Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Exclamation 02 WS6 vs. 93 NSX Who Would Win??

Ok i got offered $1000 to race a 93 NSX with "some mods" i dont know all of the mods but what i do know is stock 93 nsx 3.2L 191cu. in. 290hp/221tq 3066 Net wt.

I heard that he had intake, small turbo, and some other minor shit but does have drag tires on the car...

My car is as followed. 02 WS6 M6 411RWHP/403RWTQ Weight 3495.
    Suspension Mods: LCA's, Sub-frames, Adj. TA, HAL QA1 Shocks, Sway Bars, Pan hard, Nitto 315 Drag Slicks...

Engine Mods: TR 238/242 .595/.605 111.5LSA Dyno tuned, LS6 Intake (duh), SLP Lid, Minor Head Work, Pacesetter LT headers, Full Race 3" True Dual X pipe mandrel bent exhaust w/ 2 18" billet mufflers,85mm MAF, and other small misc stuff like 10.4mm Race Pro Wires and BGRA....

So on that note i will find out almost exactly tommrow what this kid has in his car and i will let everyone know so that you can give me a better anwser of if i should take the bet...

But from all this info who do you thinl will win????

NBM
    99 TA

well stock for stock the cars are pretty well dead even, so it will all come down to mods!

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Do you give up $1k if you lose?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

NSX's are overpriced pieces of shit, without F/I, they are a joke - hence the reason for the "small turbo". I wouldn't race him unless I knew exactly what kind of boost he was pushing or what kind of power he was putting down, with a turbo anything is possible.

Even a stock LS1 will walk an NSX, which is pathetic considering the F-Body was 1/3 the price brand new.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I think NSX's were good for top end speed not Qtr mile but like the other post said anything is possible with a turbo! Will you be racing from a dig? What will you be racing to (speed or distance). Bottom line is, can you afford to loose 1K?

If I'm not mistaken, a 93 NSX had a 3.0L in it with 278 hp. I think it did the quarter in about 14(ish) secs. I don't think the early ones could get in the 13's. Then again, I could be wrong.

I'de take the F body. I raced an earlier NSX like 93 - It was no contest.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

You right the NSX is overpriced but it is not a piece of shit. They are a very well made sports car that would run circles around you on a road track. They never made them a quarter mile car ,but I think the 93-94 models came with a 3.2L 290 hp and they ran low 13's.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Exclamation

I believe they are better in the top end....1/4 mile you should win..I would put at least 1 dollar on it.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Red
    2000 Slp Firehawk #128

My friends buddy has a 2000 nsx and I raced him from where he thought his car would be best from which was from about 40 mph to high speeds. I have a 2000 6spd 320 rwhp 335 rwtq firehawk. The acceleration didnt even compare in a straight line. I Was ahead by roughly 4 to 6 cars to say 140. He knows how to drive a stcik shift and even i thought it would be much closer than that. We did make a few runs from very low rolls and the car stays much closer to the ls1 car from say 10 to 60. I would also take my chances on a road course with a nsx even though i think it would be a much closer race.

Well, honestly i think i would kick his ass considering the HP and TQ im making plus all the suspension mods i have... I know the NSX's are crap and im still waiting on what exactly he has in his car....And i am aware that the NSX was build more for high speeds then a 1/4 mile dig which we WILL be doing so i think i might do put the 1K down depending on what he has in his car.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO View Post
    Do you give up $1k if you lose?
    Yup..... i do... but i wont loose!!! hopefully.....

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN View Post
    I think NSX's were good for top end speed not Qtr mile but like the other post said anything is possible with a turbo! Will you be racing from a dig? What will you be racing to (speed or distance). Bottom line is, can you afford to loose 1K?
    Yup we ARE doing a dig and it's only a 1/4 mile race.... most likely best of 3.... and i think i can afford the 1k or atleast i'll sell blood and semen lol

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

For $1000 dollars, I'd definitely think about it. When I was at the dragstrip at vegas I ran into two NSX's one with a small turbo and one with a larger one. The NSX with the small turbo threw down 550 something rwhp and the other with large turbo threw down 800 something rwhp. The NSX is a mid engine car, so most of the weight are on the rear wheels. If he is a good driver, he will be able to rip the quarter, so be careful. Roll ons with a turbo anything are wicked and an NSX with a turbo once VTEC hits is lethal.

567rwhp@16 psi, 777rwhp@26 psi, 825rwhp@28 psi
    Justin Nenni Tuned

red
    1999 Trans am

Expect him to get you on the launch. Mid engine cars usually have hard ass launches due to the fact there engines are right over there rear tires and it provides good downforce. Don't get nervouse and gun it and spin your tires. Control the Pow wa. And I think you'll catch him by 40-50mph
    Get him at top end , thats were us Ls1s shin.
    Practice your launches a shit load.
    $1000 grand is good money.
    Usually I hate when people post "what do you think races" But this is an exsepiton.
    Wish I could see the race!
    Report back after you woop his ass , preferably with a video.

Oh! if he really is a kid he is probably a cocky and doesn't know his place in the car food chain.

I hear you guys and yea this is one of thoes races that i think would be worth a video.... Im finding out tonight exactly what he has in his car... and OH YEA HE IS A COCKY ASS!!!!! I can't wait to drown him in smoke!

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I've got a problem with a cocky kid in a nsx too, I think his engine is stock and mine is stock. I'm just looking for him.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good luck , keep us posted

I'd be surprised if the NSX doesn't take this one handily. Even a small turbo on a NSX w/ supporting bolt ons should be darn fast. It's a light car, and as mentioned the mid engine will allow him to launch quite well, especially with drag radials. To top it off he could be making more power (even if not, he doesn't need as much power to be faster)...

I would need to know rwhp numbers for him to make a better guess, and I would definitely love to see this race for fun or a $50ish bet, but there is no way in hell I'd lay $1k on the line in a race w/ a relatively unknown setup turbo NSX on drag radials. Especially if he's the one instigating the $1k bet... I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to him to gauge the approximate performance of your LS1 setup, on the other hand he could be packing anything from 350-550 rwhp. You really feel comfortable throwing down $1k with that range of uncertainty?

Thread Information