Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2004 gto

04 cobra vs 04 gto

i know that the 04 cobra kills the gto but what would it take full bolt-ons a cam??????

i hate that cobra (terminator) owners think they are the shit cause the can beat a ls1 stock for stock.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    04 gto stock

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

In my opinion a 04 GTO is gonna need full bolt ons to be able to keep up with a stock Termi, since its a bit heavier then a camaro or firebired LS1 and thats not really for sure you might beat some or lose because you just dont know how the other driver is or how well you will be. Most Termi's ive seen are not stock and just an exhaust change will get a good amount of power nevermind a pully swap and all the other bolt ons they usually put on. Even if i put on my LT's with my mods i would need atleast a 100 shot of nitrous to keep up with a full bolt on Termi or might be able to pull on one slightly. Ive seen Termi's pull between 430-490 RWHP give or take without a ported blower.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

white
    2000 Z28

ls1 has been rumored to handle a 150 wet shot without problems. that and full bolt ons will put a stock termi in your rear view mirror. youll be running with bolt on termis fairly well. but stock for stock and both are competent drivers an ls1 wont overcome that eaton unless it is hot(heaton lol)

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^Agreed, my 93 lt1 took a good amount of abuse and was running a 150 shot for a long long time. At 125 wet shot with full bolt ons i was at about 392 rwhp so at 150 i was easily at about 415-420 and even though it was 25 more i felt a big difference especially in torque regardless the amount of torque its rediculous with nitrous. I actually pulled higher to the wheels then the extra 125 shot at the time and was shocked was expecting to come up a bit short. Once i got it to 150 i stayed there and the smile on my face everytime i used it was just i cant believe how fast this thing pulls, damn i miss my 93.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsxxxls1 View Post
    i know that the 04 cobra kills the gto but what would it take full bolt-ons a cam??????

i hate that cobra (terminator) owners think they are the shit cause the can beat a ls1 stock for stock.........
    In stock form, they are decent, and will pull a little bit on an LS1.

You need to understand that they can get a $60 pulley and a tune and make over 100whp more than stock. I've seen '03-04 Cobras with the stock Eaton supercharger make it into the 10s. Once they are modified, they are no joke.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by burnsxxxls1 View Post
    Not all Termi owners are like this. Got a guy around town here who just picked the 03/04 Cobra, beautiful beautiful car, put exhaust on it the first day or two he had it, tinted the windows, awesome car. I was surprised he didn't offer to run me, but that group of crowd usually won't agree to run anyone unless they know they can beat 'em (atleast from my lastest experience, and years ago). Ah well, maybe tomorrow night we'll see...

black
    2004 gto

how big of nos shot can your car handle on a weekend bases and would it be wet or dry???? and most temis around here just have exhaust ....... and they are very beautiful cars but nothing like a ls1

DSG
    03 DSG Cobra

Be careful with the 03-04 Cobras. As a former LS1 owner I can tell you that my H/C/I 01 SS couldn't keep up with a bolt-on Cobra from a 40 to 120 pull. I would stop them from pulling on me at about 110-115 and start gaining at about 120. Beware of the Cobras with the twin-screw swap, they are incredibly fast. LOL just ask me I know!

Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

exhaust intake tune and pullies put a guy i know at around 460 to the wheels IIRC

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 03ZYSnake View Post
    Be careful with the 03-04 Cobras. As a former LS1 owner I can tell you that my H/C/I 01 SS couldn't keep up with a bolt-on Cobra from a 40 to 120 pull. I would stop them from pulling on me at about 110-115 and start gaining at about 120. Beware of the Cobras with the twin-screw swap, they are incredibly fast. LOL just ask me I know!
    Really? You must not have had a very good setup or tune... I ran an 03 Termi with a Kenne Bell at the track and he couldn't put the car under an 8.5. From a roll, yeah, I could see the favor being more sided with the Cobra. From a dig, a Heads & Cam LSx should fare pretty well.

