Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

03 terminator! surprised

well some of you might remember me asking about this race and what not well, it happed unexpectedly on the way home today, he kept trying to get me to and i kept saying na after taunting and taunting i finally said f**k it. He had 2 people with him, his mods are lt's magnaflow exhaust, 2.8 pullley and a ported plenum that we know for sure i cant remember all. he put down i think 444 and 420tq. his fastest time on street tires was 8.5 at 79 and this last weekend he told me he ran a 7.9 at 87 on DR's. So anyways after him hitting it and hearing the supercharger i finally down shifted into 3rd at 70 and ended up slowing down to 50 in 2nd and he gave me the nod he was ready so i honked it off and i went sideways but didnt lose anything really it still snapped, i heard a whine for a second and by 125 i had a car and a half on him! I couldnt believe it, im sure yall are going to call BS but i wouldnt be trying to waste yalls damn time. I kept looking in my side mirror and i just watched that front end keep picking up after each shift but he never pullled and i didnt either. We both hit even but i guess mine just hit a lil harder faster. He gave me thumbs up like 4 times and just kept going. which is weird cuz in any of his other races with me in his other cars he keeps trying as in his car is going to get faster each time. Sorry for another long story, we will get on vid soon becuase ldurham will give him a go as soon as he gets his car runnin.
    2002 SOM Z/28 M6, Level 2 tick performance rebuilt tranny, ls7 clutch with drill mod, SLP lid, Smooth air bellow, P&P TB w/bump stop mod, TB bypass, amsoil air filter, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 w/lous short stick, msd super conductors, NGK TR-55 iridiums, SS long tubes, duals with x pipe 2 magnaflow bullets over axle with a frost mail order tune.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I'm not calling BS. A termi trapping 87 mph on dr's isnt making 445 whp lol a bolt on ls1 will trap that in the 1/8th all day long... Hell a stock termi should trap that I'd say you did good on the kill and that the other guy needs to either man up and say his car is stock or do some serious tuning and checking lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah....good run but something isn't right with that stang. With your mods it really shouldn't have been close if he has the mods he says he does. Maybe his tune sucks??

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I agree. With his mods he should be faster. Nice kill, especially since the Termi driver is doing all the sh*t talking.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thanks guys, i rode in it and it does pull hard it felt faster than mine but everything does when ur not driving. It does have headers for sure i saw them and the pulley is tiny so i do know its not stock, i was waitin for him to come around me. Idk if its tuned i just know he just got it about a month or so ago like 42xxx miles i think for 27k! Waste of money could have easily bought a modded c5 zo6 for that. Ill get vids posted up this weekend of other races with him and ldurham

White
    '10 ZR1

440 to the wheel should get you 7.5 to 7.7 in the 1/8th depending on the gazillion factors. (he probably should've trapped higher than 87, as others have said) So, if he ran a 7.9, that's believeble if he had a bad '60 foot time.

I'm surprised he didn't rape you from the 50 mph roll.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

maybe he's missing 2 or 3 spark plugs???

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

hey man im very surprised too, i feel like my car has always done good as some say "factory freak" but i dont know about that. My car definitely surprises me all the time. Im not lying about his mods i have seen those besides the ported plenum of course but hopefully we can get something on video friday night.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm pumped to race him it will be a damn good race if Texas Speed will ever send me back my PCM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    hey man im very surprised too, i feel like my car has always done good as some say "factory freak" but i dont know about that. My car definitely surprises me all the time. Im not lying about his mods i have seen those besides the ported plenum of course but hopefully we can get something on video friday night.
    I believe you on his mods and on the outcome.....I'm still saying his car isn't right or something. That car should be in the 11's. Factory freak or not you're not running 11's with headers.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Considering the Termi had (3) people in it or maybe 600+ lbs makes a big difference also...

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

yep and i needed it lol the driver is about 300 alone other kid prolly 115 and other kid prolly 150, so right around the 600 mark. o well a win is a win lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good kill clit! also fellas the termi is a vert....

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Considering the Termi had (3) people in it or maybe 600+ lbs makes a big difference also...
    Absolutely! I'd say the 300 extra pounds would be worth ~.3 tenths in the 1/4, or somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 car lengths.

Try him again with only him in there.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I once was told that every 100lbs nets around the equivalent of losing/gaining 10hp (depending if you add it or lose it). Don't know how much truth there is to that, but seems far.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I once was told that every 100lbs nets around the equivalent of losing/gaining 10hp (depending if you add it or lose it). Don't know how much truth there is to that, but seems far.
    Up until a certain E.T., it is as good of a rule of thumb as I've heard of and experienced.

100 lbs in reduction = ~.1 quicker E.T.
    10 hp increase = ~.1 quicker E.T.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

i might do it tomorrow night might go from a slower roll or something, willll post vids if it happens

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

good kill. hes lying to you about the the horsepower. Ive trapped higher speeds than that on shitty street tires before...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

The kid is a lil sketchy, so he very well may be lying bout his numbers. I wanna point out that one of the reasons for that kid to buy that terminator was because he wanted a car that would beat 02sunsetorangeZ's car hahahahaha

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

hmmm its definitley not doubtful but a pulley headers and ported plenum and stuff definitely isnt a sloucher. He has always been sketchy like lee said. He hada 97ish gt with a 5.0 in it out a cobra that year that supposedly and bone stock i put LENGTHS on him. Either way if he is lying lee is also correct about his goal to beat me, and even if he is lying about what he put down im not worried cuz i know he has a pulley and headers atleast and that is a quick car for that. Also to think he paid 27k for that cracks me up.

Thread Information