Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

03 Cobra vs. C5 Z06

Not that much of a race. Driving home on the highway, a C5 Z06 pulled next to me and goosed it some and then downshifted. So I downshifted to second too and waited for his move. I gave him the jump (tho Im not sure if he floored it right away, I might have actually gone WOT just barely before him). It started about 30 mph in second and by the end of second I had a car on him and then he either missed a shift or just gave up. He didnt get next to me after that, I was hoping for another, cleaner run with more clear cut results. Most of my pull in second might have been the rwtq difference, there's a good chance I would have stopped pulling or maybe just put another 1/2 car to about 110 or something. Those cars are said to trap 115-117 stock, pretty much in the range im in now. I guess I'll never know.

BTW it was probably stock. Sounded a little loud, might have had a catback but im not sure how loud those years really are. For sure didnt have a cutout and still had cats by the sound of it. It was black and even had dealer plates out back.

Should have given him some bait for another try. Good kill. maybe he smoked a clutch ?
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

C6 H/C/N20

Good kill but it does suck when you have a random encounter and you have no idea of thier mods or thier skill level.

What are your mods? I should be getting my 2nd Cobra here shortly. Solid axle, 3.4 Whipple and as much weight as I can yank.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    Not that much of a race. Driving home on the highway, a C5 Z06 pulled next to me and goosed it some and then downshifted. So I downshifted to second too and waited for his move. I gave him the jump (tho Im not sure if he floored it right away, I might have actually gone WOT just barely before him). It started about 30 mph in second and by the end of second I had a car on him and then he either missed a shift or just gave up. He didnt get next to me after that, I was hoping for another, cleaner run with more clear cut results. Most of my pull in second might have been the rwtq difference, there's a good chance I would have stopped pulling or maybe just put another 1/2 car to about 110 or something. Those cars are said to trap 115-117 stock, pretty much in the range im in now. I guess I'll never know.

BTW it was probably stock. Sounded a little loud, might have had a catback but im not sure how loud those years really are. For sure didnt have a cutout and still had cats by the sound of it. It was black and even had dealer plates out back.

I am callin' BS...

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
    Good kill but it does suck when you have a random encounter and you have no idea of thier mods or thier skill level....
    Dude, are you kidding? That's better than sex! Pulling up next to another car, having no idea of their mods, gives me one of the biggest rushes of all time. It's the not knowing that does it. So many thoughts race through your mind within a matter of seconds before you mash the gas, then the goosebumps immediately become prevalent. Oh yes, I'd personally rather not know, and find out immediately afterward....

Somebody get me a damn cigarette now lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I am callin' BS...
    Dude, what happened to the catfish lol....?

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

same mods/power as me in a 03 Cobra vert vs. stock c5 z06.

12.718 @ 117.47

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Dude, what happened to the catfish lol....?

the badger ate it

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn that vid needs some music son.

The vette guy went half throttle so you would win. Must have been a friend of yours doing you a FAVOR! hahaha

10's N/A

same mods/power as me in a 03 Cobra vert vs. stock c5 z06.
    Either something is wrong with that vette, or I guess your not the best driver. I've seen stock C5 Z06's either run with or pull intake/exhaust/pulley 'verts. DigitalCorvettes.com has several like scenarios. Your hardtop Cobra with the same power is running very close to a stock 2002-2004 Z06. An '03/'04 vert is considerably heavier. I agree with the second comment on the video that something wasn't accurate. Just my .2

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Dude, are you kidding? That's better than sex! Pulling up next to another car, having no idea of their mods, gives me one of the biggest rushes of all time. It's the not knowing that does it. So many thoughts race through your mind within a matter of seconds before you mash the gas, then the goosebumps immediately become prevalent. Oh yes, I'd personally rather not know, and find out immediately afterward....

Somebody get me a damn cigarette now lol....
    I see your point, I wasnt clear enough. What I meant was when you win a street race (always a blast) it sucks to never have a conversation to know exactly what you beat, thier setup/usual times.

That Cobra got more RWHP than advertised and nice driver Mod.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    That Cobra got more RWHP than advertised and nice driver Mod.
    agreed.

C6 H/C/N20

Thats Fasnakes 03 Vert from LS1tech and SVT. He used to have a C6 and sold it for the Cobra. After this race he also ran a local guy with a C5 Z with bolt ons 396rwhp. Here is that one.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881710

Here is the thread and the Z06 and Fasnake are friends I believe. Now it is not on youtube anymore. The Cobra won that too by very little. You can read the thread though. Good times.

The drivers are the deciding factors more than the cars.

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

on that video the motor cover it says 5.7 it should be a 6.0ls1

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry01ss View Post
    LS2's (6.0) didnt come out until the 05 C6 Corvette. All the Z06's 01-04 were 5.7 LS6's.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry01ss View Post
    The C5 Z06 (01-04) had a 5.7 LS6 powerplant. The 6.0L your referring to is the LS2 ('05-'07)

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    He used to have a C6 and sold it for the Cobra.
    I pity him.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 03-30-2008 at 09:45 AM.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    The C5 Z06 (01-04) had a 5.7 LS6 powerplant. The 6.0L your referring to is the LS2 ('05-'07)

I pity him.

How did I know that was coming.

Well check his sig on the link and he wanted a better DD and his Cobra is faster so I guess it only matters to him.

I have another buddy (QuikZ06) who was trading his 99 C5 FRC (forged w/D1 and almost 700rwhp) for an 03 SB Cobra (w/3.4 Whipple and 710rwhp). QuikZ06 sold his last KB Cobra for an FI C5 and actually is going back to a Cobra. Quik's post is #56 with pics of the Vette and engine. They were setup for trade and Quik blew a headgasket racing a.....10sec SRT4 so the deal is off. Cobras are very fun to own.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=458899

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    How did I know that was coming.

Well check his sig on the link and he wanted a better DD and his Cobra is faster so I guess it only matters to him.

I have another buddy (QuikZ06) who was trading his 99 C5 FRC (forged w/D1 and almost 700rwhp) for an 03 SB Cobra (w/3.4 Whipple and 710rwhp). QuikZ06 sold his last KB Cobra for an FI C5 and actually is going back to a Cobra. Quik's post is #56 with pics of the Vette and engine. They were setup for trade and Quik blew a headgasket racing a.....10sec SRT4 so the deal is off. Cobras are very fun to own.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=458899
    Sweet. And I bet there are a dozen guys who have gotten out of their Cobra's for good and hopped into a C6, only to never look back. In my opinion, there not even comparable. I mean, who wouldn't wan't to experience this...

Let pony cars be pony cars

Thread Information