DSG
    03 DSG Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    Really? You must not have had a very good setup or tune... I ran an 03 Termi with a Kenne Bell at the track and he couldn't put the car under an 8.5. From a roll, yeah, I could see the favor being more sided with the Cobra. From a dig, a Heads & Cam LSx should fare pretty well.
    Depends on the driver mod. From a dig I have a hard time getting ANY kind of traction. My best 60' time is a 1.7 but my trap is right around 127. My Cobra is a monster on the highway, I run litre bikes that can't run away from me. Most LSx cars get left, however I have run a few Procharged C5's that have fared pretty well. A lot depends on the tune I run. If I am on the race map (C-16 fuel) at 23# I am around 815 at the tire. That can be pretty hard to run with, no matter what the car. It's all good though, I am by no means bashing the LS platform, best pushrod motor ever, period.

white
    2000 Z28

depends on the specs. i dont expect a hot cammed 4th gen with mild ported heads to keep up with a mild boosted kb cobra. a solid mid sized or bigger cam can be a better run. with the bigger cams getting a bit of an edge but when they turn up the boost with a different pulley then bye bye ms4 with stage 2.5 heads. im hoping for bigger cubes and a bit of boost to fight fire with fire.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

In the end you have to ask yourself are you happy with the amount of power your pulling because even at 400rwhp your gonna beat plenty of cars out there. The 03-04 Cobra's are beasts and there are people who have dumped some good money into them because they have a great platform to start off with, basically a strong motor built for boost. In the end the main reason why i bought another LS1 over a Termi was several reasons, driver position, stick shift position, clutch pedal and so on. For some people that might not be a bother for me since now im using my camaro for a daily driver it would've been a huge mistake and ive driven several and really wanted to buy one but in the end as always it comes down to preference. My camaro with 125-150 shot of nitrous will take down many bolt on Termi's either way, the ones with KB superchargers or converted to Turbos, no way.

Most Termi's ive seen have the regular bolt ons and run about 430-490rwhp non ported. I think me getting to 360rwhp i would be fairly happy with the power output since im already impressed with it and hardly ever use the car to its full potential anyway. I already know how its like putting nitrous and that would be good no doubt to use every once in a while when you run into something respectable like a bolt on Termi or other fast cars. I have to say i have great respect for the 03-04 Cobra's and wether i win or lose or my car is slower or faster either way you say it, its a great challenge and this is why we buy these cars to enjoy them, have fun and a great hobby that will be around for many years to come.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 04-19-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    In the end you have to ask yourself are you happy with the amount of power your pulling because even at 400rwhp your gonna beat plenty of cars out there. The 03-04 Cobra's are beasts and there are people who have dumped some good money into them because they have a great platform to start off with, basically a strong motor built for boost. In the end the main reason why i bought another LS1 over a Termi was several reasons, driver position, stick shift position, clutch pedal and so on. For some people that might not be a bother for me since now im using my camaro for a daily driver it would've been a huge mistake and ive driven several and really wanted to buy one but in the end as always it comes down to preference. My camaro with 125-150 shot of nitrous will take down many bolt on Termi's either way, the ones with KB superchargers or converted to Turbos, no way.

Most Termi's ive seen have the regular bolt ons and run about 430-490rwhp non ported. I think me getting to 360rwhp i would be fairly happy with the power output since im already impressed with it and hardly ever use the car to its full potential anyway. I already know how its like putting nitrous and that would be good no doubt to use every once in a while when you run into something respectable like a bolt on Termi or other fast cars. I have to say i have great respect for the 03-04 Cobra's and wether i win or lose or my car is slower or faster either way you say it, its a great challenge and this is why we buy these cars to enjoy them, have fun and a great hobby that will be around for many years to come.
    That is the attitude I like to see out of people
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks, blackSS01.

White
    09 G8 GT

How does the C5Z06 do against the 03-04 cobras? Still *just* a (modified) LS1, better weight/aero/gearing maybe?

white
    2000 Z28

c5z in stock trim rocks cobras. its an ls6 not ls1 though. full 405 hp and 3200 lbs. termis are around 3800 lbs with similar power of the c5z stock for stock. that 600 lbs is a huge difference. but again everything ive mentioned so far is strictly stock for stock. modded is a whole different beast. with a pulley and decent port job it can easily catch up to the c5z. the are close in bolt ons though. just because the termis pick up a lot in bolt ons. and of course power adder to the c5z and twin screw swap has lots of variables.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Yeah them damn Cobras will bite you in the ass if you are not ready. I was surprised how many LSX guys talk so much shit and then when I got one they would never step up to the plate and run it. Karpet has a good positive outlook though. Just remember when you can't beat them than mod yours a little bit more. There is never a fair fight on the street!

DSG
    03 DSG Cobra

The whole point of this hobby we all love so much is to HAVE FUN!!! I know that there are a bunch of cars that will make mine look slow.....heck I might not even have the fastest car on my street! But, it's my car, I love it, and every time I step on the loud pedal, it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I'm gonna trade my car for a Cobra.

Thread Information