well right now.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    I feel like my bird is running very well right now.
    Until you go to the track.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

what mods do you have?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Man, these things are my nemesis. Or sort of. He had a 2005 M6 with a catback, except he wasn't running tips or muffler so it was loud. First run, from 20, he got the jump on me and held it, losing a nudge during shifts and pulling to make it up each gear. Went up to about 100. On our second run I took off a little early and he gave up, unable to pull me in. I felt like I did pretty well because the !muffler is a weight reduction and the guy driving was tiny, maybe against a stock one with a regular size guy driving I might have prevailed. Here's hopin for 12's with my new DR's.

Oh, speaking of them. When I decided to test them out earlier I happened to be lined up next to a bike. He launched after me and caught up rather slowly, since he was on a bike and then to about 90 he got about a car ahead of me. All in all, I feel like my bird is running very well right now.
    LS2 GTO vs T/A stock for stock is a driver's race. Good run

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Until you go to the track.
    wtf haha

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    what mods do you have?
    !MAF, lid, cutout, tune. I feel like it certainly runs better than it was when it laid down the 13.2 about a year ago. He had the exhaust stuff so I'd probably put him in the mid-high 12's and he got one and I got one, the only difference between us on each run was reaction time. He was pulling a little on top and I was pulling down low. Hopefully I'm in the mid-high 12's next time out - which might be tomorrow if I can figure out if the strip is still open.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    LS2 GTO vs T/A stock for stock is a driver's race. Good run
    With equal drivers an LS2 Goat should have the advantage.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Your car Seriously needs headers! and an LS6 intake... I hate it when bikes win!

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

!MAF, lid, cutout, tune. I feel like it certainly runs better than it was when it laid down the 13.2 about a year ago. He had the exhaust stuff so I'd probably put him in the mid-high 12's and he got one and I got one, the only difference between us on each run was reaction time. He was pulling a little on top and I was pulling down low. Hopefully I'm in the mid-high 12's next time out - which might be tomorrow if I can figure out if the strip is still open.
    good luck, tell us how it went

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Your car Seriously needs headers! and an LS6 intake... I hate it when bikes win!
    you better be mr. lous quality if you dont want todays modern 600 superbikes to throw a beatdown on you in the 1/4.

black
    99 Z28

so an ls2 gto with exhaust should be in the high 12s?

i beat a bolt-on gto with my bolt on z28, i had him everytime, well except for when he got the hit lol. i love gtos

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

sounds about right. I want a GTO so bad.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

wtf haha
    I always think my car is fast until I go to the track and I see numbers then my mind starts racing on how to go faster and then it just feels slow until I make it go faster. Its a vicious cycle lol....

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

well in defense of most cars out there. yes bikes are fast as hell in many cases. the ones from about 02 and up but older aren't THAT fast. not to mention the biker has to know how to drive too.

Mean that you'd put the stomp on a bike but not let him walk on you bad is a whole other story...

All i need is time and money

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

well in defense of most cars out there. yes bikes are fast as hell in many cases. the ones from about 02 and up but older aren't THAT fast. not to mention the biker has to know how to drive too.

Mean that you'd put the stomp on a bike but not let him walk on you bad is a whole other story...

any modern 600 with fuel injection is goin to be a handfull, yes you can beat them, but only if you have a lot of money to burn lol

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    so an ls2 gto with exhaust should be in the high 12s?

i beat a bolt-on gto with my bolt on z28, i had him everytime, well except for when he got the hit lol. i love gtos
    I got into the low 13's my first time at the track, but I am still getting used to the car.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Seriously guys I have seen stock GTO's run 13.2-13.3 @ 108-109mph all night with my own two. If you look at it from a horsepower per weight perspective, they are capable of doing that. And not on a "Evan Smith case basis " if you know what I mean. I'm here at Sea Level so that might be the difference from what some of you guys ran stock. I hate to bring magazines into it but even M/T got 13.2 @ 109 in a bone-stock 6.0. Should be enough to take a stock LS1 Z or Bird w/ a good driver.

Ray Charles blue

Are you sure?

Since the mid 90s the top 600s have been under 12 seconds in the 1/2 mile without a problem. Granted its HARD to run a bike to its full potential but a halfway decent rider will smoke a car 99% of the time. Unless said car is built up pretty stout. Bikes run in to a wall though after 120 or so because the bike is basically pushing the air where as a car cuts through it.

You can beat a bike but most of the time its a squid riding it or your car is one mean mother flipper.....lol

However the newer 1000s have enough power to hit 180mph from a dead stop in UNDER 18 seconds......hell thats faster than most rice burners do the 1/4 mile!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

sounds about right. I want a GTO so bad.
    I just got my GTO and I love it. It is WAY more comfortable than the bird. I still wouldnt trade my WS-6 for anything though.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I just got my GTO and I love it. It is WAY more comfortable than the bird. I still wouldnt trade my WS-6 for anything though.
    Yeah... I think I'm just going to have to have both too perhaps one day...

Thread Information